Author Topic: Offline Soft Ack and wirble Practice  (Read 836 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Offline Soft Ack and wirble Practice
« on: January 29, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
It would be nice to have cons straff run the airfeilds in single direction low altitiude runs to make offline practice with the soft ack or a wirble more realistic. I'm not sure you can use the offline missions to program this. Possibly have one plane from the four offline cons drop out of the circle and run down the center of the runway and climb back up into formation during each full circling rotation over the feild. It would add a bit of dimension for offline air to air gunnery practice.

It would be nice if a menu became available to change out which four planes will circle the feild.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Offline Soft Ack and wirble Practice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
 :aok

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »
It would be nice to have cons straff run the airfeilds in single direction low altitiude runs to make offline practice with the soft ack or a wirble more realistic. I'm not sure you can use the offline missions to program this. Possibly have one plane from the four offline cons drop out of the circle and run down the center of the runway and climb back up into formation during each full circling rotation over the feild. It would add a bit of dimension for offline air to air gunnery practice.

It would be nice if a menu became available to change out which four planes will circle the feild.
Well The Wirble probably wont hit the circling aircraft but the soft gun most certainly will. Practice with that because if you can hit a moving objest at that height & speed when they come in close I think you would have little trouble after you high alt targeting practice. Plus I like your idea of picking a choice of plane options over the field offline. :aok
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:59:08 PM by lyric1 »

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
You might ask some of the people in the Offline Missions forum if this is a possibility. My assumption is that you can use the Soft Field gun as your "plane" then enemy planes overfly the field in a manner you described.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
 :aok :devil
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:41:59 PM »

Tell me about it, that would be cool. :aok :banana:

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »
+1
-AoM-

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:41:08 AM »
 :aok  :aok
mobilis in mobile

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 07:04:08 PM »
Ok I just got a response back in the Offline Mission forum and at this time it is not possible to setup this scenario with the offline mission editor.

So my wish is either a change to the offline practice function as in my primary request of this thread or a change in the mission editor to allow picking a soft ack or a wirble instead of an aircraft to practice base defence from the ground. I suppose the ability to make the attacking aircraft circle the field and continuously fly down the runway at less then 1000ft in a rinse and repeat function is not available in the offline mission action control menu. But then I can wish for it here in this Forum...... :aok

It would still be nice to have a menu to change out the four aircraft circling the field. Adding a dive to the deck, run down the runway and climb back into formation would give the completely new palyer to Aces High a bit more of the physical situations that we shoot at in the MA. Slow left hand turns are nice, but only the very new player to Aces High ever gives anyone that guns solution in the MA. It does take a while before the new player moves into offline missons away from the default offline practice cons. Until that time, the new player with very littel experience knows that those 4 circling cons in offline mode work perfictly for thier given function as opposed to some of the unique things reported by players in getting offline missions to run.

Offline gunnery practice is integral to learning this game. It will not replace the Trainers, TA, DA, or time spent in the MA. But, by increasing the presentation of static repititious situations to practice gunnery solutions, you increase the possiblity of newer players gun solution success rates. This is still a buisiness and customers spend money when they are happy. Not when they are frustrated because they can't hit anything online.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.