Author Topic: Adding/replacing your sounds tutorial.  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Adding/replacing your sounds tutorial.
« on: May 24, 2012, 09:12:42 AM »
as it states a short video on how to add new sounds to your game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VxSbU8EsQ&feature=youtu.be
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
Re: Adding/replacing your sounds tutorial.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »
 I followed the instruction as best I could but can't get the sound to work. I even pulled out the original sound folder from the AH file and it still has the old sounds ? I am computer illiterate so I am sure it is operator error on my part or I have another problem with the download.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »
I would first check and see how many sounds folders you have floating around and eliminate all but the on in the hitech creations folder and the one with your new sounds in it. Next make sure that your new sounds your trying to add have sounds in them not just the cleaned word document. What i would do is open your folder have your new sounds on the desktop and just drag your old sounds straight to the recycle bin and drag your new sounds right in. Main thing ia to make sure there are no extra coulda folder laying about. Hope this hola if not come back and ill give another swing.
"No odds too great"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 09:50:30 AM »
What I think happens most often is people "make" a sounds folder and then un-zips the custom sound pack into that folder. Most of the sound makers pack their zip/rar file with the "sounds" file included. So your tree should look like this....

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sounds

instead they look like this....

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sounds\sounds

To fix it I would copy the files from the second sounds folder and paste them into the first sounds folder and then delete the second.

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sounds\sounds

To be clear, copy the folders and files from the RED sounds folder and paste them in the BLUE one, then delete the RED one.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
 I did drag out the old sound pack and drag in the new one. I did not however put the old one in the recycle bin. I left them on the desk top in case the other pack didn't work. I will try what you suggest thank You.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
You could just rename the original sounds folder to soundsbak or something similar, that way you still have them and can just re-use them if and when needed :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
 Well I give up I can't get any sounds to work except the original ones. The only thing different is now I have no music when I log in. I can go to the new sound pack and listen to each sound in the folder one at a time but nothing work when I am on the game except what you get in the HTC down load.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »
Well the trouble the other guy was having was he didnt extract the files from the zipped folder they came in. Have you done this? There are only so many things that can be wrong if needed I can talk to you over the phone and see if I can get it working. Im central time and should be free after 6 pm any evening.
"No odds too great"

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
I renamed the original as "sounds1" then once I FINALLY got the folder "unzipped" I just clicked on the sounds in the folder and dragged them over and placed it directly on top of the "sounds1" and it automatically used them.  what I didnt get was why I couldnt unzip as my computer is a 7 year old laptop and didnt have an extractor program.  with some time I am sure you can figure it out R :aok

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:51:20 AM »
Well I give up I can't get any sounds to work except the original ones. The only thing different is now I have no music when I log in. I can go to the new sound pack and listen to each sound in the folder one at a time but nothing work when I am on the game except what you get in the HTC down load.

what sound pack do you want? ill PM you the download that you can use. i know your problem is your aces high folder looks like this Aces high/Sounds/sounds
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:36 AM »
what sound pack do you want? ill PM you the download that you can use. i know your problem is your aces high folder looks like this Aces high/Sounds/sounds
Remember the packs arent yours..  So dont lie to him.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »
Remember the packs arent yours..  So dont lie to him.
i never said i was going to give him mine. i said tell me who's pack he wants and beacause i have pretty much every pack out there. ill pm him a  download that is easyier to install.
example he wants tic toks. ill pm him a download of tic toks pack and it will be set up like this Tic toks packed *ziped* inside will be like this Sounds>*planes sounds* insted of tic toks pack>sounds>sounds>planes
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »
i never said i was going to give him mine. i said tell me who's pack he wants and beacause i have pretty much every pack out there. ill pm him a  download that is easyier to install.
example he wants tic toks. ill pm him a download of tic toks pack and it will be set up like this Tic toks packed *ziped* inside will be like this Sounds>*planes sounds* insted of tic toks pack>sounds>sounds>planes
Can I have yours??
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
Olds he can download them himself from the Sounds and such area of the forums he doenst need them from you.
"No odds too great"

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 07:15:38 AM »
 I did successfully load Mitsu's sound pack. I had no problem with it. I think the problem was with the other three sound packs I tried to load. My youngest daughter has a degree in Computer Science and she could not make them work ether. She told me the problem but I have no clue what she was telling me. Anyway I got the new sounds and they are great. I was surprised that sounds could make such a difference thanks for the help.