Author Topic: Lambo came up with a sound fix for you ATI enthusiasts  (Read 374 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Lambo came up with a sound fix for you ATI enthusiasts
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:22:48 AM »
It seems, I've never used it, that ATI has their own sound card or high definition sound built into the their video card. So if you run a seperate sound card you need to disable that under Hardware Device Manager. I know it cleared up some sound issues I was having.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
Re: Lambo came up with a sound fix for you ATI enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
 Actually I found it on another forum. After installing the 4850 I had an unknown pci device window that kept popping up and couldn't figure out what it was. Also, in AH I had great frame rates but after I actually got the chance to play on-line I had screen freezes when nme planes got d600 and d200. Also had an echo in my vox. I figured out this was a hd audio driver that is on the ati graphics card that wasn't installing correctly so I tried to just disable it with no results. After searching on other forums I found hotfix kb888111 from microsoft. With the hotfix installed I was able to go to device manager and update the driver from the cd drive. Still had issues with screen freezes and vox so then I disabled it. I guess since it was now installed correctly it was able to disable and my issues went away. Now the game runs smoother than ever.

Lambo

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:33:21 PM by lambo31 »
Ingame ID: Lambo