Author Topic: vs enemy proxy modifier  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
vs enemy proxy modifier
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:49:08 AM »
(# of enemy in proximity/# of friendlies within proximity)=ProxyMod

ProxyMod*DamageVsEny=Damage vs Eny points logged for incident
and...
ProxyMod*DamageVsEny=Perk points logged for incident

Seriously!  Im sick of the "war game"/"overwhelming force"/"teamplay" mentality of some sects in the game.  Mind you, not the normal Murphies Law of gameplay, but the guys who think AH is about calling the whole squad in on one lone enemy.  

The guy in a 4v1 should get x4 points for damaging enemy planes, and the 4 hero's attacking the lone enemy should get x0.25 points.

Coordinated local ganging is going to ruin gameplay regardless of "ENY" (country balancer).  At least make so the score whordes make less score progress for regularly not fighting without an outragous advantage.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 07:50:13 AM »
AGREED !!!! So tired of fighting half a dozen guys at once. On the plus side I'm getting better at furballs !:rolleyes:

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
Right on!

If you take on 4 planes with one you should get 4x multiplier compared to the guy who took on 1 plane with 3 friendly s flying next to him.

What do you think, 2k globe?

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »
I Agree x 3!
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 12:25:21 PM »
Definitely interesting, but I'd be worried it'd be too complex to code for the proper outcome.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Definitely interesting, but I'd be worried it'd be too complex to code for the proper outcome.

Agree. Considering the tactical situation for scoring system may be a bit too much to program.

And another example: A few days ago I was swooping  down on a P47 mission climbing heavy over some mountains. They did outnumber me 6-1, but with all that E advantge a score/perk multiplier would have been extremely unfair.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 02:56:44 PM »
I actually like this idea, but I don't pretend to know how difficult this would be to program. Perhaps not that hard, simply count planes within range Xk, at the moment the kill message is sent?

Even at a disadvantage of alt/speed, 6 to 1 is really good odds, I don't care who you are.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 03:10:38 PM »
I like it.  There already is a system in place that works with distance to an enemy.  The proxy kill radius uses it, but it's probably too far of a distance for what we're talking about here.  2k would probably be about right.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Even at a disadvantage of alt/speed, 6 to 1 is really good odds, I don't care who you are.

6 cons (mostly Jugs) at 10k, but still only 500ft above ground level (trying to get over that mountain), 200mph, carrying heavy ords, maneuver options greatly reduced by that sloped ground in front of them vs  one faster and better turning plane screaming down at 450mph... :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »
Good idea.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
6 cons (mostly Jugs) at 10k, but still only 500ft above ground level (trying to get over that mountain), 200mph, carrying heavy ords, maneuver options greatly reduced by that sloped ground in front of them vs  one faster and better turning plane screaming down at 450mph... :D

Let's not confuse good odds with good judgement. :D
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 05:10:45 PM »
If the code can distinguish between an actual unfair fight and this...
then I'd vote for it.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Gulp

• Copper Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 05:41:22 PM »
Hmm, so I vulch the screenshot above and I get 30X the regular points?;)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 05:56:13 PM »
As far as I'm concerned the 'oddball' scenarios are irrelevent.  What is common is the con who simply refuses to engage in an even fight.  What is common is 5+ vs 1 engagments.

What set me off is that last night, I egressed the furball upon spotting 8+ 15k cons comming in.  Four pursuied me.  I dragged them over 1/2 a sector until 2 of them pealed off out of con range.  I turn to engage 2v1 and in no time, the other two come back from outside of con range...4v1, all 4 tried to HO, situation normal.  Again I egress and two enemies give up.  Let me make this point very clear...the fight is now 2v1 over 20 miles behind friendly lines, over 50 miles from the nearest enemy airfield.  So I re-engage 2v1 again.  Guess what?  Two different enemy fighters come in.  They had absolutely no reason to be out in the middle of nowhere.  They had to be alerted to the location by the original pursuiers.  What is up with that?  Calling in 'help' on an already 2vs1, or "hunting"?  Don't matter because either way it was some of the lamest game play I have ever seen in AH.  And overall, it is back to nobody wants to engage in actual combat, but rather is out looking for a free kill where there is little risk.

The fact is, it all pays the same no matter what the tactical scenario is.  More and more AH is being populated by pure gamers rather than flight sim enthuseist.  I say hit the 'game the gamers' and 'teamplay' in their score.  For those who just want combat for their gameplay, this will have little effect, but for those whos modius operendi is to run run run from any unoccupied enemy, and attack only occupied enemy, it will have an effect.

Potentially what I suggested would have a huge impact on the points vs enemy accumulation, but that is still only 20% of fighter rank, and 10% of attack and vehicle rank.  Net effect is, you'll have to do double or more times the work to accumulate rank points if you are a player who's bread and butter is avoiding an actual 'fight' at all costs.

And again 101 scenerios where this is "not fair" is irrelevent.  What is relevent is not rewarding poor gameplay.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
vs enemy proxy modifier
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:54 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
As far as I'm concerned the 'oddball' scenarios are irrelevent.  What is common is the con who simply refuses to engage in an even fight.  What is common is 5+ vs 1 engagments.

What set me off is that last night, I egressed the furball upon spotting 8+ 15k cons comming in.  Four pursuied me.  I dragged them over 1/2 a sector until 2 of them pealed off out of con range.  I turn to engage 2v1 and in no time, the other two come back from outside of con range...4v1, all 4 tried to HO, situation normal.  Again I egress and two enemies give up.  Let me make this point very clear...the fight is now 2v1 over 20 miles behind friendly lines, over 50 miles from the nearest enemy airfield.  So I re-engage 2v1 again.  Guess what?  Two different enemy fighters come in.  They had absolutely no reason to be out in the middle of nowhere.  They had to be alerted to the location by the original pursuiers.  What is up with that?  Calling in 'help' on an already 2vs1, or "hunting"?  Don't matter because either way it was some of the lamest game play I have ever seen in AH.  And overall, it is back to nobody wants to engage in actual combat, but rather is out looking for a free kill where there is little risk.

The fact is, it all pays the same no matter what the tactical scenario is.  More and more AH is being populated by pure gamers rather than flight sim enthuseist.  I say hit the 'game the gamers' and 'teamplay' in their score.  For those who just want combat for their gameplay, this will have little effect, but for those whos modius operendi is to run run run from any unoccupied enemy, and attack only occupied enemy, it will have an effect.

Potentially what I suggested would have a huge impact on the points vs enemy accumulation, but that is still only 20% of fighter rank, and 10% of attack and vehicle rank.  Net effect is, you'll have to do double or more times the work to accumulate rank points if you are a player who's bread and butter is avoiding an actual 'fight' at all costs.

And again 101 scenerios where this is "not fair" is irrelevent.  What is relevent is not rewarding poor gameplay.

Try out Mid-war some time. The low population usually stops the mass 5 on ones. The planes are fairly balanced, you don't have a ton of La-7's, Tempest, and Spit 16's running around try to HO you. I actually find a lot of good 1v1 fights. Theres still 2v1 and such, but I can't blame people for having a wingman, so long as it's no more then 1. Anything past that is just gang-banging.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil