Author Topic: Landing 2+ kills in the MAs should additionally show how many perks were earned.  (Read 904 times)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
I have a suggestion for the wishlist: Every time someone gets their name listed for two or more kills in the main arena, additionally list how many perks they earned on that flight.

I think a lot of people are interested in seeing their name and getting a "grats" from their friends (and who wouldn't be?), so if this were implemented and someone lands a high number of perks in one flight, they'll get additional "grats". 

Of course the way to get a high number of perks is to fly high eny planes, so that will give people a reason to get out of their LALAs, Spixteens, and N1K2s, increasing aircraft variety in the MAs, particularly the LWMAs.

I think this change has the benefit of having no actual impact to the game itself but at the same time would change for the better how us players choose to play the game.  And it would take very little work from HTC to implement.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Landing 2+ kills
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »
There is a limit as to what will fit in the text buffer.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: Landing 2+ kills in the MAs
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »

Of course the way to get a high number of perks is to fly high eny planes, so that will give people a reason to get out of their LALAs, Spixteens, and N1K2s, increasing aircraft variety in the MAs, particularly the LWMAs.

I would agree with this idea, however I notice that it doesn't get people out of their Tempests, C-Hogs, 190s and pesky "Runstangs" !

Soooo with much regret , I cannot endorse this wish.

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Uhm...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »
You know, its one thing landing kills and bragging about them. Its an entirely different thing bragging about the perks you earned compared to someone else who landed more kills with less perks.

I am not in agreement with this idea.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:54:53 AM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: Uhm...
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »
What scares me Denholm,  is I have been agreeing with you alot lately!!!  <S>   :rock

You know, its one thing landing kills and bragging about them. Its an entirely different thing bragging about the perks you earned compared to someone else who landed more kills with less perks.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »

I'm curious why you believe my idea is any worse?
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Is Way To Long
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »
Bad idea, and what is the purpose?  Perks are like Monopoly money, everybody has some and it ain't worth a hoot.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
The biggest issue for most BoilerD, is probably the thinking that instead of the coders taking time to build/fix important game code, they are adding something that only 4 people would care about.  Maybe 7.   :salute

See Rule #4

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »

Worse in comparison to what? If you think a little deeper you will find that the only bi-product of implementing this feature are rants about cheating and, "n00bs."
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Re: Is Way To Long
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
Bad idea, and what is the purpose?  Perks are like Monopoly money, everybody has some and it ain't worth a hoot.

The general idea is that some people will try to see how many perks they can land in one flight, instead of how many kills they can land in one flight.  In order to accomplish this, they'll up 20+ ENY fighters instead of 5 ENY (or perk) aircraft.  Thus increasing the variety of aircraft seen in the LWMAs, which is good for everyone sick of seeing nothing but LA7s, Spit16s, N1K2s, P51Ds, and Typhoons (a common complaint).

A secondary effect will be to encourage players to move to the under-populated side, since they'll have a better perk modifier.

And a tertiary effect will be that people who up nothing but so-called "dweeb" planes to get their name in lights will see that tiny perk number next to their kills and possibly consider flying something else next time.

I consider it a win/win/win situation for everyone but the so-called "dweebs", who very well might be disappointed with this change were it to be implemented.

To which I responded:
To which Denhold responded: 
Worse in comparison to what?

So to be very specific, I'm curious how bragging on perks earned is "entirely different" (and implied worse) than bragging about number of kills.  To me it seems the entirely the same and certainly no worse. 

In fact I argue that its better, and its a more "legit" brag, to brag on killing better planes with a worse one, than to kill any planes with a 5 ENY or perk ride. 

I don't think it'll in any way encourage rants about cheating and I don't see how it has anything to do with ranting about "n00bs".  Then again I never tune to 200 where all the ranting supposedly appears.
Boildown

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
re
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 01:34:17 PM »
 :rolleyes:

71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »
THE OTHER PROBLEM....

So basically, you want the system to announce the end of every single last flight?  Land, ditch, bail, capture, death?

HOST: SHawk earned 3.76 perks dying in a F4U

HOST: FALCON23 earned 2.54 perks ditching in a tree in a ME110

HOST: stodd earned 0.87 perks landing 6 kills in a ME163

Something like that yes?

Cause that almost makes it sound like you're working for the "never-landers"

See Rule #4

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »
Oops....... I just reread the title of this silly wish........ Never you mind then! <S>

THE OTHER PROBLEM....

So basically, you want the system to announce the end of every single last flight?  Land, ditch, bail, capture, death?

HOST: SHawk earned 3.76 perks dying in a F4U

HOST: FALCON23 earned 2.54 perks ditching in a tree in a ME110

HOST: stodd earned 0.87 perks landing 6 kills in a ME163

Something like that yes?

Cause that almost makes it sound like you're working for the "never-landers"

See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Landing 2+ kills in the MAs
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »

I would agree with this idea, however I notice that it doesn't get people out of their Tempests, C-Hogs, 190s and pesky "Runstangs" !

Soooo with much regret , I cannot endorse this wish.

Boner
I agree with your sentiments Boner.  People will fly what they want to fly, how they want to fly.  Changing the name in lights sytem, the perks involved, the ENY system, adding a streak multiplier or some other coding to get folks to fly something else will not change this situation.

Runstangs?  You wound me Boner!  :D

<Salute>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:17:16 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Landing 2+
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 05:04:54 PM »
Eariler I landed 3 kills in a 109F-4 and got 32 perks for it, I don't want to brag about it.
Of course I bragged on squad vox, but thats different :P
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com