Author Topic: Tracer Hangar Option  (Read 977 times)

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Tracer Hangar Option
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
Looks like this has been asked for couple years back, but here goes:

Currently, you check the option for tracers in the flight options of the clipboard. Your decision effects all planes that you up, wether its a yak, spit, b-17, or bf-110. One time i turned off tracers to dogfight in a p38. I later upped a b-17 to bomb and found it very difficult to defend myself without tracers. Might be nice to be able to customize each aircraft to use or not to use tracers individually. This could be done in the hangar, next to the option to customize your gunsights for a vehicle position.

Also a minor note, I noticed that the drones on bombers still fire tracers even if the "no tracers" option is checked and the lead bomber is not firing tracers. Looks like a bug, I'll make a separate post if it hasn't already been discussed or was coded on purpose.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:19:34 PM by shotgunneeley »
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: Tracer Hangar Option
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
no no no i dont like this one bit.  it should ask u if u want tracers or not when u click which direction u want to take off
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »
look at it as if it was fuel.  if you forget to check, should it ask you if you want to take whatever amount, everytime you up?  it would get annoying. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:29:51 PM »
Honestly I'd like it even more detailed, allowed to set tracers per gun set, color of the tracer, etc, etc
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »
Honestly I'd like it even more detailed, allowed to set tracers per gun set, color of the tracer, etc, etc

OMG! Red tracers would look so cool!  :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:32 PM »
OMG! Red tracers would look so cool!  :D

I'm not sure if the colors would be held historically accurate for each country but I've seen blue, green, yellow, red, and white before I believe.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:24:18 AM »
I could live with red American tracers, blue Japanese tracers, green Russian tracers, etc.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »
Y'all are getting a bit off topic. The point of this thread is to have the option of selecting or deselecting "no tracers" for individual aircraft not just in general. This will give everyone the ability to up something he/she doesn't want tracers, then turn around and up something he/she does want tracers without having to remember to go into the flight options before takeoff.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »
Kinda like what you have for gunsights. You have an option of choosing the gunsight, only you want the ability to turn tracers on and off for certain planes, instead of choosing a gunsight.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »
I'm not sure if the colors would be held historically accurate for each country but I've seen blue, green, yellow, red, and white before I believe.

Some Japanese used diff colored ack on their ship so they would know what ship was firring where
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »
Y'all are getting a bit off topic. The point of this thread is to have the option of selecting or deselecting "no tracers" for individual aircraft not just in general. This will give everyone the ability to up something he/she doesn't want tracers, then turn around and up something he/she does want tracers without having to remember to go into the flight options before takeoff.

+1
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 04:28:46 PM »
I like it.... it can be an option for every indivisual plane. OR we can take tracers away all together :D

anyways, i like the idea a lot

:aok :aok

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:45:47 PM »
I think that I might have asked for this, cant aim without tracers in the 152 but I love my tracer less, ninja style, P38

+10000
Strokes

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
+1 the Main Topic.  +1 for color varied tracers.

It would be real nice to set each plane individually.  Or how about making an option on the hanger floor?  It would be, say, 2 ammo boxes to the lower left that say: Tracers / No Tracers.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 06:10:51 PM »
I would like this feature for all the "flight" options, JUST LIKE fuel, if I pick 25% for the P-51 I still can pick something different for the Spit and the 51 doesn't change.  This is more important for me in WWI where I want the "engine govenor" on some planes and not on others.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot