Author Topic: Before the next update  (Read 509 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Before the next update
« on: April 02, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
Can we pretty please have tracer selection moved to the hangar?  :pray
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Before the next update
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
+1
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
Bump.

Right next to the weapon/ord loadout or convergence tab could be a checkbox - "Load Tracers?  Y_  N_"

Right now you have to bring up the clipboard, then hit options/preferences/flight/tracers/back and then pick your plane.  If you like having tracers off but occasionally fly a bomber, you have to remember to do all that to enable tracers before you take off.  And also do the whole process over again before you fly a fighter.  Were the choice of tracers set up just like convergence, weapons, views and gunsights; they would only have to be set up once for each plane.  If the default setting is having the "load tracers" box checked, people that keep them on won't have to do anything.  But with the option available, players can have certain planes with and certain without tracers.  As well as having field guns, bombers and flak vehicles with them on - and not have to go through the tedium of switching (and bailing if they forget before spawning in) back and forth.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
I'll +1 this too!
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 03:00:12 PM »
It would save those of us who choose not to use tracers, a great deal of time.

+1
Strokes

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »
+1 I like the idea. would be useful for me. I dont use tracers in anything unless its a wirbel. pain in the arse to go through that procedure just to disable them for one or two sorties.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:25:20 PM »
why not then just set all "in-flight " options in the hangar?   :angel:
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:14 PM »
Bump.

Right next to the weapon/ord loadout or convergence tab could be a checkbox - "Load Tracers?  Y_  N_"

Right now you have to bring up the clipboard, then hit options/preferences/flight/tracers/back and then pick your plane.  If you like having tracers off but occasionally fly a bomber, you have to remember to do all that to enable tracers before you take off.  And also do the whole process over again before you fly a fighter.  Were the choice of tracers set up just like convergence, weapons, views and gunsights; they would only have to be set up once for each plane.  If the default setting is having the "load tracers" box checked, people that keep them on won't have to do anything.  But with the option available, players can have certain planes with and certain without tracers.  As well as having field guns, bombers and flak vehicles with them on - and not have to go through the tedium of switching (and bailing if they forget before spawning in) back and forth.

+1  :rock
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech