Author Topic: Arena caps  (Read 895 times)

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
Arena caps
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »
 :mad: why are there caps on the arenas? Why not let as many people in that want in... I wish I new why they have them, but I don't.. Example vox goes out..I relog sweet an arena cap..What is the point lets just have one late war arena and be done with this bs :furious It never bothered me before ,but it has been a lot harder to get in lately :huh Yes this is a rant, and it is getting absolutely stupid.... I miss the old days one huge map although that was ruined a bit by the once a week reset.. Just frustrated here  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena caps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »
  Yes this is a rant, and it is getting absolutely stupid.

Agreed.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »
I only dont like it when all my squaddies are in orange... I had like 10 on the other night and they were doing F4U4 runs... and I couldn't make it because of Arena caps... :(
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »
:mad: why are there caps on the arenas? Why not let as many people in that want in... I wish I new why they have them, but I don't.. Example vox goes out..I relog sweet an arena cap..What is the point lets just have one late war arena and be done with this bs :furious It never bothered me before ,but it has been a lot harder to get in lately :huh Yes this is a rant, and it is getting absolutely stupid.... I miss the old days one huge map although that was ruined a bit by the once a week reset.. Just frustrated here  :salute

Its been hashed out a million times, and Hitech has answered the question as well. Do a search.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 07:04:21 PM »
Its been hashed out a million times, and Hitech has answered the question as well. Do a search.
well I had to vent... I feel better now  :aok What is so hard about making simple adjustments to make the game even better? Were is the imagination? The game is good I been paying for awhile...Customer service is the best :rock  HTC worked hard and have developed a great game... I see so much potential being wasted for this game :aok The arena cap I can live with ,but at times it is a real drag..This is my personal opinion... I am not going any were= fact... Until someone makes another game of this sort that takes full advantage of it's potential. Could be in two days ;or maybe never.. :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:39:28 AM »

Yes it has been hashed out before, <cue Dr. Evil voice> (although I doubt it has been ONE MILLION times) and HiTech has weighed in with his thoughts, for which I thank him. But Sunday 11/9/08 was a classic example of why a country based cap system would be more desirable... In Blue the Bishops had a HUGE numbers advantage and in Orange the Rooks had an even larger advantage. So it was a case of "picking your poison", either fight with a prohibitive ENY or fight vastly outnumbered.
   This is the way the system is set up and I'm sure from the responses to previous posts on this subject that HiTech, and all at HTC have given this subject a great deal of thought. However, I suggest that the system be given a "second" look, and that thought be devoted to possible improvements.

I have suggested, and continue to believe, that a cap system based on the total strength of a particular country would be a viable alternative to what we have now. Here is what I suggest:

When logging in, if the country you are logging in to has a numerical advantage of 10% or greater (an example and just a shot in the dark for the number...), you would receive a "arena full" for country "X" message and sent to the other LW arena.

By using this type of system ENY would be much less of an issue, and better action and fewer "hoards" would result.

Has a country based cap system been tried in the past? Also what other problems might this create, taking into consideration the law of unintended consequences?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:43:09 AM by MajIssue »
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:41:34 AM »
Yes it has been hashed out before (<cue Dr. Evil voice> although I doubt that it has been 1 MILLLLIION times) and HiTech has weighed in with his thoughts, for which I thank him. But afternoon of Sunday 11/9/08 was a very good example of why a country based cap system would be more desirable... In Blue the Bishops had a HUGE numbers advantage and in Orange the Rooks had an even larger advantage. So it was a case of "picking your poison", either fight with a prohibitive ENY or fight vastly outnumbered.
   This is the way the system is set up and I'm sure from the responses to previous posts on this subject that HiTech, and all at HTC have given this subject a great deal of thought. However, I suggest that the system be given a "second" look, and that thought be devoted to possible improvements.

I have suggested, and continue to believe, that a cap system based on the total strength of a particular country would be a viable alternative to what we have now. Here is what I suggest:

When logging in, if the country you are logging in to has a numerical advantage of 10% or greater (an example and just a shot in the dark for the number...), you would receive a "arena full" for country "X" message and sent to the other LW arena.

By using this type of system ENY would be much less of an issue, and better action and fewer "hoards" would result.

Has a country based cap system been tried in the past? Also what other problems might this create, taking into consideration the law of unintended consequences?
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life

Offline macerxgp

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 04:50:52 PM »
and in Orange the Rooks had an even larger advantage.

You can thank the 357th for that. :salute
Quote from: Saurdaukar
Operational kettles in August 2009 exceed operational pots by approximately 142%.

Your comparison is invalid.

DeMaskus
357th-Death Dragons

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:05:58 PM »
I belive I understand how arena cap's work to a degree... If there is 190/200 in one arena then in the other arena it would be something like 95/250 <--just examples. What I dont understand is why sometimes, usually in the morning (EST timezone) both arena's are ##/400. Wouldnt the one arena with more players have a smaller cap then the arena with less ##? :confused:

I think Arena cap should consider map size too!
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 06:08:21 PM »
I belive I understand how arena cap's work to a degree... If there is 190/200 in one arena then in the other arena it would be something like 95/250 <--just examples. What I dont understand is why sometimes, usually in the morning (EST timezone) both arena's are ##/400. Wouldnt the one arena with more players have a smaller cap then the arena with less ##? :confused:

After seeing your name, i just want to shout 1 thing out

NOOB

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »
After seeing your name, i just want to shout 1 thing out

NOOB

after seeing yours all I can think of is your dad should have worn one.  :O

The caps are "dynamic" so as the population in blue moves closer toward the cap, more space is opened  (the cap number raises) in orange, causing more players to log into the orange arena, then as that population closes in on the cap number more space is opned up in blue and so on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 09:43:57 AM »
The dynamic cap is removed from 12:00 Midnight to 12:00 Noon central time.

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 11:10:48 AM »
The dynamic cap is removed from 12:00 Midnight to 12:00 Noon central time.

I did not realize this... an excuse to let the wife sleep and sneak out to the computer to check it out? Thanks Hitech... I will see what tonight brings! ;)
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »

Why not read what has been explained in the past....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)