Author Topic: Headset = VOX / Speakers = Gamesounds  (Read 475 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Headset = VOX / Speakers = Gamesounds
« on: September 24, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »
My wish:

I would like to see a split of the VOX audio hardware target from game sounds audio target in terms of client audio output

(VOX goes to headset - All other sounds go to external speakers)

Why?

I want to hear VOX coms on my headset...that is all I want to hear on my headset...and then feed all other game sounds into my external speakers...pretty much like it was "back then"...where ambient noise was just that...ambient and 'outside' the positive and direct sounds of vox com's on your ear drums via a circum-aurel headset...

Immersion

Out

Oneway

Edit: I am fully aware that you can set volumes of vox and effects separately. That is not the same as sending the audio to separate output hardware.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:58:58 PM by oneway »

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Headset = VOX / Speakers = Gamesounds
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
set yours like this:

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
Thanks...

...but those settings do not separate the games VOX output and Sounds output to separate hardware channels (Headset - External Speakers...thus...

...isolating VOX audio to headsets...all other audio to externals

Out

Oneway

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
I know i used to have my speakers for sounds and headset for voice.  but I thought it was stupid since my headset would muffle all other sounds.  so I just lowered the engine sounds and increase vox a bit more and use headset.  If I want to use speakers, i just set the headset with the mike in front of me and use the hat for my trakir.

funny thing in gv's i cant hear crap on vox when driving around.  I have lowered all sounds I could find and still nothing.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:07:30 PM »
The ideal 'Scenario' (excuse the pun) is to be able to send the VOX audio down one raceway on the client, and the game sounds down another raceway.

In my perfect world, the headset is completely VOX and only VOX (single item)...and my external effects run on the speakers in full surround...and anyone listening to the speakers cannot hear any VOX coms...and my ambient effects sounds are subdued by the circum-aurel headset, though still audible on the speakers

Hmmm

Christmas is coming isn't it?

:rofl

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:09:52 PM by oneway »

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:38 PM »
Back referencing the corollary post in the Tech Support forum:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,320790.msg4180920.html#msg4180920

Out

Oneway

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
I think it has been established that this is already a feature available in the game and we will proceed in the Tech support thread about it instead of through here.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 04:23:05 PM »
Thanks...

...but those settings do not separate the games VOX output and Sounds output to separate hardware channels (Headset - External Speakers...thus...

...isolating VOX audio to headsets...all other audio to externals

Out

Oneway

Hardware shmardware.

With the above settings you get vox in your headset and everything else through your speakers.

It's magic or something but it works and gives you the end results you are asking for.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay