Author Topic: Rising Stars  (Read 2455 times)

Offline froger

• Silver Member
Re: Rising Stars
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 02:02:12 AM »
You wanna see creepy?
This is creepy.

http://spaceghetto.st/sgd/index.php?q=node/33683

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM..........WOW.. .........UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... .......
not sure what to say bought that little game show,

just OMFG i guess....

froger <-----just threw up in my mouth.
frogs are people too

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:59 AM »
Nerd A: "I think I'm in love with her".

Nerd B: "She's like 11 years old, dude."

Nerd A: "I'll wait!"

That's a quote from the movie itself.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 03:55:22 PM »
Dostoevsky's position on how to measure the civility of any society, which is:  "The civility of any society can be judged on it's prison's inmates and their treatment of one another".

If your going to quote Dostoevsky's at least get it right, what he said was "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons", what he said had absolutely nothing to do with the way the inmates treat each other.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
Skuzzy,

After reading this thread, my wife and some of her freinds at work with daughters wanted me to ask you and HiTech: What does letching on 11 year old girls in a publicly available forum have to do with your video game? No one who she had read the thread at work missed what Pedo Bear ment towards the 11 year old under age actress in question. She was simply applying the "Resonable Man" test to the meaning of the innuendo with the mothers in question.

Thank you......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Let me give you a pro-tip from Hollywood:  Until they hit puberty, ALL BETS are OFF!

Oh, and IN!
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »
Bustr, the answer is: This thread is nothing more than a giant overreaction. So is your wife's.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
Trax:

Did you read the book?...The whole book, not the cliff notes.  Alienation and nihilism (I am giving you a hint here...the key to the quote) are singularly survivalist in the epilogue of the book where the punishment of Raskolnikov occured and the quote was a summation so people wouldn't have to read the book to understand its meaning; it is a reflection of primary thematics at play in the novel.  Additionally, it's the common interpretation of the quote among literary folks.  The quote reflects my interpretation of the theme as well and is 100% applicable in this case regardless of its exactness.  If you would like to intellegently discuss the book, let me know....if you want to check exact quotes as your single contribution, I find that boring and, quite frankly unengaging.  Burger King comes to mind.

PS - If one wants to judge the degree of civilization of a given society and enters a prison to do so, what do you suppose they will be looking for Trax?  How they treat themselves?   Gonzoism knows no boundaries.... :rofl

Changeup
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:18:21 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »
Your original quote came off as if you were saying that a society can be judged on the way it's prison inmates treat each other, which makes no sense because these people were mainly taken out of society because of the way they treat each other, now no I haven't read the book, but what I've always understood he meant was that you can judge a society on the way it treats it's prisoners, not by the way it's prisoners treat each other.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:25:19 AM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:36 AM »
Trax:

How prisoners are treated is how that particular society's prison and justice system can be judged.   Nihilism is when a particular society has decided that it is ok for for someone or a group to kill say, drug dealers, because getting rid of them betters that society as a whole while operating outside the legal confines.  Because prisons are a microcasm of each society, how those inmates carry on that society's views is what Dostoevsky was speaking to.    If a particular society has no issue with pedofiles, then the prisoners in that society's prisons won't have an issue with the pedofiles that are incarcerated.   But here...pedofiles get shanked first because our society loathes them.

Prison "guests" were taken out of society for how they treated OTHERS, not each other...although I suppose you could find some cases where there was criminal-on-criminal crime. :salute

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »
Wow, this is getting deep- keep going while I get my popcorn! 

:O
-Penguin

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
There are so many forum posting rule violations in this thread, if I cleaned it up there would be nothing left that made any sense.

I am just awed by the sheer number of drama queens in this thread.  The, "OMG, save the chillen" to the "Let's see what I can find to really shock them" to the "I am a numpty and should have ignored this thread" types are simply overwhelming any possibility of have a sane discussion.

There are days you guys make me feel like Oprah mixed with Ellen.  It's just mind-boggling.  The numpty factor went ballistic in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:47:01 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com