Author Topic: Jes Wonderin  (Read 286 times)

Offline Trasheater

• Zinc Member
Jes Wonderin
« on: December 08, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
ya know I see everyone whining about all the planes they'd love to see... mostly another variant of some fighter. I've rought it up once or twice an a few people said... *grunt* yeah that'd be cool *grunt* and ythat's about it...
I know it' yet another American bird... but how about someday in the future... a PBY Catalina. Yeah sure throw in whatever other flying boat from another country... I'd just love to see this bird. I was trying to even convince the wife to name our forthcoming daughter Catalina. I lost. Instead we're going with Layla... which is a pretty cool name too I think. Questions? Comments? A yea or nay from the decision makin folks? Something!
*steps down from soap box*

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Jes Wonderin
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
What the hell does asking for a particular aircraft have to do with whining? lol  

Tumor

Catalina would be cool too *grunt*

[ 12-08-2001: Message edited by: Tumor ]
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Jes Wonderin
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2001, 02:38:00 PM »
S!

Apparently it takes a lot more work to come up with a bomber than a fighter.  Like 4 times.

However I think eventually we will get a seaplane in AH.  Whether it is the Catalina remains to be seen.  There will likely only be one, and the 'Emily' Japanese Seaplane is an excellent aircraft too.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Jes Wonderin
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2001, 06:49:00 PM »
I agree that the PBY Catalina is a great looking aircraft and it is my favorite flying boat, truth be told.

The problem is the the plain looking H8K2 Emily out performs it by such a staggering margin.  The PBY Catalina would be a worse death trap than the Ju88A-4 in AH, whereas the H8K2 Emily would be quite serviceable, if light of payload.

BTW, your daughter got lucky.  ;)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-