Author Topic: Calibration issues  (Read 947 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Calibration issues
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »
It has happened a few times and I just put it down to the stick...but after thinking about it this morning (it happened again) I think it may be some kind of conflict perhaps...

I don't usually have an issue but if I leave my PC on...play AH....log off....check the boards.....check films.....rah de rah....log in play AH......log off......at some point during the day/night my stick will spike and then even if I calibrate it will only last 15mins or so and I have to recalibrate...everything is ultra sensitive......now if I switch my PC off and restart it between each time I log in I do not have this problem....

When I check all the advanced settings the only thing that is shakey is the twisty but I do not have this mapped.

My stick is a X52....I have a powered hub.....and when I am about to log in I will always run game booster...even when I have been doing other stuff between AH sessions...

I know a little about my PC but not enough to know what to look for in the conflict area....or is this maybe something different.

** Edit**  I was also wondering if lag/packetloss could play a part.....with the PC working harder to catchup with things ??
Also I should add that this does mainly happen when in a hard out fight when I have *rudder, flaps, views,basically any moving part going all at once...sometimes I am able to finish and things seem loose other times I end up fighting the stick as much as the cons......just a  really strange thing that happens from time to time (more often lately)...*CH rudder pedals
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:02:09 PM by SPKmes »

Offline greens

• Silver Member
Re: Calibration issues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:06:34 PM »
Its been happenening alot lately tongs its not you, other ppl bringing it up too. happened to me all weekend sheesh, get ona nme 6 and putt putt engine power only 50% or 75% sheesh.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:14:57 PM »
i just got done reinstalling windows not to long ago. got everything up and going got my stick pluged in and drivers loaded. calibrated in windows calibrated in game. calibrated x and y axis. went to take off and my A6M5B will only loop like a typh would. i try to turn as hard as i can but no go. i got out turned by a pony last night while i was in a A6M5b and we where both slow. any help would be great. i know its a setting problem but not sure where or how to adjust the advance controlls. thanks for any help
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »
My 109's are constantly falling to ~70% throttle mid-fight...it's a recent issue. Could it be that the problem lies with AH, and not with our equipment?
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:53:26 AM »
Is it possible your trim wheels are not in the center?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
i just got done reinstalling windows not to long ago. got everything up and going got my stick pluged in and drivers loaded. calibrated in windows calibrated in game. calibrated x and y axis. went to take off and my A6M5B will only loop like a typh would. i try to turn as hard as i can but no go. i got out turned by a pony last night while i was in a A6M5b and we where both slow. any help would be great. i know its a setting problem but not sure where or how to adjust the advance controlls. thanks for any help

Maybe check to see if stall limiter is enabled?. That makes lotsa maneuvers almost impossible at times. If it is, disable it.

<S> A8Chustr
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
It has happened a few times and I just put it down to the stick...but after thinking about it this morning (it happened again) I think it may be some kind of conflict perhaps...

I don't usually have an issue but if I leave my PC on...play AH....log off....check the boards.....check films.....rah de rah....log in play AH......log off......at some point during the day/night my stick will spike and then even if I calibrate it will only last 15mins or so and I have to recalibrate...everything is ultra sensitive......now if I switch my PC off and restart it between each time I log in I do not have this problem....

When I check all the advanced settings the only thing that is shakey is the twisty but I do not have this mapped.

My stick is a X52....I have a powered hub.....and when I am about to log in I will always run game booster...even when I have been doing other stuff between AH sessions...

I know a little about my PC but not enough to know what to look for in the conflict area....or is this maybe something different.

** Edit**  I was also wondering if lag/packetloss could play a part.....with the PC working harder to catchup with things ??
Also I should add that this does mainly happen when in a hard out fight when I have *rudder, flaps, views,basically any moving part going all at once...sometimes I am able to finish and things seem loose other times I end up fighting the stick as much as the cons......just a  really strange thing that happens from time to time (more often lately)...*CH rudder pedals

It happened to me alot with my X52. Always in a hard, twisting fight and whammo! There goes my cali.  Try the Saitek calibration cleaner tool. It can be found on the Saitek support website. After DL'ing the application, run it. It will clear all the "cached" stick calibration files Windows stores everytime you calibrate your stick. After the app has been run and all the calibration files have been wiped out, try calibrating your X52 IN GAME ONLY! See if that helps ya. It helped me out alot, though I still get the cali loss on rare occasions. Also double check your cables are snug between the joy and throttle, any slight connection loss there will fubar your cali. Good luck, <S>.

A8Chustr
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
Saitek X52 is your problem. Mine did that all the time, and got worse the longer I used it. Stick it under a truck tire and run over it. Back up and do it again, go in house and order CH products. Problem solved  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »
Saitek X52 is your problem. Mine did that all the time, and got worse the longer I used it. Stick it under a truck tire and run over it. Back up and do it again, go in house and order CH products. Problem solved  :aok

Now now... I've had my X52 for 3+ years now and calibrated it maybe twice.. and neither time because it really needed it.  Mine is rock steady all the time, and I'm not exactly easy on it.

The drawback is it uses a lot of power.  I'd be willing to bet that 90+% of X52 issues are due to USB power problems, and 99+% of those would be fixed with a powered USB hub.

And I know you mentioned that you have one, but perhaps it isn't getting power from the outlet, possibly due to an outlet or inverter problem, or even something internal to the hub itself.  Also make sure the wire connecting the stick to the throttle isn't half plugged in... or barely making contact.. that's been known to cause issues as well (I've heard it's a standard male to male PS/2 cord).

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 06:09:23 AM »
See this post as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 06:12:51 AM »
It happened to me alot with my X52. Always in a hard, twisting fight and whammo! There goes my cali.  Try the Saitek calibration cleaner tool. It can be found on the Saitek support website. After DL'ing the application, run it. It will clear all the "cached" stick calibration files Windows stores everytime you calibrate your stick. After the app has been run and all the calibration files have been wiped out, try calibrating your X52 IN GAME ONLY! See if that helps ya. It helped me out alot, though I still get the cali loss on rare occasions. Also double check your cables are snug between the joy and throttle, any slight connection loss there will fubar your cali. Good luck, <S>.

A8Chustr

can you please post a link to the calibration utility.  i tried searching for it but couldnt find it.  thanks

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »

this !  :)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »
can you please post a link to the calibration utility.  i tried searching for it but couldnt find it.  thanks

semp

I can't find it either semp, but I do have it saved as a zip file. It is a registry file. I can e-mail it to you if you like. Shoot me a PM here in the forums with your e-mail addy or I can try and host it on a file sharing site. Never done that before. Its up to you. I'd be more than happy to try it either way.

A8Chustr

*EDIT: FOUND IT!!!

http://www.saitek.com/UK/supp/recalibration.htm

Click blue lettering "Saitek-calibration.zip" and save. Or just follow the on site instructions.

<S> Good luck Sir.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:05:41 PM by chewiex »

Offline Trog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:20 PM »
See this post as well.

After 6 hours of trying to track down why my rudder did not calibrate on my X52, this post by Skuzzy fixed it. Good gravy. Thank you Skuzzy.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Trog
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »

Tell CH to make a joystick setup that doesn't require pedals. I'm all for buying quality once vs. cheap crap several times, but not if the quality manufacturer refuses to meet a common customer requirement. That's the most common complaint I see here about CH, so it's not like I'm the only one.