Author Topic: Coral Sea 2011 - Event Cancelled  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Coral Sea 2011 - Event Cancelled
« on: July 15, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »
Due to low registration numbers the next scenario "Coral Sea - The First Carrier Battle" has been canceled.

We the Scenario CM team appreciate the people who did register for the event.  We also greatly appreciate Waystin2 and  AKKuya the two people who stepped up to be COs for the event.  We hope they will consider doing so again at another time.  We want to thank you all for your interest, but there was no way that the numbers we were getting were going to allow the event to proceed.

The planned running of four events on a scheduled format for this year is also canceled.  The next scenario will be annouced sometime in the next few weeks/months and will not be on the published dates.
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
Re: Coral Sea 2011 - Event Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:24:38 PM »
 :salute cm team, you guys drafted up a good event. Unfortunately, low numbers and low desire kind of put this event down from the start.

Hopefully the next event will see the numbers
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
I would like to make sure that the CM's, AKKuya, Alpha Team's GL's and pilots know that I appreciate them stepping up to the plate.  We gave it a good push, but were unable to save it.  I look forward to seeing all of you in the next scenario.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:41:28 PM »
It's a sad thing for a scheduled event to be cancelled when so many were looking forward to it.  My thanks to the CM team and Waystin2 plus both Zulu and Alpha registered members.

When the next nightly Scenario is planned, I'll be there if possible either as a rank and file member or as one of them armchair generals. :joystick:

:salute
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »
I will be running a series of "This Day in WWII" events in place of the cancelled scenario.  It's no scenario, but can still be fun for those of us who were looking forward to it and would still like to get together for some themed events.

Details are here:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,316664.0.html