Author Topic: video error (hope it's not gameplay error)  (Read 529 times)

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
video error (hope it's not gameplay error)
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:53:14 AM »
I was in a P-38L with 1000 lb bombs and rockets. Flew out to bomb a cv. I attacked from the stern with my sight was directly on the cv and I dropped right above it. I was in a suicide dive. I got my bombs off but not my rockets (cause both wings got blown off). I waited for the text to show that I hit the cv but didn't get one. I record all my flights so I checked the video. In the video, when I dove on the cv it showed me almost 2 cv lengths away from the carrier and hitting the water when in the game i was directly over it and in fact hit the cv with my plane.

Not only that, but in the video the nme fleet changes direction. I approached from the rear of the cv but in the video it changes and i hit the water off the cv bow. (pointed to me) In the game I hit the cv deck at the bow. (pointed away from me) So because the video is so flawed (i hope), i have no idea where my bombs ended up.

I will be submitting the video to support as soon as I can.

First snapshot..... beginning attack from stern .....Cv is heading away from me.

A few seconds later....Second snapshot.....  about to drop......  Cv is heading towards me.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:03:02 AM by viking73 »
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
Re: video error (hope it's not gameplay error)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 03:40:25 AM »
That's one of the many problems with the filmviewer.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
That's one of the many problems with the filmviewer.
Ya, when my films are by a cv I land on "nothing" half the time
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 02:13:31 PM »
Ya, when my films are by a cv I land on "nothing" half the time

same
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s