Author Topic: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 22290 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Fifth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
I missed my fight with JB11 last night.  My son's baseball team never won a tourney in their lives and yesterday they played 6 games and won them all.  I didn't get home until 11PM CDT.

JB - Its up to you...I missed it but if you wanna do it, I will be on tonight at 10PM CDT if BaldEagle will allow the extension.  The decision is yours sir upon their approval.

Apologies...

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: October 10, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
Spit Mk I batfinkv (My trigger quit working  :frown: )
Spit Mk I BaldEagl
P-51D batfinkv

Spit Mk XVI batfinkv (Just for fun.  Missed my shot when I pulled the non-working trigger instead of the remapped button then wobbled twice in an extended rolling scissors).

:salute bat.  Have to try that again when I replace this POS joystick.

I won't have a chance to do updates until sometime tonight so for those who haven't fough yet get those duels in.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: October 10, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
Eagl, thanks for the fights. I'll fight ya again anytime. I don't know which was worse, your trigger or my inverted flat spin for 10,000ft in the second round. A faulty joystick is bad luck, a faulty pilot was to blame for mine :)

I wasnt counting the first one due to your trigger problem, i figured it went

Spit I (warm up) - batfink

Spit mk1 - baldeagl
P51-D - batfink
Spit mkXIV - batfink

But then either way is same result. They were good clean fights.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: October 10, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
batfink lets go duel.  right now!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: October 10, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
Would love to Grizz, hell it's been me asking you to fight for the last few months!

But I must go sleep, 30 hours is too long to be awake for. Done about 4 hours of archery today with a new bow I just finished. Draw weight is around 90-100lbs, easily. My shoulders are screaming at me. :cry
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: October 10, 2010, 01:17:45 PM »
Would love to Grizz, hell it's been me asking you to fight for the last few months!

But I must go sleep, 30 hours is too long to be awake for. Done about 4 hours of archery today with a new bow I just finished. Draw weight is around 90-100lbs, easily. My shoulders are screaming at me. :cry

lol k.

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »
I missed my fight with JB11 last night.  My son's baseball team never won a tourney in their lives and yesterday they played 6 games and won them all.  I didn't get home until 11PM CDT.

JB - Its up to you...I missed it but if you wanna do it, I will be on tonight at 10PM CDT if BaldEagle will allow the extension.  The decision is yours sir upon their approval.

Apologies...

V/r

Changeup

Changeup,

I have things I have to take care of this afternoon.  I can't guarantee when I can get on.  I will chaeck back later this evening.
 :salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2010, 02:44:43 PM »
Eagl, thanks for the fights. I'll fight ya again anytime. I don't know which was worse, your trigger or my inverted flat spin for 10,000ft in the second round. A faulty joystick is bad luck, a faulty pilot was to blame for mine :)

I wasnt counting the first one due to your trigger problem, i figured it went

Spit I (warm up) - batfink

Spit mk1 - baldeagl
P51-D - batfink
Spit mkXIV - batfink

But then either way is same result. They were good clean fights.

S!

Should be a heck of a 3rd round bat.  :cheers:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: October 10, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
90 lbs of pull? Batfink is a MAN!!

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2010, 05:16:12 PM »
L0nGb0w v. Sukov

Bf110C --- Sukov

Bf-109G14 --- L0nGb0w

Ta-152 --- Sukov

Damn intense fights, all decided one way or the other by tiny mistakes.  best of luck in the rest of the tourney  :salute :cheers:
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
L0nGb0w v. Sukov

Bf110C --- Sukov

Bf-109G14 --- L0nGb0w

Ta-152 --- Sukov

Damn intense fights, all decided one way or the other by tiny mistakes.  best of luck in the rest of the tourney  :salute :cheers:

Yes very fun very intense. Hard to shoot with the shakes in your hands haha. Good fights  :salute
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2010, 06:55:40 PM »
Brewster - JOACH1M

109G2 (Rematch) - JOACH1M

Awesome rematch, was just hanging in there with a missing elevator/flap/oil. Best fight I've had in awhile.  :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
Changeup vs JB11

Spit 1 - JB11
Brewster - JB11

Great fights sir...and good luck with tourney! 

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Brewster - JOACH1M

109G2 (Rematch) - JOACH1M

Awesome rematch, was just hanging in there with a missing elevator/flap/oil. Best fight I've had in awhile.  :salute
Yes great fight  :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »
Oh my.  It seems each week I get later and later.  I've had a lot going on IRL lately.  The review committee probably thinks I've disappeared during the week but I do keep checking in and, since they seem to have a good handle on things, I just let them go.

This week went off much better.  Everyone got their duels in.  Now JOACH1M and Krupinski, aren't you glad you just went ahead with the rematch?  It sounds like you both had fun.  There would have been a lot less BBs drama and a LOT fewer PM's in my inbox had you just done that from the beginning.

Dodger, I hear you collided.  The rules clearly define what happens in case of collision.  Don't take it too hard.  Come back next time and try not to make that same mistake.  I did the same thing last tourney.

From my own perspective, I was dreading having to face batfink knowing he was a good flyer but I felt I held my own so I was satisfied.  Our last fight went 3:30 from the time we crossed paths, most of that in a rolling scissors.  I know where I made my mistake and will be ready next time.   :D

In the only official business of the round J3EWNAH advances by forfeit (he PM'd me rather than posting here) and Sunsfan is now Suns in-game.

This round determines who advances to the quarter-finals; normally a group of exceptional pilots.  Good luck to those remaining.  Here's your match-ups:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 12:04:25 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.