Author Topic: Challenge: Why are you yelling bravo? Did you like it that much?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing

<S> Everyone!   It has been 11 years in the making, but I have finally managed to achieve our squadron's highest award, the Medal of Honor, which requires 50 victories and zero deaths while having your sortie classified as a fighter.  I was fortunate enough to accomplish this in my favorite aircraft, a mid-war P-51 Bravo.  I have made several attempts to attain this goal, but up until this point I was just unable to cut the mustard.  

A less than optimistic squad mate of mine has expressed misgivings toward my public proclamation; however, my long tenure as a member of this community has motivated me to share, what is to date, my most fortuitous exploit with my fellow cartoon pilots, countrymen, and respected enemies.  

Over the greater portion of the past decade, I have unwittingly attracted a dedicated fan club of grinning and back-patting Waldorf and Statler-esque detractors.  It is to the darkened recess of that lofty balcony that I now turn, issuing the following challenge:

In the upcoming Aces High tour (LWTour154), successfully secure 50 fighter victories in any piston driven aircraft, while simultaneously incurring zero deaths, ditches, or otherwise unsuccessful landings during sorties classified as a fighter.  For those wishing to truly meet or exceed my achievement, and do not mind a borderline anachronistic lack of explosive firepower in the main arena, perhaps attempt this in a P-51 Bravo.  

Edit: Oh wait now, there is more!  The aforementioned squad mate has brought to my attention something that, in my embarrassment, I neglected to address previously.  My fan club playfully enjoys ribbing me for "picking and running" in my Mustang of choice.  As to remove any shadow of a doubt, any challenger can do as much "picking and running" as they desire, as long as the challenge is completed inside of my total fighter sortie time of 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 27 seconds.

As an incentive to sweeten the pot, anyone capable of meeting or exceeding the given parameters within the time allotted and in a comparable (mid-war or earlier) aircraft to the P-51 Bravo, shall receive at no charge to themselves, an autographed 8x10 photo of yours truly--- So manage your time wisely, do not let climbing to 40K and fleeing when you appear to have lost the advantage ruin your chances at what is sure to become a collector's item (suitable for framing).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 12:25:48 AM by Pand »

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Challenge: Why are you yelling bravo? Did you like it that much?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
That's it then.  Back to the US for a war bond tour.... :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:35 AM »

Over the greater portion of the past decade, I have unwittingly attracted a dedicated fan club of grinning and back-patting Waldorf and Statler-esque detractors.  It is to the darkened recess of that lofty balcony that I now turn, issuing the following challenge:

Say what???????

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 06:07:30 AM »
That's it then.  Back to the US for a war bond tour.... :aok

:rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »
You are very awesome in 3v1s when its all about to steal someones kill but run like the wind when one turns tables.
Youre such a respectable person.
I know im just a dbag, a "dorawhore", just to quote you.

Anyway, talking about rank... heh... cmon.

Just another "look at me" thread by the mighty one.
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 06:48:09 AM »
Pand wont be flying for the rest of this tour or he risks losing his MoH  :D

EDIT: it would seem he has lost his MoH thanks to a B24 flown by Gama
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedin.php?playername=Pand&selectTour=LWTour153&pindex=0

This picture from Shadows achievment clearly states no deaths in fighter or attack until tour ends.

Pands Medal of Honor is to be returned forthwith! Perhaps you should have waited until the fat lady had started her chorus  :devil
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:08:24 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »
Pand wont be flying for the rest of this tour or he risks losing his MoH  :D

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedin.php?playername=Pand&selectTour=LWTour153&pindex=0

This picture from Shadows achievment clearly states no deaths in fighter or attack until tour ends.
(Image removed from quote.)

Pands Medal of Honor is to be returned forthwith! Perhaps you should have waited until the fat lady had started her chorus  :devil

Looks like he is short on the required number of shorties too. says atlest 30 needed in that pic.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 08:39:24 AM »
Looks like he is short on the required number of shorties too. says atlest 30 needed in that pic.

Oh Zing!

:banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
Time to vulch all Bravo Pee 51's for remainder of tour.   :aok

Nothing like painting a target on your back...

Drunk posting.  pffft.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Look at me!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 08:53:42 AM »
Btw i forgot to tell you Sirs a very inportant thing.
Im number one in fighter for 2 weeks now. Come, clap your hands and see what an awesome man of honour i am! Im putting this out publically only to let you know, i never wanted to look cocky, elitist or anything, just come and see how awesome i am!
Cause i am! Oh lord i am... I am the perfect gentleman! Come kiss my hand, angel.
AoM
City of ice

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Look at me!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:10:31 AM »
Btw i forgot to tell you Sirs a very inportant thing.
Im number one in fighter for 2 weeks now. Come, clap your hands and see what an awesome man of honour i am! Im putting this out publically only to let you know, i never wanted to look cocky, elitist or anything, just come and see how awesome i am!
Cause i am! Oh lord i am... I am the perfect gentleman! Come kiss my hand, angel.

Would you turn out your pocket so I can hold it?  Better yet, can I polish your...   plane?

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 09:35:21 AM »
Pand wont be flying for the rest of this tour or he risks losing his MoH  Big Grin

Here is a link to the current official squadron medals: http://www.horizonx.org/roster/?page=medals. 

Long ago, in an age of Aces High undimmed before the breaking of the world, the Legendary SkatSr claimed his rightful place as the sole owner of this award.  In the years that followed, such prowess seemed a skill of the past.  Shadow's exploits changed all of that, and caused us to look with more discerning scrutiny around the details of the award.

It would not be in keeping with the spirit of the squadron to discourage a pilot from continuing to fight during a tour, and so the decision was made to limit the award to the fighter category.  This enables a pilot to continue to fly attack missions without risking their hard earned achievement.

On a related note, during the reclassification, it was pointed out that the sortie requirement was inconsequential for this award, as a pilot could simply make several risk-free sorties from an airfield far from the conflict.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:06 AM »
From http://www.horizonx.org/roster/?page=medals

"The Medal of Honor is awarded to members who are able to perform in combat throughout a TOD without being killed in action. - A member must obtain a minimum of 50 confirmed kills. - In order to receive the Medal of Honor, you must have no deaths recorded in your fighter stats at the end of tour. - Awarded Monthly at the end of each tour automatically."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
Of course, the rules were modified so that you could gain the accolade :rolleyes:

:salute to Shadow the rightful unsullied owner of the DD MoH.

:Resberrysound: to Pand the undeserving owner of a Made in Taiwanr DD MoH.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »

<S> Everyone!   It has been 11 years in the making, but I have finally managed to achieve our squadron's highest award, the Medal of Honor, which requires 50 victories and zero deaths while having your sortie classified as a fighter.  I was fortunate enough to accomplish this in my favorite aircraft, a mid-war P-51 Bravo.  I have made several attempts to attain this goal, but up until this point I was just unable to cut the mustard.  

A less than optimistic squad mate of mine has expressed misgivings toward my public proclamation; however, my long tenure as a member of this community has motivated me to share, what is to date, my most fortuitous exploit with my fellow cartoon pilots, countrymen, and respected enemies.  

In the upcoming Aces High tour (LWTour154), successfully secure 50 fighter victories in any piston driven aircraft, while simultaneously incurring zero deaths, ditches, or otherwise unsuccessful landings during sorties classified as a fighter.  For those wishing to truly meet or exceed my achievement, and do not mind a borderline anachronistic lack of explosive firepower in the main arena, perhaps attempt this in a P-51 Bravo.  

Edit: Oh wait now, there is more!  The aforementioned squad mate has brought to my attention something that, in my embarrassment, I neglected to address previously.  My fan club playfully enjoys ribbing me for "picking and running" in my Mustang of choice.  As to remove any shadow of a doubt, any challenger can do as much "picking and running" as they desire, as long as the challenge is completed inside of my total fighter sortie time of 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 27 seconds.

As an incentive to sweeten the pot, anyone capable of meeting or exceeding the given parameters within the time allotted and in a comparable (mid-war or earlier) aircraft to the P-51 Bravo, shall receive at no charge to themselves, an autographed 8x10 photo of yours truly--- So manage your time wisely, do not let climbing to 40K and fleeing when you appear to have lost the advantage ruin your chances at what is sure to become a collector's item (suitable for framing).

Congrats Pand! I know how hard it is to do it. My best tour I had a k/d of about 17 or so, so really <S>.