Author Topic: Changing Of the Guard Frame-II Changes.  (Read 575 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Changing Of the Guard Frame-II Changes.
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:34:31 AM »
Allied

The brilliant performance put on by USMC Corsairs during the opening phase of Operation Cartwheel came at a cost. 8 Corsairs were lost in battle with another 26 suffering from battle damage or landing accidents. Spare parts are at a premium and the transport ship USS Munroe which was carrying replacement parts from the Chance Vought company was struck by two torpedoes fired from a Japanese submarine near New Calidonia and sunk carrying the vital parts down with her. The Carrier USS Saratoga was able to close within fly off distance to Munda. Navy Squadron VF-11 flew its full compliment of F4F Wildcats into the airfield to backup Marine Corsairs and Wildcats based there. However the USMC/USN Aircraft ratio in the Solomons now stands at 60% Grumman F4F Wildcats and 40% Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsairs. USAAF and RAAF aircraft ratios remain the same in the New Guinea area.

Japanese

Technicians from Kawasaki have been able to improve early teething troubles the Ki-61 was having in the tropical heat of New Guinea. Because of this IJAAF Ki-61s will be able to take on a larger role in the New Guinea area of operations. The IJAAF in the New Guinea area will be able to operate a ratio of 60% Ki-61s to 40% Ki-43s (A6M2s). Furthermore the 3rd Chutai of the 68th Sentai has been ordered to Rabual to back up Imperial Navy A6M3s in the Northern Solomons. These aircraft do not count against the IJAAFs 60/40 ratio in New Guinea. The 20 Ki-61 Tonys are under IJN Command and may be based anywhere in New Britain or Japanese held Solomon Islands to assist the IJN A6M3 squadrons. To clarify the new IJAAF aircraft ratio is 60% Ki-61s to 40% A6M2s in the IJAAF areas. Plus an additional 20 Ki-61s assigned to assist the IJN in the Northern Solomons.

These numbers will be changed and posted on the ahevents.org writeup. Each CIC and squadron COs can expect Objectives to be mailed no later than Sunday morning.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
Re: Changing Of the Guard Frame-II Changes.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:21:02 AM »
Shifty some very quick changes to even up the fighting.  As I posted my AAR you posted yours otherwise I would have posted mine differently.

This should help.   :aok

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
Ah, so my mentioning of this before Side assignments persuaded no one... Had to see the logs first. Wouldve been really nice last night.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
Kinda figured after the first frame of the F4u's devistating the axis it was going to move to absolutely no f4us lol.

Axis need a decisive win to settle things back to normal :D
JG 52

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
 :joystick:

Good Luck With That, You Red Guys You!
 :angel:
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!