Author Topic: Track IR not functioning properly with new update  (Read 3454 times)

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
Re: Track IR not functioning properly with new update
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 10:38:59 PM »
Ahhh I understand now Boxboy.....

I have never tried it with the 3 axis and using the snap views to each of the saved HPS for them.  I was unaware you could do that and may give it a try in the next few days.

:)

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »
I'm using TrackIR 5 with the Track Clip Pro, the thing that clips on your headset, with the yaw, pitch, X axis ,side to side, and Z axis, front to back enabled.

Enable, Toggle, Trap, on. Roll, Y axis, up and down, True View and in game TrackIR relative view off. Have not tried saving and deleting the .hps files.

Getting the 180 degree flip when changing from internal to external in snap mode and the .5 second delay when pausing TrackIR.

Just checked this offline. With defult to instant view selected in view options I do not get any of the 180 degree flips when changing views or

pausing TrackIR and appears to be working fine in this mode.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:25:14 AM by ColTomb »

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »
I'm Using TrackIR 5 with the pro clip and 3 axis and cannot get TIR to use the saved views as it did before the patch. I'm gonna mess with it more tomorrow , but something isint right imo.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »
I'm Using TrackIR 5 with the pro clip and 3 axis and cannot get TIR to use the saved views as it did before the patch. I'm gonna mess with it more tomorrow , but something isint right imo.

We tested this specific issue and found that it is using the saved head positions while using Snap views.  If you are still having a problem could you re-save your head position and report here if it doesn't fix it.  If you do please let us know which type of view you are using (pan, snap, or move).

- Sudz
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 04:22:36 PM by -sudz- »

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Sudz I did precisely that I deleted the file and then reset the head position with snap, no joy when I turned TIR5 back on I still got only the seat back view not the saved view.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
Bought a new power supply, thinking the track ir wasn't getting enough power. Still goes back to forward view when I look behind me.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
In your TR profile uncheck TrueView, x, y, z, and roll.<---Becomes the old 2-axis Dot tracking mode discontinued after version 4.1.37 of the TrackIR software.

In the game from the clipboard: Options-->Preferences-->View Options: Use Snap Padlock Mode

Uncheck: Default Instant Mode and TrackIR relative mode.

Make sure your camera is 24-40 inches away from your track clip or enhanced leds. If it is too close your head motions will translate into uncontrollable jerks and snaps. Mine is almost 40 inches away.

Having used both modes 6DOA and 2-axis Dot tracking hps inheratance. I like the Dot tracking more for the superior 6-view and the steady gunsight without having to use a TrackIR pause key mapped for shooting.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08:01 PM »
bustr, that is perfect!!, i'm now getting the views i'm used to and can now use my trackIR, wh00t!!!!!

Salute to you Sir!!

Steely

edit : and of course, and as always, thank you HTC crew for looking into this for us :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:18:00 PM by steely07 »
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
We tested this specific issue and found that it is using the saved head positions while using Snap views.  If you are still having a problem could you re-save your head position and report here if it doesn't fix it.  If you do please let us know which type of view you are using (pan, snap, or move).

- Sudz

Logged in today and downloaded a small patch that corrected the view issue...Thanks

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
Tried what you said and still when I look behind me the view goes back to forward. I have:
Reinstalled win7
Reinstalled AHII
Gotten an 850 MW power supply
Cleaned the lense of the track Ir and placed it within 24" and tried various distances.
Updated video card drivers and even rolled back video card drivers.
I have updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, and even rolled back track ir drivers.
I have unplugged and plugged in all of my stuff I use when playing from the usb ports

In transit everything is fine. When I see and get close to red planes and start menuevering the view goes from six oclock back to forward looking. Sounds wierd but that is what is happening hahahaha. I don't know what else to try. as far as using views from saving head positions i've never used them. I've looked behind me and moved my upper body to the left or right slightly to see around the seat back.    :bhead If there's a way to fix this please post or PM me. it makes the game unplayable with track ir.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:27:46 PM by james »
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »
That fixed it!! Thanks guys as usual the best customer support in the business :rock :rock
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:05 PM »
James,

I had the same problem for awhile today when I returned my TrackIR mode back to 2-axis hps inhertance. I closed down the game then pulled my TrackIR from the USB 1.0 port it was in and placed it in another USB 1.0 port. New drivers were updated by Win7 and it stopped flipping the view. This would be the simple solution.

I don't know what version of TrackIR you have. Or the version of the TR control software. But, when I used to have my TR3 USB 1.0 on the same hub with my Saitek USB 2.0 devices it would act this way. One way to see what USB standard all of your attached USB devices are is to down load a free copy of PC Wizard 2010. Run it and click on the I/O icon. It will display all of your USB ports. Click on each of them until you see your TR device. If NaturalPoint TR devices are still USB 1.0 or 1.1 and you have it on a bus with a 2.0 device. That may be the source of your view flip.

Otherwise maybe your TR device is not as healthy as it could be.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »
Thanks bustr I'll mess with that.

Tried it out. Not working still. Everything worked just fine before this last update. Now I can't fight at all pretty much. When I get close to a bad guy I can't look behind me. Kind of defeats the purpose. I'm using track ir 4pro with 1.38 as the latest update. I have even posted on their forum. I have had this track ir sensor for 4 years now with no problems. I'll get a new one next week and see if that is the problem as far as sensors. After that i'm kind of out of options unless I go back to hat switches and that is not really part of the plan. Bustr thanks for the help man. <S>

Coltomb, i've even gone as far as using a track clip pro what i've had to see if that would make things any better.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:40:14 PM by james »
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline ColTomb

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 11:35:44 PM »
James, you may already have it selected but check to make sure your "tracking target" is set to "Track Clip"

in the basics settings, if you are using the hat thing. I had mine backwards one time, got all kinds of strange views.

This may not apply to you, but there is a repair notice for certain TrackIR cameras. you can check your serial # on the TrackIR

start screen in the upper left hand corner next to where it says device.

TrackIR 5 Repair Notice : serials 152000 - 152914

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45301#Post45301

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:43:50 PM by ColTomb »

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 11:46:25 PM »
WOW.....

I did a bit of offline and TA practice today and discovered that my "Z" axis (or zoom) was causing the issue with the HPS and the rear view with TIR.  I can finally check my own "6" without having to lean into the screen.

What a difference!

I also found that having a deadzone programmed for the axis' really helps considerably as well.  Took a bunch of tweaking but just about right.

Using TIR 3 with Hat Clip, Win Vista 64 Ult for OS.