Author Topic: Boot Option on Mission Channels  (Read 830 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
Boot Option on Mission Channels
« on: March 11, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »
Yes, you could use red text to communicate, but then only squaddies could see.

Sunday, we had some NME fruitcakes come and spy on our mission.  Can we have a way to boot spying interlopers off the mission channel?

We're running LOTS of big missions lately, and these turkeys need to go.

Can the mission organizer have an option to kick spying interlopers off the channel?

Thanks!

ROX

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Boot Option on Mission Channels
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Look into Teamspeak or my favourite Ventrilo.

It works outside of game and both have programmable transmit keys.

If your looking at squad co-ops this is probably the best solution.  Then you can run indivadual squad channels in game and have overall direction.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
Great idea when it's just your own squad!

On the other hand, the missions I speak of are missions where (so far 14 squads) multiple squads (and a lot of independants) get together and have fun.

If it were just my squad, we could get around the interlopers by using red text.

I'm not saying give everyone in the mission the boot option, just the mission submitter.

It would also come in handy to be able to click on someones name on the roster or radio scroll list and see how long they have been in your country.

I only ask because with the time to switch countries and then go back so short anymore, that this spying garbage has gotten out of hand.

(Really...the TRUE way to solve this whole problem is to have the time frame from switching countries be at LEAST 24 hours.  It was 24 hours in Air Warrior...I REALLY wish we had that here.  Sadly, there are MANY with no honor who exploit the loophole.)

ROX

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »
Just keep abusing the .report command. That's working so far, right?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:45:29 PM »
Just keep abusing the .report command. That's working so far, right?

Don't know, I have never used that option.

I'm looking for a viable, fair way.  But thanks anyway.

ROX

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »
I do wish there was a way to remove someone who had tuned into a # vox channel.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 09:56:40 AM »
I think this is a good idea. Although I can see abuse of this option where new players will have a more difficult time joining mission, however it would help the spying issue.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline ian5440

• Nickel Member
      • http://rollingthunder.spruz.com/main.asp
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:34 PM »
I love Ventrillo.  My squad uses it and gives a realistic sound of the person, very cool to hear the diff. between vent. and the vox
~~~~~~Hellkitty Dweeb~~~~~~
~~~~~~Wildcat Dweeb~~~~~~~

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
Don't know, I have never used that option.

I'm looking for a viable, fair way.  But thanks anyway.

ROX
:lol
My bellybutton you haven't.

Is this thread my fault by the way?

Oh, and no one cares enough to actually spy on your "missions."  Your paranoia is laughable.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 12:25:08 AM »
Oh, and no one cares enough to actually spy on your "missions."  Your paranoia is laughable.

Propaganda!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 04:56:36 AM »
I love Ventrillo.  My squad uses it and gives a realistic sound of the person, very cool to hear the diff. between vent. and the vox

Yea in game sometimes people can't understand my accent.  On Ventrilo it is clear as day and I can talk alot longer than 4 seconds  :D

It does use extra bandwidth though so you would need a solid connection and a better soundcard that can handle every channel.  For example having in game sounds, in game vox, ventrilo and even music playing sometimes, on board sound won't be very good.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline snowey

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 07:29:43 AM »
I do wish there was a way to remove someone who had tuned into a # vox channel.

sometimes it is a squads chanel
snowey
=55th=VelociRaptors
Flying since tour 79
VansCrew is a traitor and deserves to be shot
yes i know i cant spell so don't say anything about it

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »
Guys....lots of good suggestions and I appreciate it, Ventrillo would work fine if it were squad only...but we're talking about missions made up from guys from 14+ different squads plus indies.

Even when were not doing Alliance Missions, and the 77th wants to go do operations, it's to the point we still get a boatload of folks who want to tag along for the fun of it...Ventrillo would be hard to coordinate.

I'm talking about a VOX channel in-game where an active mission is underway, and CLEARLY members of the enemy have defected and show up on mission channel and won't leave. All I am requesting is a way for the mission planner to boot the interlopers.  Anything less just seems to encourage spying.

As for the flame-baiter 4 posts above....

ROX

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:36:40 AM by ROX »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 09:19:11 AM »
Rox there really isnt anything you can do about it.

Say stang changed his name to gnats and didnt say a word, he could still spy and relay information even if you thought he was part of the mission.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline KA4ZZQ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 09:53:18 AM »
Guys....lots of good suggestions and I appreciate it, Ventrillo would work fine if it were squad only...but we're talking about missions made up from guys from 14+ different squads plus indies.

Even when were not doing Alliance Missions, and the 77th wants to go do operations, it's to the point we still get a boatload of folks who want to tag along for the fun of it...Ventrillo would be hard to coordinate.

I'm talking about a VOX channel in-game where an active mission is underway, and CLEARLY members of the enemy have defected and show up on mission channel and won't leave. All I am requesting is a way for the mission planner to boot the interlopers.  Anything less just seems to encourage spying.

As for the flame-baiter 4 posts above....(Image removed from quote.)

ROX

ROX has a valid request for potentially valid issues.

I think the mission environment should incorporate several options for the builder.

- Option to require people to request - and be accepted - to join the mission
- Option to hide waypoint and field launch information from people not accepted into the mission
- Text boxes or MOTD style pop up associated with the mission to allow the mission builder to go into great detail for objectives and assignments

These would be options the builder could incorporate if they so desired.  I would imagine most would be fully open and not deal with restricting participation ( Some squads use missions for recruiting and WANT guests to join up )