Author Topic: Fishing Trip  (Read 905 times)

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
Fishing Trip
« on: June 09, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »
Ok, fishing Fools! Lets see your pictures!  this was a 72 lb. black drum fish that I caught on my last fishing trip in Cape May, NJ last month.  No fish stories, let's see the pictures. V1st

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »
Mine is cuter...and I didn't look like I was crapping my pants while I was holding it up.  :D

Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »
 :confused:   :confused:  loool, v1st nice catch!! do they fight well?!   my bigest one was 37 lbs Chinook on Ontario Lake,

Hey SOB, is that a catch or a bait ? !  i'm using that size of minnows as bait for salmon and pike  :lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:45:55 AM by ghi »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »
Its not as big as v1st's, but here's a black drum I caught while fishing in 18 inch deep water:

When they can't sound they do a lot more running around so the fight tends to be fun.

ghi, that's an 8 foot spinning rod with 15 pound tackle, took about 15 minutes to bring it in:

“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:32 AM »
I'm considering giving up fishing...

I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made my lunch, grabbed the dog, slipped quietly into the garage to hook the boat up to the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour.

There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was gusting up to 30 mph.

I pulled back into the garage, turned on the radio, and discovered that the weather would be bad throughout the day.

I went back into the house, quietly undressed, and slipped back into bed.

There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different anticipation, and whispered, 'The weather out there is terrible!'

My loving wife of 18 years replied, 'Can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that crap? '

I still don't know if she was joking...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:12:47 AM »
Oh, and my Dad and I 2 weeks ago at Leech Lake, Mn:

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »
ghi it took about 25 -30 min. to land.   I was up oswego a couple years back and landed a 30 pounder.  I will look for the picture.   Do you live NY?   I live westchester county.

culero nice catch.   This is 2nd year we went out for drum caught 4 last year 3 this year.

I'm looking for my tarpen picture 6' 110 pounds light tackle.  I caught it off of key west fl.  no jokes about what elese you catch in key west.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
Ok, fishing Fools! Lets see your pictures!  this was a 72 lb. black drum fish that I caught on my last fishing trip in Cape May, NJ last month.  No fish stories, let's see the pictures. V1st

(Image removed from quote.)

The guy next to you looks like this conga player that I used to play with in PA.  His name is Jack.

I've had lots of luck fishing in Cape May.  Never bothered to take pics, though.  I was always afraid I would get too drunk and drop the camera.
Brameister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »
some people say he looks like jack nicholson

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »
Ok some of Mineand
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:52:13 PM »
 Ohh ELK, nice salmon!
 where did you catch them ? looks like Columbia River !? i been driving big rigs a lot on I-84 along the river : nice places. I used to stop in somewhere close to a dam, i forgot the name of that place, and were always kitesurfers and  guys fishing for sturgeon, but anytime i did stop there ,they didn't have a catch,:i was curios to see one live, i did see them in pics only. Is salmon fishing still open there? I read something about banning salmon fishing on west coast?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:58:15 PM by ghi »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 05:21:24 AM »
Oh, and my Dad and I 2 weeks ago at Leech Lake, Mn:

(Image removed from quote.)

Rip
why do you put your bait on a stringer? :)
Thats about the size of the whiting I cut up to catch a couple of these last month:

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »

No luck yet... :cry
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 06:48:04 AM »
v1st ......... Hell of a haul..........nice fish.

living in florida part of the year I do get the opportunity to ocassionally hook some tarpon, kings, grouper, shark....and a very rare marlin off the keys if I am really lucky.....nevertheless....... ..I'm jealous of that haul.  nicely done.

as much as I dig salt.......my favorite is always gonna be a small bass boat out in the shallows in fresh water lakes...something I never get to do anymore.

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 01:26:07 PM »
my favorite is always gonna be a small bass boat out in the shallows in fresh water lakes...something I never get to do anymore.

That is the best fishing.  Haven't had as much fun fishing since I moved from Minnesota.  Course, seeing the guys out on the lake in the middle of winter freezin their butts to the 10 gallon bucket was kind of funny.  Can't imagine why that would be fun.  Tried to salt water fish and all I did was lose the bait.  Must be different than fishing for bass. 
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."