Author Topic: Backwards rolling bombers upon takeoff!?!?  (Read 520 times)

Offline Mad0Max

• Zinc Member
Backwards rolling bombers upon takeoff!?!?
« on: April 26, 2005, 09:33:38 PM »
HTC come on.... What is up lately? Now we have(for the last 2 or so patches) bombers that when in formation roll "backwards" right before takeoff  that result is free kills for any near by enemy. Please, Please fix this. This is rediculious!

pics are posted, recording to follow.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:52:25 AM »
I tried but I can't duplicate that.  I need more info about the circumstances.  Does it do it everytime?  What terrain, field, and takeoff direction are you using?  Is auto-takeoff enabled?  Etc., etc.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »
Pyro,

You will need to know which map and field but this problem maybe related to the sub-tiles under the field.

When working on the frac3 map, I had a small field (safld0) sitting on a tile (Grass) with the sub-types set to:
1 2
3 0
where the ends of the runway where on sub-types 2 and 3.   The number 3 drone would roll backwards, takeoff and then explode as Mad0Max described.  It would happen if you took off SW or NE.  I did not do extensive testing but setting the sub-types under the field to zero stop this from happening.

Offline BBinder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 06:14:28 PM »
the AI formation bombers also seem to take off before lead bomber has enough speed to get wheels off a ground, this needs to be changed

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 09:27:25 PM »
Pyro,

I have noted this usually happens to me at fields where there is a downhill section at the runway end you are using.  

It seems that the planes just roll backwards down the hill and then cant get up to take off with you.  It usually means a missing drone or two when you get airborne.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Mad0Max

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 11:08:15 PM »
I totaly forgot to mention the field. Guess I need to post that recording now.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 08:06:39 AM »
Thanks for that observation Machnix, I'll have HT see if that's the case.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 12:59:09 PM »
Saw this phenomenon last night at A63  on the current map (Trinity? Not entirely sure). I don't fly bombers much lately, but I've seen this a few times on other players. Could see the from lined up at the runway, lead plane started rolling, drones executed a 90deg turn to the right, and plowed through the trees. The planes were lancasters, takeoff direction was West, IIRC.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 06:48:42 PM »
Dont't know if this helps or  not...I have noticed with the last couple of patches...when I spawn an Ostwind in the VH it rolls backward slightly before the engine starts.  Did not notice this untill recently - Is it related?  

DawgWx