Author Topic: This seems like a waste of resources....  (Read 5800 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: This seems like a waste of resources....
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
Ur post needs to be edited and u should be banned right now. If everyone finally gets the realization that there is no point to posting on this BBS, then it  will vanish and CAP1 will have no place to spam the AvA and may actually show up on our doorsteps with pamphlets. And Ack-Ack may actually have to get his aholedness out of his system in real life which would undoubtedly get him curb stomped and frequent visits to the ICU.
:rofl :rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
Firstly -your plane's engine sounds like an alarm and makes my ears bleed.

Secondly - blame yourself for trying to defeat 7-9 guys without a single advantage. They looked like they had nothing else to shoot down in that sector until your came along rambo style.
:aok
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »
Ill quote a wise man....."I don't know how many it would take, but I know how many they were gunna use..." -Ron White

Debrody and I were winging this morning getting ready for the scenario when we ran into a cluster F#!$ of red guys.....

Watch this video and see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvVdHYtaoXA

Now my question's to you are.....Is it necessary to have 7-9 guys jumping one plane? How many should be needed? What makes people think they need to do this? and How can we stop such douchbaggery from happening in this game?
:salute

What it tells me JunkyII is you've come a long way :)

When I read this I had a flashback to a night probably a couple years back now where the PoW were the latest squad on the block and their numbers were large.  A few of us were trying to fight the horde made  up of PoW.  Asking the same question got all kinds of excuses for it and blaming those of us lower and smaller in number for our situation.

Nice to see the progression of a cartoon fighter pilot.  All you can hope is those guys will get there some day too :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »
I agree with...someone who wrote earlier in this post, just turn ON friendly collisions... one thing I do practice  while flying is giving others wing room,  some of you may say "well what about newb evil doers who ....

actually forget I wrote, cause now where gonna get into kill shooter issues , and all that.    and what about only damaging the one doing the colliding? well hows the computer gonna tell who deliberately collided into  who? 

so to have friendly collisions, then friendly would have to be able to shoot friendlies.  and NO ONE is gonna go for that. see what this is? a loopty loop. its a game... DAMN

:headscratch:             :airplane:            :joystick:             :furious      :salute     
VAMPIRE <S>
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 10:40:16 PM »
You are assuming they are all trying to kill him for score which is simply not true.  Most of those guys just want to record a kill.
I would be willing to bet that the guys in that horde all have fighter scores in the thousands. 

People don't do this because of score.  If they do, that's why they have a score in the thousands.  People do this because they have nothing else to shoot at, and because they suck.

QFT.

Solution Junky? 

Bring more friends.

Fighter sweep!

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 01:09:14 AM »
They shoukl be ashamed it took so long to kill you.   :x
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 07:57:08 AM »
Ur post needs to be edited and u should be banned right now. If everyone finally gets the realization that there is no point to posting on this BBS, then it  will vanish and CAP1 will have no place to spam the AvA and may actually show up on our doorsteps with pamphlets. And Ack-Ack may actually have to get his aholedness out of his system in real life which would undoubtedly get him curb stomped and frequent visits to the ICU.

actually, i do have other places to do so.  :devil a forum where most from here can't/won't hang.  :devil :aok :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline skribetm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
if you ended up w/ ten bad guys on your six then;

YOU'RE DOING IT ALL WRONG JUNKY!!!!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
What always makes me laugh is the guy that runs from a fight he is starting to lose. Then adjusts just to attack the low P38 that is trying to be nice and is staying out of the fight. You can almost read their mind, 'I know I'm going to go back to the tower, but I want to take someone with me. Maybe he is afk.'
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 11:21:24 AM »
What always makes me laugh is the guy that runs from a fight he is starting to lose. Then adjusts just to attack the low P38 that is trying to be nice and is staying out of the fight. You can almost read their mind, 'I know I'm going to go back to the tower, but I want to take someone with me. Maybe he is afk.'

The ones I enjoy are those who get to finnish their fight knownig full well the "other" red con stayed out only to go and pick that red con when he is now engaged with someone else  :)  This one is awesome  :aok

:angel:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »

That was kind of a random post you apparently wanted to get out and figured this was the best... anyway, I'll address it.  :)

I can see a situation like you described in a slightly different light.  If I find myself in a situation where I'm beginning to lose the advantage in a fight, and I have the ability to extend from the fight whether to try and regain the advantage or just stay alive, I'll do it.  I'm not worried about score, I enjoy a good fight, and I'm not scared of dying in a cartoon plane, but I also enjoy playing with the objective of bringing my aircraft back home.  So if I'm in a situation where I'm loosing the advantage and there is a second con below me (how the heck and I suppose to know his intentions?)  I'll use my altitude advantage to keep the fight from becoming a 2v1 and possibly extend from that first con.

:cheers:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
That was kind of a random post you apparently wanted to get out and figured this was the best... anyway, I'll address it.  :)

I can see a situation like you described in a slightly different light.  If I find myself in a situation where I'm beginning to lose the advantage in a fight, and I have the ability to extend from the fight whether to try and regain the advantage or just stay alive, I'll do it.  I'm not worried about score, I enjoy a good fight, and I'm not scared of dying in a cartoon plane, but I also enjoy playing with the objective of bringing my aircraft back home.  So if I'm in a situation where I'm loosing the advantage and there is a second con below me (how the heck and I suppose to know his intentions?)  I'll use my altitude advantage to keep the fight from becoming a 2v1 and possibly extend from that first con.

:cheers:

So your saying Del should jump in on you when you are fighting others. That staying out of the fray means nothing to you.

ummm ok :)

I have another that I see fairly often. Your in a fight with 4 or 5 cons. Every single one of them try to ho you. Finally you shoot back and the one you shot starts going on and on about you hoing.  :rofl
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 11:32:51 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
So your saying Del should jump in on you when you are fighting others. That staying out of the fray means nothing to you.

ummm ok :)

Oh, here we go Shufflah getting all high and mighty again, let us pull some 'foot in mouth' footage from the Muppet shade archive!  :rofl

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
           I got jumped by all of the Pigs last night @ A239 minus you and Krup LOL....... I mean the whole friggin crew..... I set a new record for overshoots and then Way plowed into me on the way to the garage. All in all I thought it was pretty funny trying to dodge 7 or 8 aircraft....... Can't let it get on top of ya.
 :D

Ah HUM....I didn't overshoot.  In the crew? Yes.  Overshoot, No.  lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
Hell. Thats how about 75% of my flights end up.

Welcome to my world LMAO
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty