Author Topic: DA Arena Message  (Read 703 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
DA Arena Message
« on: August 06, 2010, 01:07:44 PM »
Could you please reinstate the DA Arena Message instructing players not to disturb private duels away from the Furball Lake. If you duel at A23/24 during quiet times when there are few or no fights at the lake, they generally head to 23/24 looking for a fight, and we no longer have the message to direct them too.

Many thanks,

nrshida.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: DA Arena Message
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
A big +1 to this. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »
 :aok
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
+1

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »
+1001
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:05 PM »
If I could just reiterate this wish and ask if it will be addressed in the next release? Today we had an extended duelling session with around 8 players at A23/24 which was completely disrupted by 2 players who became bored at the lake. They did not react kindly to being asked to leave and we had no other recourse available to us.

The activities of 8 people were disrupted by 2 until they got bored and left of their own accord. This is frustrating and wastes the time of those trying to train / duel.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »
+1
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
We only go into the DA for training but even with that limited activity in there I clearly see why this is a great idea!  There is always somebody that wants to come screw things up.

+1000
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 12:49:07 PM »
+1 please?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 04:04:11 AM »
I don't know if the previous arena message was a temporary response to a phase of concentrated complaints from the regular duellers, but this problem still persists and is quite common. Especially when the number of players at a private session exceeds those present at the lake.

The previous Arena Message was:-

*** WARNING:  READ THIS! ***
The primary purpose of the Dueling Arena is to allow players a private refuge for fighting duels. Anyone interrupting duels, in this arena, will be subject to ejection from the game. Duels are to be fought away from the Furball area of the terrain. In the Furball area, anything goes.

I was further thinking that something like the following might be a small improvement:-

*** WARNING: READ THIS ***
The Furball Lake is a public area for everyone to fight in. All other areas are reserved for private duels and it is forbidden to interupt these fights or to join them without an explicit invitation. Film submitted of players disrupting duelling sessions will be accepted as evidence and those players will be ejected from the game.

...mentioning the submission of films of griefing and without the slight implication that a player can or should behave like an total anarchist at the lake.

The arena message need not pop up when entering the arena, simply being able to refer players to the message already worked very well as a self-policing measure, and allowed duellists to fight unmolested.

I appreciate how busy HTC is with forthcoming new aircraft and so on, but perhaps we could have the arena message reinstated at the next release?

:pray

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-