Author Topic: Market place to trade perk points  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
Market place to trade perk points
« on: May 14, 2011, 02:37:23 PM »
We all have perks that we do not really use, IE: I rack up a lot of fighter perks, but im not a big fan of perk rides in the fighter category. I do however like flying the B29 but I usually do not have a surplus of bomber perks.

Can we have a market place were I put up 500 fighter points for 150 bomber perks? And other combination in between. Would be sweet to have the place to exchange different types of perks.

This could also promote more careful and well planned attacks and fighting in order for people to harvest the most perk points possible :)

In addition we could have a market to buy perk points, would increase revenue for the business HiTech, and have people will be able to fly the planes they want without having to waste the entire day harvesting points. I mean if they want to spend money on that and help the community with funding why not?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:40:21 PM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline matt

• Silver Member
Re: Market place to trade perk points
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »
+1

flakhapy

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »
+1

-iron61

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
I would be willing to trade in 2 perks for 1, great idea!
JG 52

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
 :aok
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:01:51 PM »
Sadly for you guys, HT has said there will be no perk economy in Aces High.  Bummer, you'll just have to earn them the old-fashioned way...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline iron650

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
Sadly for you guys, HT has said there will be no perk economy in Aces High.  Bummer, you'll just have to earn them the old-fashioned way...

Aww... I can gv but can only get guys at near point-blank ranges.  :joystick:

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
Rather than a perk economy, could squad members just shuffle perks between themselves?  Or perhaps have some sort of squadron perk bank, to be distributed as the CO sees fit, squad members can deposit as they wish.  Just some way of donating perks, no 'profit' or benefit for the perk giver needed.  There have been numerous occasions where I have wanted to roll a 262 with someone or vice versa and the other was lacking the perks, I'd have no qualms just giving them the difference.  I think a lot of people would do the same.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 03:12:25 PM »
Rather than a perk economy, could squad members just shuffle perks between themselves?  Or perhaps have some sort of squadron perk bank, to be distributed as the CO sees fit, squad members can deposit as they wish.  Just some way of donating perks, no 'profit' or benefit for the perk giver needed.  .

This would quickly end up in the same kind of economy and perk trade. Pay $, join my squad, get X perks...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »

This would quickly end up in the same kind of economy and perk trade. Pay $, join my squad, get X perks...

I could see this happening if we had more players. This might bring more
players to the game as well though.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 04:42:26 PM »
Listen to Lusche, if we allow people to exchange perks, then you'll see a massive increase in perk farming.  Look at WoW, there are ads to buy WoW gold everywhere.  Let us not defile this sacred place with such sacrilege.

-Penguin

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
No! I can go fly a few spit1's get 10 kills and trade to the perks to drive tigers and panthers all day. You want bomber perks fly more bombers
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »
I could see this happening if we had more players. This might bring more
players to the game as well though.

This:
if we allow people to exchange perks, then you'll see a massive increase in perk farming.  Look at WoW, there are ads to buy WoW gold everywhere.  Let us not defile this sacred place with such sacrilege.

Perk farming, shooting shade accounts and so on would go from occasional nuisance to a real problem. People trying to use their accounts not to play or to fight, but just to make money. I dread the day we end up like this.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »
+1
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »
lol it's not that hard to get enough perk points to fly a b29.  gv's are some of the easiest to earn, you dont even have to fight.  resupply a base you get 2-3 perks most bases are so close you can get enough perks for a tiger withing a short period of time.  for buffs, sink cv's there's always 2 or 3 attacking a base at any one time.  that's about 15 to 25 perks, more if you also hit the cruiser.  you need fighter perks, get some bombs with rockets, go hit a city somewhere, then run home like hell.  wont take long to get enough for a 262.

I have yet to not have enough perks to fly whichever plane/tank i want anytime I want.  and I am not 1/2 as good as you guys are.

I'll tell you guys a little secret to get bomber perks every night 5 minutes before the arena resets, I schedule a knight mission with nothing but b29's and go hit every single town, man that's a perk hacienda right there   :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.