Author Topic: Walkons  (Read 562 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Walkons
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »
I have been holding my tongue for over a year, almost 2 years. I have been watching this problem continue to get more and more blatant. To the point where now players are contradicting CM's about walk-ons.

AH events rules page for FSO clearly states, and I quote.

"2. Participation

- No walkons will be allowed on the day of the events, (frames). Any individual pilots wishing to participate must pre-register with squadrons or contact the squadrons ahead of time, not the minutes before the frame, or in the SEA before the start of the frame. "

Now I know that it was pretty much a cluster @#$#$ on the CM's side last night.
But there is no excuse for things being that obvious.

Now if Nails had been a regular member of that squadron, he would have done this on squad channel or private.
It would not have happened on channel 2, and nothing would have been said.

As for Rodent57, he was so far out of line in my opinion, that he has been dropped from the Aces High Trainer Corp for conduct unbecoming. Yes I feel that strongly about this.

Obviously both rodent57 and Nails should have been picked up by the bouncer and both should have been grounded. Held in the tower until everyone else launched, then the bouncer would have had time to deal with it.

This is obviously not what happened. I really would like to know why, who was at fault. And what has been done to correct the problem.

Last

From the penaltys section of the FSO rules page.

7. Penalties

- A squad who is seen to abuse the above rules and guidelines or the rules and guidelines laid out by a CM to a specific Squad Operations maybe removed from Squad Operations.

So it seems pretty clear to me.

Nails should be blackballed from FSO for a period of not less than 6 months.
Rodent should be blackballed for a similar period.

Technically rodent57's squadron should be dropped from FSO for at least 3 months.

The rules are there, they are not being enforced. The only possible reason for that lack of enforcement that I am able to find is a total lack of leadership at the top. To the point that CM's are afraid to take any steps for fear of being reprimanded.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Re: Walkons
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 02:30:35 PM »
Traded some e-mails with Rodent and his squad. He apologized Ghosth, and it is too long to get into here. Situation and the misunderstanding was explained. Will share with you privately.

Was actually working on a post and e-mail addressing the walk on problem specifically. Going to change the walk on page to be a little more concise.

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure