Author Topic: A Different idea for Bomber Perks - one system for aircraft  (Read 788 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
A Different idea for Bomber Perks - one system for aircraft
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:53:25 AM »
Remember, we all agree our current bomber perks are worthless… have no value… we don’t spend them… the Ar234 is a hanger queen… yada yada yada...  

It would be worth it if all our bomber perks were reset to zero and the formula for earning bombers perks was redone so we could spend them on perked fighters instead. One perk system for aircraft.  To prevent some of you guys from howling foul and calling for a lynching party in Grapevine, maybe convert old bomber perks into a maximum of whatever the new cost for a single formation of Ar234s.  That’s currently 600 perks as the upper limit for conversion.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:57:29 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captkaos

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 02:34:07 PM »
The problem is that I rarely ever use anything but GV perks.  I almost never fly a perked fighter, and Ar 234's are useless.  So my vote is to leave the perk system alone, just give us better options to spend the bomber perks.

Offline baron7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 08:32:40 PM »
i agree with captkaos they should give us new bombers to spend points on like the b29 or something

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 05:24:33 AM »
I would prefer it if  the perk system is either less able to trade between ride types (ie separate fighters/attackers/bombers/gv's perks ) or  make it so there was just one perk column that could be used for any option.

I think there should be another perked bomber. Problem is that a b29 is time costly development wise and not fully appropriate yet (IMO).

An easier fix would be a perked (non formation) Lanc modified for Tall Boy or even maybe Grand Slam.

Even a late mark Mossie Bomber toting the 4000lb HE cookie could attract a  small perk.

Both of these can be worked from existing stuff.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:31:48 AM »
We need a perk point bank where we can exchange bomber perks for Fighter. Fighter for GV & etc. All at a small fee for the bank of course, say 10% fee for converting.

Also should be able to give perks to people.
Say you want to run a fun squad 262 mission but only half of your guys have enough perks. If your willing to give them up you should be able to transfer them to whoever you want to. Again with a reasonable transfer fee.

It wouldn't have to be part of the AH FE.
It could easily be run as a web page  in a browser window.
You log in with username & password, it shows a balance sheet. (what perks in which arena etc) Buttons on the side for converting, gifting to another person, etc. There could be a higher cost for moving perks between arena's, etc.  Which would help keep the system from being abused.

If your willing to give up 1000 perks so you can get 500 over to the AVA arena, why not?

Duels in the DA could now have 5k fighter perks wagered, winner takes all.

Even if we can't move them between arena's. We should have the abilty to trade worthless bomber perks for GV perks or fighter perks.

As well as being able to give them where we please.

Please Hitech PLEASE!

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 10:46:06 AM »
I believe perks must stay as they are. All we need to make bomber perks usefull is perked formations. Not too high, may be 5-10 perks per plane. It will solve dozen of other problems with bombers as well.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 12:28:33 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
We need a perk point bank where we can exchange bomber perks for Fighter. Fighter for GV & etc. All at a small fee for the bank of course, say 10% fee for converting.

Also should be able to give perks to people.
Say you want to run a fun squad 262 mission but only half of your guys have enough perks. If your willing to give them up you should be able to transfer them to whoever you want to. Again with a reasonable transfer fee.

It wouldn't have to be part of the AH FE.
It could easily be run as a web page  in a browser window.
You log in with username & password, it shows a balance sheet. (what perks in which arena etc) Buttons on the side for converting, gifting to another person, etc. There could be a higher cost for moving perks between arena's, etc.  Which would help keep the system from being abused.

If your willing to give up 1000 perks so you can get 500 over to the AVA arena, why not?

Duels in the DA could now have 5k fighter perks wagered, winner takes all.

Even if we can't move them between arena's. We should have the abilty to trade worthless bomber perks for GV perks or fighter perks.

As well as being able to give them where we please.

Please Hitech PLEASE!

Ghosth, You make some very attractive points and, for the most part, I agree that it would be nice to be able to build missions and folks could join using your perks.

However, I beg that you consider what I'm about to describe very, very carefully.

Once you open the possibility that perks can be received without earning them.. no matter what the intent, our world, as sad as it is, sometimes, will never be the same.

Just this week somebody posted this:
Perks for sale?  

Ok.. that's probably a troll/shade.. but, still, that's just a tip of the iceberg from what we'll see.    Pages of posts asking for perk points for some sob excuse or another.  

"I'll join your mission if you pay me 10 perks"
"It's my birthday, will somebody loan me some perks so I can fly a 262?"
"Hey!  You guided our mission right into an enemy CV and I lost my 262!  I want you to pay me for it!"

Oh, and here's one you KNOW you'll see..
" You $@#!$ got me killshot in my 163!! Pay me back, you !@#!@# "

Go to ANY of the MMORPG out there, where you have to develop skills to perform time-consuming tasks to earn mere pittances of 'money' to purchase items to make it easier to develop skills to perform time-consuming tasks to ern mere pittances of 'money' to purchase....

You will encounter many people that, basically, stand on the corner and ask for handouts so they don't have to earn the stuff.  It's downright annoying and, it adds an element of guilt that I don't need in this game.

It would be nice to be able to share perks.. no doubt.  Especially for those of us that don't use them..  But I strongly believe the damage that the impact that would have to our culture would be catastrophic.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 08:00:30 AM »
Good points apdrone sir.

Perhaps a limit on how many perks to one person?
Or a stiff penalty on moving perks to people not in your squad?

Even if we can't move them between people or arena's at all.
I still think we should be able to change bomber for fighter, GV etc.