Author Topic: Perk transfer  (Read 1202 times)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
Perk transfer
« on: April 19, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
Titles says all Like pand or someone that has a  Crap ton of useless perks send them to someone.
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Perk transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
Have you read the FrauB thread in general?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
That would allow for perk trading with all the ugly consequences of that.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
Have you read the FrauB thread in general?
yes what about it.
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:58:38 PM »
yes what about it.

Perk farming then perk transferring. How long before perk selling? Not something I think (dare I say) HTC would appreciate.

Earn your perks. Beggars can't be choosers.  :D

No offense ... just .. think about it.  :)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
Just... no.  Perks for profit would only lead to dweebery and lameness the likes of which has never been seen before.

Also, a personal pet peeve, the day they add this and I log in to see 'Anybody got any spare perks?' spam in the channels is the day I turn off all comms.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
PERKS FOR SELL!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
Selling Perks!!!

100 Perks, 10 dollars.
250 Perks, 20 dollars.
500 Perks, 40 dollars.
1000 Perks, 80 dollars.

Discount to those who "help" me get perks!!!

:D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:58:47 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
That would allow for perk trading with all the ugly consequences of that.

How about being able to designate a percentage of the perks you earn for squad use?   I like flying the B-29 - I have a ton of bomber perks, and earn plenty more all the time.   It would be worth it to me to be able to send 10% or 20% of my bomber perks into a "pool" that the squad could use to help fund more B-29 strat raids on squad nite. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
How about being able to designate a percentage of the perks you earn for squad use?   I like flying the B-29 - I have a ton of bomber perks, and earn plenty more all the time.   It would be worth it to me to be able to send 10% or 20% of my bomber perks into a "pool" that the squad could use to help fund more B-29 strat raids on squad nite. 

why not just take them to early war or mid war and let them vulch you?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 06:15:42 PM »
why not just take them to early war or mid war and let them vulch you?

semp

Because one activity (doing bombing raids and letting the squad have a percentage of the perks for the squad pool) is legitimate play, and the other is gamey BULL$h!^

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 07:11:47 PM »
Because one activity (doing bombing raids and letting the squad have a percentage of the perks for the squad pool) is legitimate play, and the other is gamey BULL$h!^

actually both are gamey.  I have over 5k points gathered 1 perk for every 10 kills in my ponyd.  I dont use them nor I plan to.  but to me I dont understand how anybody over 1 month in the game doesnt have enough perks to fly any perk plane/gv anytime he feels like it, eny permitting.

I see lots of players that have been around for years and not having enough perks to even fly a zero (sarcasm intended).  the funniest thing I ever heard was when some long time player proudly announced that he had gotten over 60 perks in one flight.  when I asked him how many perks he had, he replied 60  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

and these are the guys you want to transfer perks to?  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

semp

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
  but to me I dont understand how anybody over 1 month in the game doesnt have enough perks to fly any perk plane/gv anytime he feels like it, eny permitting.

The average player (2 weekers omitted!) makes something like 2-3 perks per hour. Really good, significantly above average player can make 8-9 per hour in fighter mode in the long run. And yes, that's including the occasional "30 perks in one sortie!"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
I am against transfer of perks because then it becomes currency. I would suggest potentially being able to trade in a large number of perks, maybe 5k, for a free month of play.

This could be interesting for the following reasons:

1. It is a high enough number that farming would be too much of a hassle and could be easily recognized.
2. It could encourage use of aircraft that rarely get used outside of FSO and AvA.
3. It could give some people the opportunity to earn a free month without bankrupting HTC.
4. It would allow people who don't use their perks for the best aircraft to do something with them.

Just a thought. :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
I am against transfer of perks because then it becomes currency. I would suggest potentially being able to trade in a large number of perks, maybe 5k, for a free month of play.

This could be interesting for the following reasons:

1. It is a high enough number that farming would be too much of a hassle and could be easily recognized.
2. It could encourage use of aircraft that rarely get used outside of FSO and AvA.
3. It could give some people the opportunity to earn a free month without bankrupting HTC.
4. It would allow people who don't use their perks for the best aircraft to do something with them.

Just a thought. :salute

pand transferring 5k for 1 month of premium would lead to so much vulching of friends that it would make ah go bankrupt.

semp