Author Topic: 457th BG Now Recruiting!!!  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
457th BG Now Recruiting!!!
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
History

In WW2, this Bomb Group was short-lived. Founded in 1944, it was created for strategic bombing in Germany. The 457th participated in high altitude sorties and is responsible for destroying key factories and refineries in Germany. They were well-known for their silver B-17s. They did not apply paint on their bombers, as it decreased drag and weight, and increased aerodynamics. The 457th BG were also one of the fastest flying B-17 bomb groups of WW2. The group was deactivated in 1945.

In 2001, the 457th "Air Expeditionary Group" was reactivated and are currently flying the B-52H Stratofortress. They are participating in the War on Terror.

In Aces High

This squad consists of pilots that like to work together. We currently fly for the Rooks. The squad vox is channel 128. The squad primarily flies in the Late War Main Arenas. We are currently under developement, as this is a prototype bomb squadron. The 457th BG is designed to do joint operations with the 100th BG "Bloody Hundredth". The squad is young, but is coming along very nicely.

Operation

We specialize in "strategic bombing". Our squad crate is the B-17G. We usually set our target altitude above 20K feet. We hit such targets as cities, refineries, and bases. Most of our sorties range from 200 miles to 400 miles in a single flight. The 457th BG operates on a democratic system. This means that the voice of the squad determines the 457th's next move. We are not limited to bombing, however... we fly all planes and drive all vehicles.

Trademark

You may have seen us in the arenas from time to time. We are recognized by our "AE" squad tags in our GameID. The "AE" stands for Air Expeditionary. If you have been flying for the Knights or Bishops, you may have also seen a cloud of silver B-17s dropping bombs on your head!

Prospective Members

As of right now, we are recruiting! For more details, please visit our website at:
http://457thbombardmentgroup.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: 457th BG Now Recruiting!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
PS: We also use TeamSpeak. It is an application much like Ventrilo, or MSN. Anytime you see us on, you can bet your butt we are on TS. Dont know what TS is? Go to www.teamspeak.com and check it out.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 12:37:34 PM »
Class act squadron the 457th are  :salute
Look to see you boys in those bombers quite soon. My Wurger is outta commission, getting serviced.  :P

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
I'm not a fighter pilot, that's for sure.  :D

I have a couple of questions though:

How old do you have to be?
Do you order players as if they are dogs?
Does this squad have FSO?
Does it require that you have to be at every event?

If this is:
13+
NO
Time to Time
NO

Then i'd like to join.  :)

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:25:25 PM »
Forget it, i changed my mind.

-FYB

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
FYB,

We do not have an age limit in order to join. All we ask is that you are mature, and are willing to participate in squad operations. We are a pretty laid back squad. Our squad nights are Fridays 7pm-11pm eastern time. We dont expect everyone to attend squad night, as some of us are working and going to college. Real life comes first. Aces High comes next!  :D

Also, we try to make our sorties as realistic as possible. We do formation flying and strategic bombing. Our operational altitude for our bomb runs exceed 20k feet. As I am the CO, I never treat anyone like dogs. I always let the squad decide what they want to do.

If you have any more questions, please contact me whenever you can!

Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 01:01:53 PM »
FYB,

We do not have an age limit in order to join. All we ask is that you are mature, and are willing to participate in squad operations. We are a pretty laid back squad. Our squad nights are Fridays 7pm-11pm eastern time. We dont expect everyone to attend squad night, as some of us are working and going to college. Real life comes first. Aces High comes next!  :D

Also, we try to make our sorties as realistic as possible. We do formation flying and strategic bombing. Our operational altitude for our bomb runs exceed 20k feet. As I am the CO, I never treat anyone like dogs. I always let the squad decide what they want to do.

If you have any more questions, please contact me whenever you can!

THEN COUNT ME IN!  :D

-FYB

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »
Check PMs FYB.  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 10:01:41 AM »
The 457th now welcomes AEBomber and AETen60 to the crew!  :salute
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »
I snapped this photo two weeks ago during an airshow at Luke AFB AZ.

Did you know that this particular tail number never saw combat during WWII? It was assigned to the pacific AOR but was never used in a raid. It was used for fighting forest fires, dropping relief supplies and a few other jobs before it was made a hanger queen at Davis-Monthan AFB. it was then donated to the Commemorative AF and fly's about 80 barn storming shows a year along side it's many airshows in North America and Canada.

I got to watch this beast take the pattern, airfield fly-by, land, taxi and engine shut down. I also got to watch the servicing of this bird. Was an amazing site!  :rock

Cheers,
Ciaphas

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:37:40 AM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »
Good Group of Guys.  :aok
Strokes

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 01:16:57 AM »

L to R (1) BENNY J. BIGLEY 1ST LT (2) JAMES W. FORD CPL. APMG (3) FLOYD N. HENDERSON CPL. AG (4) LEO LAWLER CPL. CG (5) THOMAS E. BRINES 2ND LT (6) CHARLES P. KIETH F/O (7) RUDOLFH G. WARNER III F/O (seated) (8) ROBERT E. HALL CPL. CG (9) DELBERT S. SCHAWB CPL. ROMG and B-17G "THE WILD HARE" 457th Bomb Group, 8th Air Force, Glatton, England.

You see silver in the sky,
We see ants on the ground,
You look twice and now there's a ton of green things,
We look down again and see our green bombs,
Going boom in your face.

Poetry by,
FYB

-FYB

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »
Haha! I love that poem... Thats an instant classic.  :rofl
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 10:07:21 AM »
I snapped this photo two weeks ago during an airshow at Luke AFB AZ.

Did you know that this particular tail number never saw combat during WWII? It was assigned to the pacific AOR but was never used in a raid. It was used for fighting forest fires, dropping relief supplies and a few other jobs before it was made a hanger queen at Davis-Monthan AFB. it was then donated to the Commemorative AF and fly's about 80 barn storming shows a year along side it's many airshows in North America and Canada.

I got to watch this beast take the pattern, airfield fly-by, land, taxi and engine shut down. I also got to watch the servicing of this bird. Was an amazing site!  :rock

Cheers,
Ciaphas

Hey thanks for the picture! And yes, I have done some research on the Sentimental Journey. Too bad it never flew in combat, but its a beautiful plane nonetheless. I wouldnt mind seeing that plane in Aces High sometime. I hope the HTC staff wouldnt mind having that plane skin in the game.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies