Author Topic: The Training Arena URGENT  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
The Training Arena URGENT
« on: December 24, 2008, 04:43:05 PM »
     While I was in the TA today flying with my good friend Morfiend, I decided to do some undercover work just for fun.  But it turns out, I found some very disturbing information.  What was meant to be for "a good laugh" turned out to be a horrible finding.  It goes as follows:

A guy logs into the TA and immediately asks if anyone "needed any training."  I have seen this player around before, and I knew he wasn't a "two week noob;" so I decided to see what he had.  I immediately start acting like I'v been playing for maybe 2 days, and I ask him for help.  He politely said he would assist me and what exactly did I need help with.  I give him the average new guys response of "dogfighting."  He kept rambling on with nothing useful then asked me what plane did I want to learn....Spit 16.  He ups a Spit16 at A23 (the Bombing base at 20k) with 100% fuel, a DT, and 2 rockets.  His first advice was to "fire the rockets in a HO position and you will kill the fighters...if I miss with "missiles" use guns...If I miss yet again...RUN!"  Still no useful "training." 

After that, and still with no useful "dogfighting" training, he tells me to go to A17 (the CV base to the West of A1) and up a fighter with bombs.  Our goal was to bomb the CV, that will make them "send fighters."  This "experienced" pilot augers his beautiful jug into the CV;  to no prevail, yet again, no useful dogfighting information.

I decided to give the guy one last chance.  I complain about how I have learned nothing and he finally says we'll dogfight to see what he can help me with.  So I up the faithful Spit16 like a new guy would, and what does he up???  A 262.  Now how in the world will you teach a new guy how to dogfight in a 262.  But anyway, I upped and followed him and sprayed all my ammo at him.  Once again I complain; he begs for one more fight.  What does he up this time??? Ar234s, which he nose dives into the water.

Ladies and gentlemen, this disturbing sight made me feel horrible.  The fact that there are people out there who say they're "trainers" and can "offer assistance" that teach these new guys bad habits.  Now, we know it's been going on for years, but this wasn't a player who has been playing for a month or two that thinks they know all about AH (which you see in the TA sometimes).  This was a player that has been playing for a while.  I thought this needed to be brought to everyone's attention.  The "noobs" we complain about everyday usually get their start in the TA where so called expereinced "trainers" offer their assistance, which actually ruins their fighting capabilities. 

So, to the new guys out there.  when you make your way to the Training Arena, look at the roster for actual AH Trainers or anyone from the 332nd (who can be found in there very frequently).  I guarantee you there will be someone in there that could assist you (not necesarilly in those two groups) that can help you.  Watch out for the Trainer "imposters."

#S#  Banshee7

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
Re: The Training Arena URGENT
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »
Thats a bit scary
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »
SkyRock is going to be so pissed to see you called his training poor. Jeez.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »
Wow...
I hope you've forwarded his GameID to the trainers so they can ban him from the TA.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Wax

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
 :rofl I think we all need a name :devil maybe he was pulling on your .... well u know
Army of Muppets
 Make this real...the only muppet I have any respect for is Fester. Rest of you muppets can swab my sweat. Trikky

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »
Wow...
I hope you've forwarded his GameID to the trainers so they can ban him from the TA.

way ahead of ya...Snailman has his name  :)
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 05:23:18 PM »
Maybe the 'Right Stuff' trainers got tired after all this years.

Maybe You should finally learn to say a 'Good Job!' for the people, who are working fo the common good. A PM message on arena, give a what ever feedback on the closed forums or even give a public recognition for the 'Right Stuff' out there.

Who knows, maybe the RV8 is not actually leading this firm anymore.

Maybe...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
Maybe the 'Right Stuff' trainers got tired after all this years.

Maybe You should finally learn to say a 'Good Job!' for the people, who are working fo the common good. A PM message on arena, give a what ever feedback on the closed forums or even give a public recognition for the 'Right Stuff' out there.

Who knows, maybe the RV8 is not actually leading this firm anymore.

Maybe...

Please, continue passing the bong.   You've had your share and his share. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 06:03:46 PM »
It is a time to get this 'official myth' off finally

The CM task can be a slavery for the unselfish and enhusiastic people. What did the Kanttori and Blauk got from their innovative terrain development job for the FinRus, Karelia and  others? Next to nothing concerning the HTC costs!

BTW
I was holding a Terrain CM  member a status for some time, but I personally was calling it off. Wanna know why in public?

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »
Please, continue passing the bong.   You've had your share and his share. 

Yeah, WHAT?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 06:39:11 PM »
It is a time to get this 'official myth' off finally

The CM task can be a slavery for the unselfish and enhusiastic people. What did the Kanttori and Blauk got from their innovative terrain development job for the FinRus, Karelia and  others? Next to nothing concerning the HTC costs!

BTW
I was holding a Terrain CM  member a status for some time, but I personally was calling it off. Wanna know why in public?

Speaking as a former CM, the public forums are not the place to be airing out dirty laundry.

All I can do is speak for myself, and IMHO yes, the CM's have a pretty thankless job that can really suck the fun of this game out of you.

BUT if you join the CM team to get yer back slapped and 'atta boys', you joined for the WRONG reason.  I am pretty darn sure Kanttori and Blauk did not make the wonderfull terrains that they made because they expected "something" from HTC.  They were giving us all some wonderfull maps, and untold hours of playing enjoyment for the community.

I once tried to join the AH Trainer Corps.  Looking back I am glad that I was never extended the offer.  Ghosth had me hang out in the TA for a few months helping out anyway I could.  I now know I didn't have the patients for that job.  (and at the time, Ghosth probably knew that as well)

I have no idea how Murdr et. all deal with it day in and day out, but I DO know I couldn't have dealt with it (long term).  Those couple months I spent an hour a day "helping" was a learning experience for me, and a gave me a glimpse of just how difficult a job our Trainer Corps have.  It also showed me that they are made of better "stuff" than I.

Kudos to you Aces High Trainer Corps.
<S>

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:46:43 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 07:08:27 PM »
If gutless cheeps are so happy with current situation, well, no doubt the situation is what it is...

Do you really think the HTC will call off the guy after the 100hours+ per week? Take from here my sure "Sure".

Back then I was shocked, when I realized how terrain team was suffering with fundamental terrain designing questions, while our all bright boss was just giving a one-liners on public forums left and right.  Our work and terrain developing questions were not a worth for the single answer during all those months?  WTF?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
If gutless cheeps are so happy with current situation, well, no doubt the situation is what it is...

Do you really think the HTC will call off the guy after the 100hours+ per week? Take from here my sure "Sure".

Back then I was shocked, when I realized how terrain team was suffering with fundamental terrain designing questions, while our all bright boss was just giving a one-liners on public forums left and right.  Our work and terrain developing questions were not a worth for the single answer during all those months?  WTF?

I had many a week where I logged 40+ hours on Special Events during my CM tenure.

I don't recall once anyone from HTC dropping me a line saying "thanks".

I was 100% ok with it too.

If THAT is what you were after you probably shouldn't have been doing it in the first place.

The CM's volunteer their time for the love of the game and the community.  I was told from day one when I joined the CM team that if being a CM starts to become a "job" to you, you probably need to quit doing it.

(and FYI I read the CM terrain forum quite a bit.  Skuzzy was very active on it)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

I think you have personal issues that are creating an obviously spiteful attitude. I've never been part of the CM team but I was a member of the original training cadre here. If you go into something like that for any external recognition or "ataboys" then you were a poor choice for the task at hand. The current training cadre is exceptional and does a wonderful job. There are also a large number of seasoned vets who spend some time in the TA and offer outstanding instruction as well. While I'm sure that a few bad apples detract from the overall quality I'd hate to see all those who lend time and effort tarred by a broad brush...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline MD13

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 07:37:17 PM »
Greetings gents.. I'm a bit of a newbie ( only a month or so in ) and I am enjoying the game
and doing my best interpretation of a sponge, soaking-up everything I can via websites,
the TA, and my squaddies..

I hate to re-hijack Banshee7's thread here but I was in the TA when this went down today
and just have three quick comments..

1. Banshee7... you had me scratching my head !..LOL... I was watching the text fly and thinking
    What the .. ?  I know Banshee7 isn't a noob like me... took me a bit to figure out things..lol..

2. I witnessed and support every single thing Banshee7 states here. Again, I haven't been around long
    but long enough to know this guy did advertise training and either was totally clueless or trying to
   totally mislead someone new to AH. In fact I am so eager for all the training I can get, I actually
   bit when this guy offered, but Banshee7 beat me to him.. Thank Goodness !!!

3. Again speaking as a noob, I just want to state that the training and advice offered in the TA as
    well as in the other arenas is GREATLY, HUGELY appreciated. Those that remember when they where new
    and offer thier time and assistance to help folks like me is a huge compliment to them and I look
    forward to be able to pass my knowledge down to others in the future as well. ( far future..lol.. )

Thanks for what you guys ( and gals ? ) do and for the real reasons you do it ... <S>

Merry Christmas to all and..

Cya on my six... lol....  MD13