Author Topic: Memorial Flight  (Read 2498 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Memorial Flight
« on: November 23, 2008, 08:01:27 PM »
Salute gents

a real good man by the name of Gene AKA SWfire passed away the other week and we want to hold a memorial flight in his honor. the only problem i am having is filling positions in tanks and goons. i could use all the help i can to fill these positions. i thank you a head of time for your support.

the time is November 30Th 3pm Alaska time 4 pm west coast time 5 pm mountain time 6 pm central time 7 pm east coast time.

thanks
Joe AKA kilz
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: Memorial Flight
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:31 PM »
what kind of tanks, arena, howd he die (out of curiosity if ya dont mind me asking)  :salute
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »
if anyone should wonder how he died please PM SWrokit as he is the CO of that squadron and it is his choice to let anyone know how SWfire died. sorry but that is not my position to give out.

Tigers is the tanks we will be using
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 05:43:30 AM »
 :salute
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »
Sorry to hear that, prayers sent.

I didn't know him at all, but I live in the UK so won't be able to be at the flight.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Sorry to hear.

Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline 007Rusty

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
C.O. 444TH AIR MAFIA
 WD40 (FS0)

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:22:12 PM »
Salute Kilz, and the 173rd for all the assistance and help in putting this together.

I wasn't going to post about Gene's death in here due to the fact of in the past 7+ years with HTC I wasn't interested in the BS or Bashing that generally follows these kinds of posts as demonstrated in the past.

Gene (SWfire) had only been with HTC since this last May.  SWfire was a Firefighter/Paramedic and we hit it off immediately as there's been more than one occasion a Firefighter has managed to bail my arse out as a cop.  When his widow contacted me and informed me of his passing, she applogized because she knew of his absolute passion for the squad and the game.

The Missing Man Memorial flight is a very small way to let Sue (his wife), and family, know his passion was not without cause.  We plan to film the event from several angles, and present the final edited version to the Knight family.  Anyone that can help make this happen would be grately appreciated.  Those interested please PM Kilz for details.

Salute SWfire, Rest in Peace Brother.

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
those of you that can attend please PM me with your email addy and i will send an email to you with a calender reminder that will automatically be sent to you two days before and 1 hour before the event. thanks for all the help fellas
Former LTARkilz

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 10:21:02 PM »
 :salute SWfire , family,and friends.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 02:30:10 PM »
Friendly Bumb  :D
Former LTARkilz

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline panther8cc

• Zinc Member
      • myspace
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »
Kilz, Swrokit

I am sorry to hear about your loss of Swfire(gene). As a past Firefighter myself, I feel the loss of another brother. So please let Genes wife and family know i will ask my Local Fire Department to fly there flag at half mast on Nov. 30Th in Honor of a Fallen Brother.

I also would like to join you in your Memorial Flight that day to.

signing off
panther8

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 05:27:12 PM »
 :salute RIP

Sign me up for a Tiger, Kilz.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 10:05:21 PM »
Salute Kilz, and the 173rd for all the assistance and help in putting this together.

I wasn't going to post about Gene's death in here due to the fact of in the past 7+ years with HTC I wasn't interested in the BS or Bashing that generally follows these kinds of posts as demonstrated in the past.

Gene (SWfire) had only been with HTC since this last May.  SWfire was a Firefighter/Paramedic and we hit it off immediately as there's been more than one occasion a Firefighter has managed to bail my arse out as a cop.  When his widow contacted me and informed me of his passing, she applogized because she knew of his absolute passion for the squad and the game.

The Missing Man Memorial flight is a very small way to let Sue (his wife), and family, know his passion was not without cause.  We plan to film the event from several angles, and present the final edited version to the Knight family.  Anyone that can help make this happen would be grately appreciated.  Those interested please PM Kilz for details.

Salute SWfire, Rest in Peace Brother.

<S>
Rokit
LoDD? guessing fire? junior member in my towns FD, hit me hard to see that yet another Brother has passed.  :salute to all out there, and a big  :salute and  :pray to his family.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb