Author Topic: My first day  (Read 686 times)

Offline NewB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
My first day
« on: November 20, 2008, 01:42:57 PM »
==============================
Folks, this is a shade account for clerick.  It has been banned.  clerick, if you want to stay a member of this community, you will not do this again.

To any new users that happen to read this.  Help is available in many forms.  Within the game, the trainers in the Training Arena are available.  We at HTC are available during normal business hours.  There is extensive documentation available from several sites.  The bulletin board is also a wealth of information.

Just as a reminder though.  The bulletin board is not for playing games.
================================

So, i was watching Dog Fights on the history channel and saw an ad for this game.  I thought i'd sign up for a free trial and give it a whirl.

After logging on i chose my favorite airplane from Dogfights, the P-51, and tried to up from a field.  I had auto take-off on and was rolling down the runway when my cat hit my mouse, disabling auto takeoff, and sent me careening into a hanger of some sort. BOOM!

I reupped in a fresh P-51 and tried again. I got airborne this time and tried to ask for help, but all i was told was that my mic sounded crappy and that i should goto the TA (whatever that is).

I sent a typed message on channel 200 asking that no one shoot me down because i was new and trying to learn. Despite my politeness i was told, once again, to goto the TA.  No one would tell me what it was though. While i was typing my response, asking for more help, someone in an airplane shot me down anyway.  I tried to be polite but apparently some people here are rude!

I looked at the map and found a bunch of green dots and went to that field.  When i got there i tried to take off, but before i could start my engine i was killed by someone named Skyrock or some such.  Again, no sense of fair play!  I tried a few more times and was killed a bunch more times by various people.

Again, i tried to ask on channel 200 "please let me fly! I want to learn how this game works!"  Again i was shot down.

Since i wasn't able to fly myself i decided to tag along with someone else.  I selected the top name on the roster and tried to fly along, i was told, not as politely, to go away. I then asked if anyone needed a gunner, hoping that i might get to fly along with a bomber pilot. No help again.

So, in conclusion, %@#$% this!  I'm going back to WoW!

==============================
Folks, this is a shade account for clerick.  It has been banned.  clerick, if you want to stay a member of this community, you will not do this again.
================================
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:13:42 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
Re: My first day
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:51:08 PM »
The path to failure = quit on the first roadblock
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:55:07 PM »
TA = Training Arena.

Go there.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:57:57 PM »
Going to the Main Arena (MA) is not the place to learn this game.  You were given some sound advice.  Go to the training arena (TA) and somebody would be more than willing to help you out.  Quit now and you'll never know what you've missed out on.  

(Then again, If I got shot down by Skyrock on my second sortie, I'd quit too! :D)
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »
NewB this is a community game and lots of folks will do as they please since they too have to pay to play.

TA= Training Arena you can get with some trainers and they will be more then happy to help you out.

i fly almost every night. i am currently doing a tour with the Knights. so if your on look me up and i will be more then happy to help you in any way i can. i usually log on around 7-8pm Alaska time.

quiting a game due to the hard learning curve is not a good things at all that's just saying you would rather give up then learn. those top pilots most score potato and dont need the frustration of a noob to worry about. now if you where a more skilled pilot i am sure they would have let you tag a long. even tho the score potato they still take on big fights and some times it can get to be a 4-5 vs 1 now add a noob pilot to that mix it does not make for a fun time.

Salute i hate WoW so have fun if you dont come back to Aces High
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
There is alot of information in the help files on the website too. Reading can get you a long way towards flying in AH.
Most folks do not have time to assist folks with basics while they are engaged in fighting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)