Author Topic: DA?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: DA?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Should be ok now.

:frown: Thats to bad.  I enjoyed seeing all those DA only furballers in the main. It gave them a reason to try it and any skills they've learned while flying in the DA could have been expanded on. I think if it could have kept up for a few more days the DA guys could have learned even more and may have wanted to make a switch. It also could have been the start of a new DA bringing it back to the days of old.

Many in the DA can not compete in the MA's

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 11:36:40 AM »

:frown: Thats to bad.  I enjoyed seeing all those DA only furballers in the main. It gave them a reason to try it and any skills they've learned while flying in the DA could have been expanded on. I think if it could have kept up for a few more days the DA guys could have learned even more and may have wanted to make a switch. It also could have been the start of a new DA bringing it back to the days of old.

meh...

1. I agree this game has more to offer than an endless furball, like, for example, endless landgrab.  :aok

2. People play in the DA for various reasons from personal to technical. Same for any arena, no?   :aok

3. The old DA never went away. Nothing stops people from using the paired bases for 1 v 1 or just a more "respectful" free for all area (which has and is being done). The only difference is killshooter is on.  :aok

4. Many more in the MA's can't compete in the MA's.  :aok   (nor in the DA's FurBlake.   :aok )

:noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »
You're spinning it. Not much but still spin.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
Beat me to that punch brother!

Here's my chance..

WHO WANTS TO DA?

heh, heh, heh, couldn't,t resist.   :D

Fred
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »

OMG  :rofl  This is coming from an A8?  :rofl  What have you guys learned in the MA so far?  How to fly in packs, pad scores, and die way too fast?    :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
I don't think he's an a8 anymore. In any case Tools actually tries.

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »

Why is it that the MAers think they have to "convert" the DAers.  Some of us like flying and shooting down other planes without all the encumberances of ENY, taking bases, bombers, losing fields, radar out, etc.  We had what we wanted in 8 player and now we have to make do in the DA.  HT's decision to close 8 player has resulted in the furball area of the DA becoming what it has become.  It works for now.  We furballers pay our money and thus have paid for the use of the arenas available to us.  Everyone who enjoys this game enjoys some aspect of it more than others...some are tank guys, some like bombers, some are great at ground flak.  They can each play the type and style of play they like here and pay for the priveledge.  The DA was running correctly last night and guess what?  There were about 60-70 guys in there (most of them at furball lake) playing the style of game they like to pay to play.  Some of they guys from my squad left from the DA and went to MA but were back in a few minutes because the MA was resetting after a war and they didn't want the hassle.

Oh, and I find there are a lot of MAers who cannot compete in the DA...that doesn't make them inferior in any way, it just means they don't like or can't handle that style of play. <S> to them... I know the feeling.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 07:34:47 AM »
I haven't flown much for several months now, but i spent a couple of hours in the DA to freshen up my ACM and gunnery.  From my experience the overall skill level in the DA was noticebly lower than the MA, it was so poor it made me want to go to the TA to help people.

"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »
Ten of you jump on one guy and then move on to the next one.
There's no challenge.
No skill involved.
And definitely no sense of fair play.

The MA horde squads are just as pathetic. It's only more concentrated in the furball area because it's a smaller arena.
When more people start honoring better fights and game play, the furball area will be great.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 05:57:20 PM »
I agree with Replys: 16, 22 & 23........ looks like reply #23 is replying to Reply#21..yes Thias thats about how it goes...
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »
I agree with Replys: 16, 22 & 23........ looks like reply #23 is replying to Reply#21..yes Thias thats about how it goes...

wonder who's gonna be able to figure out what reply #16 was.   :D
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 08:57:56 PM »
Ten of you jump on one guy and then move on to the next one.
There's no challenge.
No skill involved.
And definitely no sense of fair play.

The MA horde squads are just as pathetic. It's only more concentrated in the furball area because it's a smaller arena.
When more people start honoring better fights and game play, the furball area will be great.

Get real guy, there is and never was fair play in war or the MA...in the furball or MA, I expect HOs, picks and ganging...I've been there and experience it.  None of it bothers me.  All the whining about it DOES bother me.  Grow up.  The MA is NOT better than anywhere else...you just have to fly longer to get to it.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »
Yeah ok buddy. Because you never saw something from under your rock, it doesnt exist.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »
Get real guy, there is and never was fair play in war or the MA...in the furball or MA, I expect HOs, picks and ganging...I've been there and experience it.  None of it bothers me.  All the whining about it DOES bother me.  Grow up.  The MA is NOT better than anywhere else...you just have to fly longer to get to it.

So if you are OK with how you play, quit trying to defend it.  As most discussions here prove.  No one is going to convince anyone of anything.   The MA guys apparently don't think much of you guys who run your squads in the DA.  You clearly don't think much of the MA guys.  Your argument is the MA guys don't fly the DA so how would they know.  Well you don't fly the MA so how would you know?

See how this works? :)

You want folks to grow up.  Well start the new year with applying your own advice.  It's your dime. Who cares what anyone else thinks?  Go have fun and quit justifying it. :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
So if you are OK with how you play, quit trying to defend it.  As most discussions here prove.  No one is going to convince anyone of anything.   The MA guys apparently don't think much of you guys who run your squads in the DA.  You clearly don't think much of the MA guys.  Your argument is the MA guys don't fly the DA so how would they know.  Well you don't fly the MA so how would you know?

See how this works? :)

You want folks to grow up.  Well start the new year with applying your own advice.  It's your dime. Who cares what anyone else thinks?  Go have fun and quit justifying it. :aok

well since I fly in MW/LW/AVA/DA... my opinion should pwn!!   Oh.. my opinion? You all suck.   :lol

:noid