Author Topic: Fairwell  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Gaboon

• Copper Member
Fairwell
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:33:28 PM »
Since the release of the WWI update I am not impressed with the out come of the WWII side and its decline. I am calling it quits and have cancelled my account. Hopefully something better will come along in time.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Fairwell
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
Since the release of the WWI update I am not impressed with the out come of the WWII side and its decline.

I'm being curious: What has declined on the WWII side since WWI came along (one month ago, btw) ?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:51 PM »
Again your quitting.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »
I'm being curious: What has declined on the WWII side since WWI came along (one month ago, btw) ?

That had crossed my mind as well, but my initial question was "If something better hasn't come along in an entire decade, what makes you think there's some new radical flight sim under development by other parties that's going to compete in the future?"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
Since the release of the WWI update I am not impressed with the out come of the WWII side and its decline. I am calling it quits and have cancelled my account. Hopefully something better will come along in time.

Makes no sense whatsoever. But hey, it's your nickel.

Offline KG45

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:32:39 PM »
'Hopefully something better will come along in time.'

like maybe a life?  :P
all you fascists, you're bound to lose...

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »
Cya Gaboon  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
He was on last night...hmmmm  :noid
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »
He was on last night...hmmmm  :noid

Well then it's a good thing the OP was today...

:noid
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 05:13:58 PM »

Nothing. It's actually better than it was. This is a bit of gamer's ADD. I don't think of AH as a typical computer game but apparently it does attract members of that cohort.

Now, (prepare your flammenwerfer because I'm about to write YET SOMETHING ELSE that will get my butt crispy-fried - and this is serious) do I think the WWI arena was worth prioritizing, given the scarcity of HTC's precious development resources? Answer: I vote with my mouse and spend approximately zero time in the WWI arenas. I note that their popularity appears to have declined precipitously of late - and I qualify that as an anecdotal observation.

I'da rather had my 410 - but HTC already has me - bad, so, perhaps I'm not an at-risk customer and HTC made the right choice.

And I'll add, check the spelling on the subject. It's your first clue. Just sayin'...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 06:11:21 PM »
heheh I love the WWI haters  :neener: The WWI arena has no strat therefore numbers will be low until such is added (if ever), but to compare it with the main thrust of HTC and whine about what little impact it has had on WWII is laughable.

I love what they have done with WWI and play there whenever I can, as it adds to the new damage model it is and was well worth the effort, trying to tell HiTech and Pryro how to run their business is just silly on the face of it and coming here and posting why you are quitting is just as silly since no one really care  :devil
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »
See ya tommorow
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 07:01:11 PM »
heheh I love the WWI haters  :neener: The WWI arena has no strat therefore numbers will be low until such is added (if ever), but to compare it with the main thrust of HTC and whine about what little impact it has had on WWII is laughable.

I love what they have done with WWI and play there whenever I can, as it adds to the new damage model it is and was well worth the effort, trying to tell HiTech and Pryro how to run their business is just silly on the face of it and coming here and posting why you are quitting is just as silly since no one really care  :devil

In among the taunting you make a valuable point re: the damage model. It should, long run, actually benefit WWII.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

Think the problem is the way you fly and not the game.  If you fly with absolutely no intention of a fight and just go around looking for an easy pick and run from any 1v1 you encounter, sure this game will grow stale very fast.  If you do find another game, you're going to face the same burn out if you still insist on flying your timid way.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 09:12:43 PM »
That's "Farewell" Baboon, err, Gaboon.
Retired