Author Topic: Ta 152H falling out of the sky  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ta 152H falling out of the sky
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
I could not reproduce it on my system. Is your rudder system spiking?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
It's not Lusche's controls.  The plane will do that in a heartbeat, if you're in the right conditions.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 11:03:29 PM »
I tried three full tank fulls and cant reproduce it. I wish the film viewer showed fuel loads and all. I also could not see rudder positions in the film. I guess controls dont show either!

Before you ask I never use stall limiter!  :eek:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
Well silly goose...  You dove on a Typhie!  Everyone knows that the game only allows Typhies to dive from above, nobody is EVER allowed to dive on a Typhie!

I'm amazed that the reality itself wasn't completely shredded!  :eek:

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 12:48:17 AM »
Lusche:

It appears to me that you entered into an accelerated stall while experiencing adverse yaw to the right.  The adverse yaw to the right occurs when you are rolling to the left caused by greater induced drag for the wing that has the greater lift to initiate the rolling moment (in your case the right wing to roll left).  Planes with high aspect ratios (like the Ta-152) experience greater adverse yaw which is a well known stability issue for aero's designing them these days.

At about the 18 sec mark I'm guessing is when you exceeded critical aoa looking at the angle that the trail makes in relationship with the wing.  There was a sudden increase in trail angle relative to the wing chord.  The aircraft was already under adverse yaw from the left hand rolling you were doing.  Yawing moment from the adverse yaw continued to yaw your nose to the right after you stalled which eventually put your aircraft into a very awkward orientation which eventually (& quickly) led into a deep stall (relative airflow at very high angles of attack - as indicated by the trail path to wing chord - near 90 degrees).

Couldn't tell by the controls if any rudder input contributed to it all or not.

Hope that helps!

Tango,XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 12:49:58 AM by dtango »
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2008, 09:02:45 AM »
That makes a lot of sense Tango.:aok  I've felt the same adverse yaw in the 152, but I can't fly it on the edge like these guys can. Guessing the 152 needed an even bigger vertical stab.
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »
It did need it and it was otw to implementation.. Unfortunately for us Germany was attrited to bits.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »
Finally got this to happen. Why dont more dweebs fly this so their 'aileron escape' ends their foolishness?

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:54:49 AM »
Because it's a crappy deathtrap.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 03:57:04 AM »
So I just read in another thread that AH2 in fact does model prop-wash.  Could this also be an instance where airflow over the rudder was interrupted enough that it caused a stall?  The combination of the roll effects dtango was speaking off, and the fact that it looks to me that he pulls right in behind the Typhie when the stall occurs...  Am I way off base here?

For reference:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,243380.msg2969338.html#msg2969338

EDIT:  Just looked again from the exterior view, doesn't look like his prop was would be an issue when looked at from this angle...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:04:57 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 09:00:45 AM »
So I just read in another thread that AH2 in fact does model prop-wash.  Could this also be an instance where airflow over the rudder was interrupted enough that it caused a stall?  The combination of the roll effects dtango was speaking off, and the fact that it looks to me that he pulls right in behind the Typhie when the stall occurs...  Am I way off base here?

Not in this specific case because Lusche had chopped his throttle and kept it idle before the critical moments.  He only pushed his throttle back up slightly at the very end after he got into a deep stall.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 06:58:53 PM »
I realize that this is dragging an old thread back up, but the same sort of experience happens to me when I am trying to keep up with the Spit I zooming along under me in a 110-C in offline. When the stall hits, I drop some flaps, and I am able to have some vert control, so I nose my plane a bit down to get some air flow, and hit wep to pull out of it. Usually this happens when I have some alt, but the severity of the stall often varies. I don't know if this will help you, but I hope I made some sense.
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 06:47:15 PM »
It's really a very very different situation, between the 110s' and the 152's stall behaviors.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DustyR

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
Stalled the horizontal stablizer??? :salute
Coal Country WV -- Home of the free ** because of the brave.