Poll

What do you think a wabbit should have to do to get invited to TOC?

Make it so you have to be a wabbit once to earn an invitation, no change.
24 (38.7%)
Make it so you have to be a wabbit twice to earn an invitation.
17 (27.4%)
Make it so you have to be a wabbit three times to earn an invitation.
21 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: POLL: TOC invitations for wabbits  (Read 8093 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
POLL: TOC invitations for wabbits
« on: January 27, 2010, 01:23:09 PM »
As it stands now there is not much difference between a TOC invitation for a winner opposed to a wabbit. We were thinking of making the wabbit invitations slightly harder to earn and want KOTHers opinions on the subject.
Please select a choice from the following poll:
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: POLL: TOC invitations for wabbits
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:43:05 PM »
The only problem with this is, but I don't think it made much of a diffrence this year, is the fact that it will be a much smaller crowed than what we normally see. I personally don't care as to the size of it because the cream will rise to the top, and you will get some amazing fights in TOC, which really, it should be. It's just the opion, would you rather have a longer TOC, or make it a fast showful TOC.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
I voted for no change because of this years TOC,  whilst the list looked tough not enough players showed up.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:17:19 PM »
Both Bosco and Bruv make great points.

This was a completely pointless poll in my honest opinion.

If a person can achieve rabbit status in a KoTH event once, then I'm pretty sure they will have the ability to do it more than once. It would be a complete waste of the players time in that respect.

If wrabbits were not allowed in ToC, then this years ToC would have been a battle between myself and Bruv as none of the other KoTH winners showed up. How exciting!?!

You need to give players a reason to want to attend ToC because this years turnout was pathetic. A whole years free subscription is a good place to start.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:54:16 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »
Thanks for the Poll.......... it is true being a wabbit & winning a KOTH holds the same purpose........ is like a slap to the face of the person who wins the KOTH to see many many many wabbits get in with only have earned one wabbit status.......

I am ashamed to even of had an invitation because I earned a wabbit status ........
I did not deserve an invite truth be told...not by just winning a wabbit status one time.......

if earning a wabbit status 1 time gets you in the KOTH TOC, then so be it..... but to me it would be more justifyed if to earn a TOC invite without having won a KOTH event from the 24 KOTH events held through out the year....one would have to earn 3 wabbit status's to qualify........

I also propose to go even further and offer the Top 10 Pilots in the Total Kills bracket that have earned at least (1) Round if not (1) Wabbit Status ( 2 Rounds Won ) also earn an invite....... who other wise would not make it any other way.......

One can not go by the Turnout of this past KOTH TOC attendance....... The whole world had a bad year / year and a half....... things are looking better all the time.......  if you was to adverage the turnout over every KOTH TOC from Aces High's past TOC events........ you would find this last TOC was a fluke........ nothing more nothing less.......

earning an Invite to the TOC should be special........ everyone person who participates in KOTH should fly with the atitude to be the only one left standing, for every single KOTH...and should keep coming back to keep the TOC list as short as possible anyways........ if you going to make it then you should earn it...... and not by just (1) Wabbit status, which is the same thing the guy who one the KOTH event acquired "An Invitation To the KOTH TOC"

bring some meaning to this event......... be King Of The Hill, and strive to REMAIN King Of The Hill!!!!

I vote (3) Wabbit Status Earned for TOC invite  :aok

If wrabbits were not allowed in ToC, then this years ToC would have been a battle between myself and Bruv as none of the other KoTH winners showed up.

I disagree with this, the wabbits that showed some had earned multiple wabbit status.........

Also, Me calling this years TOC a fluke, is not to take anything away from the TOC Champ, who fought hard and earned his title rightfully so..........the fluke part is only pointed toward the Attendance which yes, was a freak fluke for this event.....
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:07:34 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:46:51 PM »
I think it should take 3 wabbit wins to get to the TOC. Most people that showed up to the TOC had more than 1 wabbit win.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
KoTH winner gets 1 month free sub and is invited to ToC. Wrabbit is invited.

GG.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 02:52:16 PM »
I think it should take 3 wabbit wins to get to the TOC. Most people that showed up to the TOC had more than 1 wabbit win.

You do realise that you just proved my point which was stated in my first post, right?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 03:22:07 PM »
A full year subscription to Aces High will never happen. The amount I receive as reimbursement for the plaque currently does not even cover the plaque and shipping to the winner.

I agree with TC in principal and think wabbits should have to do more to earn an invitation. My ideal number was three but I didn't want to thin the crowd too much and voted for two. Of course any change would most likely eliminate me from earning an invitation and secure my future as TOC host.

I think the biggest factor in attendance is the date and time. Any day we set for the TOC will not be good for a number of people and therefore limit attendance.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:26:36 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
While I understand the side of the argument where you want TOC to have more pilots, I think quality is more important.  I'm sure there were a couple pilots statistically speaking that were able to get into TOC this year by just blind luck in a koth event.  Picking and flying timid and all the cards falling into place to get them wabbit status.  This player will not have a prayer in TOC anyways and will have to fly even more timid to stay alive.  Not good for the event.

One problem I could see stemming from it though is if an ace flew every single KOTH and demolished the competition where no one was ever able to achieve KOTH status.  It would be that much more difficult to put up two wins in this type of competition, two/three times.  TJ was doing this last season (albeit not on purpose, just having fun) but had he continued his massacre through the full year AND a new wabbit rule was in effect, I don't think many pilots would make it into TOC.

All that being said, I think TOC is exactly what it is defined as, Tournament of Champions, and invitations should be held for those deserving.  If that's 10 guys, that's fine.  Better fights, less ganging, lets see who's best.  I say 2 wabbits = TOC invite.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:39:45 PM by grizz441 »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 03:45:45 PM »
If a person can achieve rabbit status in a KoTH event once, then I'm pretty sure they will have the ability to do it more than once.

I would disagree with this.  Think of a statistical curve with % chance of winning a round versus skill ability.  There are always going to be some pilots every year that sneak into TOC because they were, with lack of better word, lucky.  For lightning to strike twice though, that's at least twice as statistically unlikely and will weed out a couple pilots who probably don't have any business being in TOC in the first place if skill is any indication on who should be flying there.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:47:33 PM by grizz441 »

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »
Hey guys,

Winning a round or 2 shouldnt get u a invite to ToC. You should have to win KoTH to be invited. But
If you want to get more involved to fight in ToC, Then  have KoTH winners get auto invite, and round
winners get invited to ToC last chance fights. Could have a week or 2 of Wabbit fights. Winners of the
Wabbit fights get a invite TOC. Give a meaning to wabbit titles but not same status as KoTH winners.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
Hey guys,

Winning a round or 2 shouldnt get u a invite to ToC. You should have to win KoTH to be invited. But
If you want to get more involved to fight in ToC, Then  have KoTH winners get auto invite, and round
winners get invited to ToC last chance fights. Could have a week or 2 of Wabbit fights. Winners of the
Wabbit fights get a invite TOC. Give a meaning to wabbit titles but not same status as KoTH winners.
I agree with this completely....... although I am sure it would never happen, whels  :(

your example / thoughts upholds the TRUE MEANING of "King of the Hill"  ........ maybe for the start of the 2011 KOTH year this could be looked at......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 04:43:35 PM »
you all have very good views of it but I'm not going to get into this   :D Voted for the First
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »
Maybe a wabbit round before the TOC where the last 4 or 5, left standing, get to move on to the TOC?  Just a thought.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com