Author Topic: Its time for another toolshedding thread....  (Read 7503 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Its time for another toolshedding thread....
« on: June 13, 2010, 03:07:26 AM »
I want to start by saying lets keep this clean, its a very touchy subject for some.

Next, I want to say I dont hate people who play for land grabbing or who fly bombers all the time. I know they are essential to having a very different assortment of combat in the MAs, sometimes your missions are what start combat in an area which lasts all day afterward.

What I got a problem with is again....The Path of Least Resistence. 15+ plane NOE missions, HOs, killing FHs when they dont need to be killed....

This Thread is about the last form of TPLR in this game, dropping FHs when it is not needed. I have 6 screenshots below which show times when FHs didnt need to go down or they ruined combat all together in the area. Remember, this game is about having a good time.......in combat.

My first example:

Notice Im flying for the side that dropped the FHs, so country loyalty should not get brought up in this discussion. Next, notice the darbar and all those green dots heading to that base. Finally, look at what is still enabled.

FHs should never be the first thing dropped at a field,Why?, because then they just up a crap ton of flaks...and air combat almost dissappears afterwards. The green country had plenty of fighters inbound to deal with the darbar that was up, they had better sticks in this case ALOT better sticks and they had a good alt advantage on them which should have made this easy. Those bombs could have hit the vh then the town since there isnt a GV spawn into there the quickest way to kill it is with buffs.

Example 2:

Well atleast they killed the radar this time as well, still the VH is up. Big thing is this example is the dar vs dar aspect.........clearly an advantage.

Example 3:

Same place about an hour later. Everything is up other then the FHs.....We are pushing out and your going to kill the FHs? That isnt in any way tactical....the right move would be those ord bunkers before we start upping buffs towards your base..

Example 4:

This is the only fight the Knights have on their fronts at about 9am.....notice how far they have to fly for it. Your on the defensive and you already killed ords at the nearest base......either start handling fighters or go kill troops either way the Knights werent getting that v base with the sides so even like they were and an airbase that close.

Example 5:

ZOMG THE HORDE!!!! Bosco could even land a kill with these odds. FHs didnt have to fall.(BTW I switched sides to fight off this horde after they dropped the FHs)

Fianl example:

This was a furball where someone decided to come along and kill the FHs, all I can say here to this is please ask what is going on at the fight before you do this. IF every tells you to drop the FHs go ahead but if they say furballing.....please just hit town or pork the field.

In general, FHs NEVER NEED to be dropped if you want to take a base. I think the problem with this is the Buff guys dont think they have a way to help the win the war ground other then this. All I keep telling them is that the town is a better target, it NEEDs to go down. Something which I like about this gaming community is that it polices itself up, alot of people CMs, trainers, certain sticks, and skiners give up their free time to help make you have a good time. I use the 2 second rule.......I think for 2 seconds on whether or not my actions are going to negatively effect myself or others (Real Life stuff). In here take a quick second to look around the map and see if the FHs actually HAVE to go down, make sure everything else VH, ords, dar and town are down first....then you can hit FH because if it gets to that point and the enemy still has alot of planes up....they are just lazy.

Discuss.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Its time for another toolshedding thread....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:35:33 AM »
<---discuss this
Lighten up Francis

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 03:40:03 AM »
I'M tired now,
goin for a smoke.

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:51:37 AM »
I don't fly buff so I don't know their point of view. If buff decides not to drop FH, then would the fighters agree not to shoot em down? I haven't play AHII in like a year plus, so I don't know how the MA is like anymore xD
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:02:52 AM »
I don't fly buff so I don't know their point of view. If buff decides not to drop FH, then would the fighters agree not to shoot em down? I haven't play AHII in like a year plus, so I don't know how the MA is like anymore xD

The MA is exactly like it was last year, the year before, and the year before that.  Don't know about earlier because I wasn't here.  Far as I can see the fight dynamics are the same and at least to me the game is still fun, but some are still going to complain.

At least that is my opinion, I'm sure someone will chime in how the game has changed in the last three years.     :D

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 06:44:45 AM »
Your arguement does not apply here.

:salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:50:14 AM »
The game has changed in the last three years.  :D

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 09:18:29 AM »
Its time for another toolshedding thread....

I want to start by saying lets keep this clean, its a very touchy subject for some.

Poor choice to start it in the first place. :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
I have found that.....99% of the time,on ALL sides,that UNDER any furball,is a group from their respective sides trying to take the base..

Sometimes ords need to go down,sometimes Fh and or everything needs to go down on a base..If it is a base that we want to capture,we want to keep as much up as possible..

And seeing from your post,no offense junky,you dont take bases too often do you..if you think that it is EASIER to take a base with the FH up than down,,they both have their good and bad points,but usually one has to either get some good fighter support,or take them down..there really are just too many variables when it comes to capturing ANY base for that matter.
        This is why I think many have problems with numbers missions..The numbers are there so that the BASE does not have to be destroyed to take it..otherwise,the VH would have to go down,the base would have to be deacked,and capped.Then what,,,people hollering about getting vulched..

Just have to move around and find the FIGHT you want to fight,be it CV-GV-AC..It is always happening all the time
on any map... :salute       

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 10:08:30 AM »
I have found that.....99% of the time,on ALL sides,that UNDER any furball,is a group from their respective sides trying to take the base..

Sometimes ords need to go down,sometimes Fh and or everything needs to go down on a base..If it is a base that we want to capture,we want to keep as much up as possible..      
agreed 100% except for the fact that there are very few times that people know how the fight is going and they don't care much :aok there was one time last week i was upping A20s and scoring kills by the second against CV aircraft. the enemy was just upping fighters, they had no CA, and everyone in our country was loving the furball because of how much we were owning them. (i killed about 8-10 seafires and F6Fs in an A20 and people were laughing about it :D ...until a person killed the CV (granted this person did not know that we wanted it up and apologized afterwards)

But still. this thread is kind of pointless due to the fact that you can't change a person unless they want to change. These people do these things to help the war effort like Falc said. If you have a problem with the effect of their actions then you just need to forget about it and go start another furball somewhere else :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
A pointless thread IMHO. So unless people play your way then every one Else's method of game play Is wrong thread? The best part of this game is the fact no one knows what the other person will do & there for game play is always changing & it is the games strength.

It might piss you off no end as to what some one else did or done or is about to do & so what just happened? Well you just experienced a range of human emotions that will go from high to lows & every place in between. This also is the strength of the game that you become emotionally involved & will always pull people in & back for those who quit & return at a later date.

You may not realise it but the BBS is an extension of those emotions & I just enjoyed this thread & will be looking for the next pointless one of yours so I can be humored again by it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »

And seeing from your post,no offense junky,you dont take bases too often do you..if you think that it is EASIER to take a base with the FH up than down,,they both have their good and bad points,but usually one has to either get some good fighter support,or take them down..there really are just too many variables when it comes to capturing ANY base for that matter.
        This is why I think many have problems with numbers missions..The numbers are there so that the BASE does not have to be destroyed to take it..otherwise,the VH would have to go down,the base would have to be deacked,and capped.Then what,,,people hollering about getting vulched..

Just have to move around and find the FIGHT you want to fight,be it CV-GV-AC..It is always happening all the time
on any map... :salute       
Im not saying its easier to take a base with the FH up at all, if I did say somewhere in there that it is Im sorry it was like 4 am when I wrote this lol.
I disagree with this "Just have to move around and find the FIGHT you want to fight,be it CV-GV-AC..It is always happening all the time on any map" Only reason because times like example 4 from above. That was the only fight on the map for the said country.

Numbers in mission is tricky, personally I think NOE missions are boring with any more then 8-10 people. Anymore then that and Its pretty much just one pass on town to get it down. Im all about a challenge, I like beating people back to their own base and vulching the turds. I will never hate on anyone who vulchs me, Ill just throw some smart remarks their way. I just want to say dont over due these base taking missions, save the 30 man horde missions for strat runs.

Poor choice to start it in the first place. :rolleyes:
Its what its called in the MA.....sorry it offended you
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »
A pointless thread IMHO. So unless people play your way then every one Else's method of game play Is wrong thread? The best part of this game is the fact no one knows what the other person will do & there for game play is always changing & it is the games strength.

It might piss you off no end as to what some one else did or done or is about to do & so what just happened? Well you just experienced a range of human emotions that will go from high to lows & every place in between. This also is the strength of the game that you become emotionally involved & will always pull people in & back for those who quit & return at a later date.

You may not realise it but the BBS is an extension of those emotions & I just enjoyed this thread & will be looking for the next pointless one of yours so I can be humored again by it.
People keep saying this exact thing....first Lyric if were going to talk "In game" material....I can fly circles around you when Im in a B24 and your in a zeak.

What Im asking for is for people to LET the other people play their way....They are the ones who are making people play around their way.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »
People keep saying this exact thing....first Lyric if were going to talk "In game" material....I can fly circles around you when Im in a B24 and your in a zeak.

What Im asking for is for people to LET the other people play their way....They are the ones who are making people play around their way.

You better lobby in the wishlist for indestructable FH'S...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 10:43:40 AM »

There you go emotion your getting the hang of it :aok. As far as your ability's compared to me WHO CARES I don't care If your skills are better or worse than mine. As far as the term THEIR WAY is concerned,I already answered it but I will say it again the guys who shut down the hangars did do it THEIR WAY. But lets be honest here it is really about your style of game play being affected that started this thread is it not?