Author Topic: Film of Rolex's Bombing Clinic  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Film of Rolex's Bombing Clinic
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/files/ghosth/Rolexbomb.ahf

This goes into detail for Manual bomb method used in FSO, Ava, also for dealing with crosswind.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Film of Rolex's Bombing Clinic
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »
Thank You for posting the Film, Ghosth...... I hate I missed it.........  :furious
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:47 AM »
No sweat TC, we had it covered.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
thanks for the post,I have found that my bombsight is off by a few miles an hour  when I calibrate my bombs were dropping short so I went into the training room and did some testing I find that every plane's bombsight is off by a few miles an hour in example when I fly a b-24 say i calibrate at 200 mph I find my E6B speed must be 204 to bomb accuratly. anybody else have this issue?

Offline Ghosth

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
Check your calibration in the Training Room so you can use the CCIP cross to check your calibration.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
thats what I am saying,in the training room the green cross is always off from the bombsight,when I use the numbers I came up with some extensive testing my bombing is more accurate

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:23:27 AM »
thats what I am saying,in the training room the green cross is always off from the bombsight,when I use the numbers I came up with some extensive testing my bombing is more accurate

that could happen for a number of reasons... some examples

- you are calibrating before opening the bomb bay doors

- you quickly open the bomb bay doors and calibrate, not letting your speed stabilize after you have opened the doors before calibrating

- throttle spiking causing calibration to be of by a few mph

or some other possibility.....

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
I open my doors and have my speed constant before the radar ring.
I tested every bomber in the training room at diff speeds and everyone of them the green crosshair was off from the bombsight,the length of calibration time did not seam to make a bit of difference
the b-17 was most accurate...I have not yet taken the hour and 20 some odd minutes to watch the rolex film I did skim thru it some.this is what I did in the training room.I rolled a B-17 from the 20k airfield calibrated then brought up my E6b and the green crosshair was lagging my bombsight,so I increased my speed until the greencrosshair and my bombsight matched perfectly and held that speed. I calibrated at diff speeds and at diff alts with the same result everytime,so I made a chart of all the level bombers and found most of them were in the plus 2 to plus 4 mph range could this be my connection,Dell gerbils gettin tired or am I an IDIOT??
 ..hmmmm maybe take the throttle off my joystick and use the KB this would tell me if i am having throttle spikes

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
where did your bombs hit? Where the lead computing site was or where your cross-hairs were at calibration.

Also in the Rolex film he explains how to use the manual bombsite. This is a good film on bombing with some really good tips.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57:07 AM »
they always landed where the green crosshairs are.let me start at the beginning when I came here from FA it only took about a month and I realized I would never be a good fighter jock so I started bombing.the first half a dozen runs or so sucked as I was dropping from the calibration screen.DOH! :bhead then I figured out how to do the "easy" calibration method and for a few weeks everything was pretty good I hit most of the town centers that I aimed for,yes I said town centers lol as a newb i thought killin 2 dozen buildings was a good thing.then my bombs started falling short and so did my squaddie tuck his bombs started fallin short most of the time. so I learned about calibrating correctly I thought,by opening doors early and using throttles to stabilize speed,still I was dropping just a few feet short.I was cruising the forums one day a few days after the b-29 scare of 2011 :t and found a post about the bombsight being off and someone had posted pics of the green crosshair in the training room during calibration and how it was off in the B-29.so I went into the training room and started testing various bombers at various altituded and fuel loadouts, bomb load etc etc
hell I took Fess up on his first bombrun last night and with the numbers I came up with he bombed very well.so my question to any and all bomber pilots does anybody else have these issues or am I weird??

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »
There are many variables that come into factor everything must be perfect to hit precise. It's not only speed it's ALT and if that's not enough you have the the climb. The climb being the most important to watch when first calibrating in my opinion. You have to make sure the climb is stable at 1 or -1 to get a true calibration. When the climb is changing your ALT is also changing so you think you are calibrated right but your alt might be a little off and still changing then through in the factor of speed and this can make a big difference where your bombs hit. So make sure your climb is stable then your speed and your bombs will be really close if not on target.

hope this helps and look me up bern I'll give you a hand.
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks