Author Topic: Arena Caps  (Read 345 times)

Offline shoppe

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.britlink.com/theofficeshoppe/
Arena Caps
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:31:19 AM »
This may have been suggested before and I missed it, if so I apologize, but just a thought regarding arena caps. All too often I look for an arena to fly in and find the numbers too out of kilter to enjoy. In one late war arena my country has too many players and just not too much fun, in the other  late war arena the other countries have too many and the same applies. The early and mid war  arenas have 5-15 players each, again, not too much fun.

I was just thinking if the arena has a total cap on it, would it not work to also have individual country caps within that arena?

Obvious scenario is arena capped at 300, each country has a cap of 100 players in that arena.

Not perfect I know but wouldn't it help make the fighting a little more even? Of course two countries can still gang up on the other but at least it would start off on an even keel.

Just a thought,

Shop

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Arena Caps
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:44 AM »
Good post shop!  <> bro
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Arena Caps
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »
Its a good sounding idea but I do wonder at what point you get into too much regulation in game.  I tend to check the sides and go to the least numbered anyway so this idea wouldn't impact me, much.  Good luck with it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena Caps
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »
Originally posted by shoppe
This may have been suggested before and I missed it, if so I apologize, but just a thought regarding arena caps. All too often I look for an arena to fly in and find the numbers too out of kilter to enjoy. In one late war arena my country has too many players and just not too much fun, in the other  late war arena the other countries have too many and the same applies. The early and mid war  arenas have 5-15 players each, again, not too much fun.

I was just thinking if the arena has a total cap on it, would it not work to also have individual country caps within that arena?

Obvious scenario is arena capped at 300, each country has a cap of 100 players in that arena.

Not perfect I know but wouldn't it help make the fighting a little more even? Of course two countries can still gang up on the other but at least it would start off on an even keel.

Just a thought,

Shop

Not to poop on your parade, but this notion has been discussed ... with some little twists to accommodate it working with the dynamic arena cap notion.

Simply, when an arena cap has been hit, you can log into the arena, but only onto one of the lower populated country(s). This would eventually bring country totals close to even.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Arena Caps
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:16:41 PM »
an exact equal playing field all the time would also make things dull, maybe when ENY hits 10-15 area, a number cap could be enforced.

Although i would not be particularly enthusiastic about turning a game into a bunch of mathmatical equations and breeding ground for 'equaity.' i could see the above being the middle road.