Author Topic: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:21:28 PM »
Who are the \\\"Mega Squads\\\" and what defines them as such? Is it actual numbers or actions in game, combo of both, or just opinions or perceptions?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:26:26 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 11:25:27 PM »
And I dont know why the \\ are in there.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 11:26:04 PM »
3 or more like minded persons who wish to do anything other than furball. I found out tonight that my current two player squad is good to go. That may change though. You never know around these parts.

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 11:38:33 PM »
I dunno, but just saying it makes certain people very defensive!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 12:37:21 AM »
Originally posted by KTM520guy
3 or more like minded persons who wish to do anything other than furball. I found out tonight that my current two player squad is good to go. That may change though. You never know around these parts.

:noid

Perfect Definition Sir!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 01:33:58 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Who are the \\\"Mega Squads\\\" and what defines them as such? Is it actual numbers or actions in game, combo of both, or just opinions or perceptions?

A "mega squad" is essentially any more then one squad with the same name, claiming to be one squad.

Sinice HTC limits Squads to 32 people, to call anything else a squad is misleading.

But there are  'squads' that claim upwards of 90 members, that in reality are numerous squads carrying the same name.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
A "mega squad" is essentially any more then one squad with the same name, claiming to be one squad.

Sinice HTC limits Squads to 32 people, to call anything else a squad is misleading.

But there are  'squads' that claim upwards of 90 members, that in reality are numerous squads carrying the same name.

So from what I have read on here. People in squads like this are not wanted/welcome here anymore. Regardless of how many people are actually on at one time, or how you play the game, if on paper you carry more than 32 people under one banner you are part of the "cancer " in AH. Not a jab at you Guppy. I would like a better example of the Mega Squad than just whats on a roster. Are there 60 man missions running amok nightly in the MAs ruining the game?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 02:04:51 AM »
So from what I have read on here. People in squads like this are not wanted/welcome here anymore. Regardless of how many people are actually on at one time, or how you play the game, if on paper you carry more than 32 people under one banner you are part of the "cancer " in AH. Not a jab at you Guppy. I would like a better example of the Mega Squad than just whats on a roster. Are there 60 man missions running amok nightly in the MAs ruining the game?

Not taken as a jab.

One of the 'complaints' seen with the map changes was that "squads" couldn't fly together.  Well my squad hasn't had any trouble working it out.  But if you claim upwards of 90 members in your 'squad' it would be an issue.  

What you'll also see in any of the arenas now when the numbers get way off balance is parts of these 'squads' all flying on the same side throwing off any kind of balance as they want to fly together.

In using the squad size that HTC has set, which is 32, a squad is probably going to be lucky to get 10-12 guys up on a given night.  But if you have 3 of those squads claiming to be 1 squad, then you might have 30-36 at one time which can really throw things off if they aren't willing to help balance things out.  i've seen numerous instances in MW in the last couple weeks where you'll see one country outnumber the other two combined by 20 or more players when the total in the arena is barely over 100.  In each case it's been one of the 'multi-squads' and they're steamrolling the arena.

So the cry seems to be the game needs to accomodate these 'mega squads' which in my mind is a mis representation of what a squad really is in AH.

I sure don't want them to leave, but because they see themselves under one banner, they seem to have little desire to 'spread the wealth' by evening sides.  And it's been the cry that 'I can't fly with my squad" that has been one of the headlines of the complaints about the new arenas.

Again 'fly with my multi-squad" seems to be more accurate, but expecting to have  potentially 90 players get to 'fly with thier friends' on the same team at the expense of the game play for the rest of the folks in AH seems a tad unrealistic.  And when the stated goal of many of these folks is to 'win the war' it becomes even more difficult as the goal doesn't involve interaction with the rest of the players in the game so much as rolling bases as fast as you can to 'win the reset'.

Bottom line to me is we have to find a way to create some balance and funnel the players together so the strat and ACM guys have to work together and fight the fight to obtain whatever goals they desire.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 02:22:11 AM »
So there are actually "squads" putting together 30+ people in an arena with 40 people in it on such a regular basis its ruining gameplay? How many arenas are there now?

btw Guppy, I have not played in months after mother nature took my rig.Ive yet to play the new format so keep that in mind while Im rolling out the questions.:D

Being the CO of a "mega squad" (60 on the roster) Im dont recall us ever having half of us on at one time. Once in a blue moon we would get a bit over 20 on a squad night. On regular nights if we had 10-15 on only half of that number might be doing the same thing.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 03:05:31 AM »
I really dont know what the fus is all about just take troops down and the horde stops if its really that serious.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 03:42:21 AM »
Originally posted by Pawz
I really dont know what the fus is all about just take troops down and the horde stops if its really that serious.

You would think.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 03:53:39 AM »
And I dont know why the \\ are in there.

decoration,it make the tiltle more sexy ;)

megasquad == horde for some people

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 05:27:53 AM »
Originally posted by Pawz

:O  ZOMG!!!!!!!!111111!! :O

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Whats a \\\"Mega Squad\\\"?
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 05:59:48 AM »
So from what I have read on here. People in squads like this are not wanted/welcome here anymore.  

The people are wanted and welcome, the squads... not as much.

HTC put the 32 man cap and has repeatedly refused to increase it for a reason. They cannot force 90 people not to be in a practical squad, but they try to discourage it. I wouldn't go as far as calling these squads "cancer" but I don't see it as a good thing if they roll 30 man missions or resist side ballancing issues.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 07:13:18 AM »
So, whats next on the black list ... arena missions?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown