Author Topic: Ketsu-Go Frame 3 Results and Final Scores  (Read 351 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ketsu-Go Frame 3 Results and Final Scores
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
In what was a chess game of flight distances, scouts, and air superiority, The Allies came away with the final move to snuff out any Japanese idea of prolonging the war.

The Axis had the oppurtunity to turn the tables and come out with a victory in the defense of Japan. They had to clinch victory in this frame to even come close to securing a victory this FSO. It was going to be another fight to the finish for both sides.

The Allies sunk all but one of the Japanese Destroyers and Destroyed all the Aircraft hangars at A105. They also shot down 43 aircraft including 7 "Peggy" Bombers.

Giving them a total of 800 Points.

The Axis struck hard as well. They sank the CV at 92 and a cruiser. They also sank a cruiser at 93 and one Destroyer at 77. They shot down 60 aircraft including 6 P-38s.

Which gave them a total of 780 Points. Not enough to claim victory in Frame 3 and not enough to claim Victory this FSO. Although a valiant effort in defending their homeland.  

ALLIES = 1875
AXIS = 1735

I think this one goes in to the category of Minor Allied Victory. And goes into my log book as one the best FSO's I've seen in quite some time. With the addition of some new squads next tour we must continue on this path of successful and well-played FSO's. As noted in another post, it seems that observers were getting awarded for kills. I went through the logs at HTC and discovered that this happened on both sides. The numbers have been changed to reflect the actual score.

Thanks to all who particpated and had a good time.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!