Author Topic: Trackir 4 pro with trackclip pro.  (Read 2018 times)

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Trackir 4 pro with trackclip pro.
« on: November 13, 2008, 09:08:12 AM »
I purchased this unit & trying to work out all the kinks. At the moment I seem to be having issues with the rear view similar to a post Lusche had done about the f4u problems.  My issue is that all the planes with a rear head plate I cant peer around,over like I could with the toggle buttons. Now I can press f9 that locks in my view & I can use the toggle switches that gives me back the ability to look around the head plate but I have to press f12 to get track Ir to work again. So are my issues because I have a new version of track Ir & the game is not yet updated to it or am I just doing something wrong?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Trackir 4 pro with trackclip pro.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »
When forward, lean forward a bit then recenter. That will give you bigger distance from headrest when turning your head around to look back.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »
It helps marginally but nothing compared to going back to using toggle switches.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »
Make sure you have your software updated fully because the profiles that ship with the product and the drivers were not as good as the latest versions. I had to do some scaling of each axis to turn the sensitivity down.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:10:44 PM »
I purchased this unit & trying to work out all the kinks. At the moment I seem to be having issues with the rear view similar to a post Lusche had done about the f4u problems.  My issue is that all the planes with a rear head plate I cant peer around,over like I could with the toggle buttons. Now I can press f9 that locks in my view & I can use the toggle switches that gives me back the ability to look around the head plate but I have to press f12 to get track Ir to work again. So are my issues because I have a new version of track Ir & the game is not yet updated to it or am I just doing something wrong?

You might want to check out this profile.  http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/TIR4_AH2_profile.zip

"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
As you would in real life, lean over to either side then look back. That should give you excellent view to the rear from beside the headrest.  ;)

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:41 AM »
You might want to check out this profile.  http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/TIR4_AH2_profile.zip

Excellent that worked out well. Not at first though forgot to activate the trackclip pro. Thank you very much for that I owe you one.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:06:42 AM by lyric1 »

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:17:08 AM »
As you would in real life, lean over to either side then look back. That should give you excellent view to the rear from beside the headrest.  ;)
It will now after down loading the settings that Dentin posted.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »
Excellent that worked at well. Not at first though forgot to activate the trackclip pro. Thank you very much for that I owe you one.

:aok   :salute
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:39:15 AM »
Just another note, the hat switches will (or used to) override the TrackIR views.  I knew of a few people that had only one view programmed to their stick, the rear.

Online lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »
Just another note, the hat switches will (or used to) override the TrackIR views. 
Yes they do thanks.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:42 AM »
After about a month using the TrackIR I removed the view mappings on the stick, something I later discovered you really want to keep for vehicles.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »
After about a month using the TrackIR I removed the view mappings on the stick, something I later discovered you really want to keep for vehicles.

Yup, I just got my TIR4+ClipPro last night.  Holy smokes!  Very sweet thing indeed, but discovered after 30 seconds in a GV that I'll be disabling the TIR when GVing.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »
Yeah, it becomes obvious as you step into one I just don't drive GVs very often. :)

Truth has no agenda.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »
For GV's i just disable it when i'm inside driving or gunning.  If i'm topside machine gunning i'll turn it off and on depending on what i'm doing.  The only view related things i have mapped are enable/disable and center.

The hardest thing i had to deal with when i got my TrackIR was what to do with all those extra switches i had left over!  :devil