Author Topic: Rise of Flight  (Read 780 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Rise of Flight
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
I plan on buying the game this week, but during my research, I found something odd. According to wikipedia, only 4 planes are available but withthe Iron Cross Edition, you got 8 or so extra planes. Then it gives a list of add on planes. I remember looking on a website where it mentioned you had to buy extra planes. I also then read that along with patches, you get new planes for free?

So can some one clarify to me whether or not the add ons are free?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
Re: Rise of Flight
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:39:32 AM »
every plane not in the original purchase pack costs 8$ US to purchase. Digitally using Credit Card.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:08 AM »
Well now the two bombers (HP 0-400 and Gotha G V) are $15/US each. The airplanes are included in the program (once its updated) and what you are buying is actually permission to use them. You can install the game on as many machines as you like but you can only use one at a time since you have to log into your account to play. Its really well done. I was online for the seventy plane sortie for 1.016 and I had a blast playing follow the leader under the bridges and the thirty on three SE5 vs D.VII battle was hilarious but more importantly the multiplayer stuff is warp free (for me anyway) and the environment eye-candy with things like cloud shadows are excellent. It will probably still be at least a month before the new career mode is available and it will never be completely bug free but it is a blast to play online and offline too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 07:41:03 AM »
it is well worth the money.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »
I have it also. The only problem I had getting it to run was I had to install the Direct X 9.0c again after the initial install to make it
run properly. They e mailed me right back the same day when I contacted them. The graphics are great.....even blades of grass blow
in the wind. If you land under a bridge.....your plane will slowly sink until it is fully submerged. Water looks real.
I often go there if there is no one in the WWI arena for AH. I like both sims and  hope they add some more
planes to the AH arena down the road. I really don't mind buying new planes and I only buy the ones that I really want to fly. When
I first bought it, I think they only had about six planes or so. They must have 20 or more by now.

You will enjoy Rise of Flight. It is allot of fun.

<S>
Mano
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
Ive got it today, and boy is it hard! I'm trying to fly the Dr.1 but being my first WW1 sim, it's like starting from scratch. I can't aim very well because there's no crosshairs, but I've read that the aiming point is just under the crossing wires. I've been trying against the AI (I've yet to play MP) and I can't seem to shoot down anything. I tried dueling a novice AI Gotha bomber and all I do is make holes, while I get shot down in flames in a couple of bursts.

I'm running at 1072x740(I can't remember the exact res, but something like that) on medium settings with a radeon 5570 and core 2 duo at 2.8Ghz. It runs smooth enough but gets laggy if I crank it up to high and with a higher resolution. The game still looks great though.

I've read guides that told me to aim for the engine or pilot, but it's quite hard when I'm on their 6 and all I hit is fuselage and wings. Head ons are risky but it's still my 1st day so I'm trying to learn. Does anyone have helpful tips and hints I could use? I'm using a V1 Cyborg joystick too, but nothing else. Though it looks like TrackIr might help a ton cause it's hard using just the view button on the joystick, and if it wasn't for the red arrows, I probably would be toast.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:07 AM »
You can run practice missions. Pretty much attacking the two-seater recon planes works just like it does in AH where a high 12oc attack will take the bomber down. The gunners are very accurate snipers even at extreme range. If the recon plane crashes and the gunner isnt dead he may still fire at you so be careful. Learn to use your wingmen effectively and without getting them killed. They will midair a lot and if you dont tell them to rejoin after every attack on recon planes they will saddle up on the six of the recons and get killed. Burning planes are beautiful arent they? :D

The Dr.1 is easier to turn to the left if you use the blip control and the blip control MUST be used in order to land the plane. Scaling is ten times more important as it is in AH. Literally. You want to map a stick function to weapon cock also. You will be doing that more often than you might think. I use the wire cross point of the Dr.1 as an aim point.

Try the balloon busting mission and see exactly how much you miss AH puffy ack.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline madhogg

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
Say wut?!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 07:08:27 AM »
Does any of the AH staff play Rise of Flight?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:16:05 AM »
Look on YouTube for the Training films by Requiem.
There are quite a few good ones :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
I bought the Iron Cross edition and got more planes. Ended up being like $15 on some website.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 12:26:31 PM »
I bought the Iron Cross edition and got more planes. Ended up being like $15 on some website.
for a game to just slag around on, that's about what it's worth...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 03:08:24 PM »

planes on sale now till friday.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
You get 4 planes in the game. You can buy the rest. The only knock on RoF is the specs needed to run the game. Everything else is phenomenal.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com