Author Topic: RIP Mulli  (Read 3081 times)

Offline B2B

• Nickel Member
RIP Mulli
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:06:34 AM »
It is with great sadness to report to you that our 71 RAF squaddie Mulli (aka Mulligan) passed away on June 28th from pancreatic cancer, at the age of 59. Mulli had been in and out of the hospital for several months with circulatory problems. The follow up testing revealed the presence of cancer. Services were held on July 2nd in Grand Rapids, MI. He is survived by his wife Marilyn and many family and friends.

Although Mark had not flown much during the past year he still was an integral part of our squad. He was a skilled pilot who was often the first person to bring a new member under his wing and teach them the basics of the game. He was also a bit of a techie and could be relied upon to help us sort out hardware and software problems. Mark's dry sense of humour is legend and his comments on squad channel would bring tears to your eyes. His trademark words were "heehah" when he signed on, or acknowledged kudos for landing kills, and "poofers" when he logged off. Mark was also a proud Vietnam era Marine veteran.

:salute :salute :salute Poofers Mark, we'll see you on the other side.  :pray
Tour 92

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
Re: RIP Mulli
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:21 AM »
 :salute
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:56 AM »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:18:44 AM »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:21 AM »
im sorry to hear that  :frown:

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
 :salute My sincere condolences to family members and friends alike
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:45:46 AM »
 :salute Ole Buddy
Clear Blue skys and tail winds..
 :salute poofers  :salute
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
That's real sad. I had flown with Mulligan a bit and always enjoyed it. RIP Muligan - one of the good guys in this game.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 08:00:47 AM »
It is with great sadness to report to you that our 71 RAF squaddie Mulli (aka Mulligan) passed away on June 28th from pancreatic cancer, at the age of 59. Mulli had been in and out of the hospital for several months with circulatory problems. The follow up testing revealed the presence of cancer. Services were held on July 2nd in Grand Rapids, MI. He is survived by his wife Marilyn and many family and friends.

Although Mark had not flown much during the past year he still was an integral part of our squad. He was a skilled pilot who was often the first person to bring a new member under his wing and teach them the basics of the game. He was also a bit of a techie and could be relied upon to help us sort out hardware and software problems. Mark's dry sense of humour is legend and his comments on squad channel would bring tears to your eyes. His trademark words were "heehah" when he signed on, or acknowledged kudos for landing kills, and "poofers" when he logged off. Mark was also a proud Vietnam era Marine veteran.

Offline WingEatr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »

Offline Fud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
 :salute  :pray
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »

during WSDG, Mulli's wife contacted me to tell me of him going into the hospital and her and the doctor's hopes he would be out soon. The last I knew he was getting to go home within a day or two and so I just let it drift off... Now I regret that. I didn't fly with him much, but it was always a blast. Sometimes the worst pain for ourselves can be relief for others and sad as it is, I am glad he has found that peace. Good souls do not deserve to suffer.

:salute Mulli, it was my privilege to know you.  :salute
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.