Author Topic: Perking Spit 16  (Read 10594 times)

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
Perking Spit 16
« on: February 17, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
Spit 16 is the dweebiest plane in the game and needs to be perked badly. This plane is way to manuverable, can climb like nothing, and obviously can never stall out. Spit 16 needs to be perked double the amount of the spit 14. I'm really not to sure why the 14 is perked, even though it can't even manuver as good as the 16.(Anyone who responds to this and flys spit 16, learn something else to fly.)

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
Re: Perking Spit 16
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 07:51:44 PM »
I like the idea, but I think you could of worded it a little better, I don't think you know what you just started....  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
Subject has been brought up before........but your right +1
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »
Learn to fight your fight not the 16s.  Its easy to kill like any other plane when you use
you plane correctly.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:15:09 PM »
No such thing as a dweeb plane :old:

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »
The 14 is a monster, the 16 is a minor annoyance. 
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »
agreed. 14 a freak of nature. 16 just an undead zombie vampire... although the 14 got a bad flatspin. and i agree that the 16 with a good pilot is a death machine
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »

agreed. 14 a freak of nature. 16 just an undead zombie vampire... although the 14 got a bad flatspin. and i agree that the 16 with a good pilot is a death machine

:aok :aok :aok

P.S. read my sig
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
Hey Thrash, maybe its just that you suck so much that you cannot defeat Spitfires  :neener:

Spitfires with good pilots are the equivalent of the Grim Reaper. You just need to learn their habits and fight accordingly. The Spit 16 should not be perked for the same reason the P-38 J and the ME-109 aren't, because while they may be good. It takes a pro to get the most from them.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
Spit 16 is the dweebiest plane in the game and needs to be perked badly. This plane is way to manuverable, can climb like nothing, and obviously can never stall out. Spit 16 needs to be perked double the amount of the spit 14. I'm really not to sure why the 14 is perked, even though it can't even manuver as good as the 16.(Anyone who responds to this and flys spit 16, learn something else to fly.)

Translation:  I'm not very good at this game and get shot down by players flying the Spitfire Mk XVI a lot.  Since I do not possess the skill necessary to properly fight and win an engagement against said Spitfire, I wish it to be perked so I wouldn't get shot down as much.  I'll post this as a wish to mask the true intent of my post and use gross exaggerations that will hopefully convince others like me to support my wish to perk a plane that really doesn't need to be perked at all.  

Pretty much sums up your reasons to have it perked.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:56:39 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
Translation:  I'm not very good at this game and get shot down by players flying the Spitfire Mk XVI a lot.  Since I do not possess the skill necessary to properly fight and win an engagement against said Spitfire, I wish it to be perked so I wouldn't get shot down as much.  I'll post this as a wish to mask the true intent of my post and use gross exaggerations that will hopefully convince others like me will support my wish to perk a plane that really doesn't need to be perked at all.  

Pretty much sums up your reasons to have it perked.

ack-ack
hahaha you nailed it on the head. but the spit16 is borderline perkable still nonetheless even if you love killing them... usually when i kill a spit 16 is when im in a zeke and even then they get me if they got alt.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:26 PM »
The Spit 16e is a clipped wing Spit IXe with an American made Packard Merlin 266 instead of the Rolls Royce made Merlin 66.  Exactly the same bird.  Learn to fight em.  They are good fun to shoot down :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »
Spitfires with good pilots are the equivalent of the Grim Reaper. You just need to learn their habits and fight accordingly. The Spit 16 should not be perked for the same reason the P-38 J and the ME-109 aren't, because while they may be good. It takes a pro to get the most from them.

I agree. Most people who fly Spit16s are new and it is very easy to shoot them down even in a older/crappier airplane. It's not the airplane but the pilot that counts. I ones killed an La-7 on an I-16, it does not mean that I-16 is better, so same thing here if your getting killed by spit16s all the time it's not the airplane, it's you. Don't get me wrong though the airplane does matter but the pilot matters a lot more.

And just for the record; in my opinion spit 14 is the best airplane in AH2 and even in WW2 in general (yes better than F4U-4), you may argue with me on this but lets leave this for another thread.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »
And just for the record; in my opinion spit 14 is the best airplane in AH2 and even in WW2 in general (yes better than F4U-4), you may argue with me on this but lets leave this for another thread.
Your opinion is unsupported by evidence.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
:aok :aok :aok

P.S. read my sig

Apparently he never flew 109s!  :D