Author Topic: collisions  (Read 1857 times)

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
collisions
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:52:51 PM »
I think there is a bug with it,,, tonight, I had a collision and it gave me text stating such, I asked the other pilot if he got a message to, he said "yes"  but rec'd no damage.Obviously his FE acknowledged there was a collision,,,why no damage?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: collisions
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:07:11 AM »
Not a bug. The message is literal. You collided. If he also collided you would see 2 collision messages, one for each of you. Because of lag you can collide on your PC while missing on the other player's PC.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:36:17 AM »
I think there is a bug with it,,, tonight, I had a collision and it gave me text stating such, I asked the other pilot if he got a message to, he said "yes"  but rec'd no damage

The question is: Which message exactly did he get? "You have collided" or "Coronado collided with you". Because only one of them indicates a collision on his FE.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
I've only won about 5 collisions in my history at aces high and even had a p51 collide with all 3 of my buffs and fly away seemingly undamaged.

I am on a cell phone connection.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:39:24 PM »
I've only won about 5 collisions in my history at aces high and even had a p51 collide with all 3 of my buffs and fly away seemingly undamaged.

There is no 'win' or 'lose' with collisions in Aces High.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 02:26:42 PM »
There is no 'win' or 'lose' with collisions in Aces High.
:confused:
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 02:38:40 PM »
:confused:

He is on point.

The notion that collisions can be won or lost (and stating connection type while at it) is giving players a totally wrong concept about the collision mechanisms and dynamics.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »

So how can a p51 collide with all 3 of a buff formation, down them all, and fly away undamaged as I observe from my chute?

Something determines who gets damage and where on the plane the damage occurs.

Please help me understand since I only know intimately the collision mechanics behind Warbirds 1.1, warbirds 2.77, warbirds 3, IL2, and freehost.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
Something determines who gets damage and where on the plane the damage occurs.

It's very simple: If you have a collision on your screen, you get damage. If the enemy has a collision on his screen, he gets damage. It's the same for everyone. Keep in mind the dual realities, and how much these realities differ depends on both participants combined lag.

Most players think of a single "collision" on the server which then somehow determines the winner. No such thing. If you avoid collision on your screen, nothing will happen to you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:48:13 PM by Lusche »

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »

It's very simple: If you have a collision on your screen, you get damage. If the enemy has a collision on his screen, he gets damage. It's the same for everyone. Keep in mind the dual realities, and how much these realities differ depends on both participants combined lag.

Most players think of a single "collision" on the server which then somehow determines the winner. No such thing. If you avoid collision on your screen, nothing will happen to you.

What about when you receive damage without your FE seeing the collision?  "So and so has collided with you" and you take damage. 

Am I understanding that to be their FE is seeing the collision, as the "You have collided with so and so" message is not there?
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:05 PM »
If you did receive the "you collided with so and so" message then most likely you took damage from the other guys guns as he drove through you on his front end.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »
Yup, gunfire. Enemies have the nasty habit of firing their guns while running into you.

At least I have  :noid

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
Yup, gunfire. Enemies have the nasty habit of firing their guns while running into you.

exactly, might be the biggest thing that people forget before they complain about collisions.

"oh, my wing came off, but it said he collided"

that's not insane, if he SHOT IT OFF before he rammed your wingless hulk. :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:12:31 AM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 12:49:14 AM »
MAybe this will help .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 06:27:48 AM »
Sorry, I should've been more specific.  What about the instances when the other guy isn't firing? 

I've had this happen many times:

Fighting somebody, perhaps getting into rolling scissors, or maybe just some type of quick reversals.
I receive the message, "So and so has collided with you."
Neither one of us was firing our guns.
We both take damage.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."