Author Topic: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena  (Read 9417 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
He's not the one crying about maps?

I never said he was did I?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2013, 11:20:58 PM »
please do tell which question you asked me?

semp

Reply #56 in this thread. The questions you ignored.

I don't know if fester's terrain will be accepted or not, and I've never asked him what was causing him problems but I'm curious. What frustrations of AH content creation have you experienced that put you in a position to judge those who have? Have you spent more then an hour with any of the editors?

It's a serious question in light of very little if any appreciation shown to those who provide time creating terrains, objects, skins, cloud files and missions. I think you guys should cut the man some slack instead of spreading poo.[/quote/
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2013, 11:29:37 PM »
haters gotta hate.

What you probably have come to understand is that regular people hate success, particularly the success of somebody who is their better or superior.  These types of people are usually incapable of being subordinate to anyone, and instead of creating a situation where you could probably have helped them improve their abilities, they would rather just attack over some nit picky ridiculous non issue as they fear that they may not be able to actually improve themselves, and it's simpler to try and drag their betters down to their level instead.

In any case, don't let the idiots on the BBS get you angry, I realize that can be tough, very tough at times, but you figured that out on your own by the looks of it and have just let the rest of the BS pass by.  I worked for some celebs in Hollywood and elsewhere with the private military company I worked with after I did some tours in the mid east, and after that experience it really opened up my eyes to how much people love to attack those that have been more successful than themselves.  It bothered every one of them, including some very tough guys like Bruce Willis, who just happened to be actors, but are otherwise pretty solidly mentally and physically tough people.  If it can get to them, don't feel badly about it getting to you, but also remember that the reason it is occurring at all is that you're better than them, and take heart.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2013, 11:36:01 PM »
why are you guys arguing with drunky mcgee?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »

Drunky McGee does not sound Hispanic to me...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »

Good point. I usually don't respond to all the ignorant tripe that _fill in the blank for today_ has to say.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
how many maps have you made?  

what is your contribution to this game?

semp

Same as you. Probably about $2000  :x

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:13:53 AM by Bear76 »

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
Jeepers creepers Semp, guessing you had something to do with keeping the bickering going for some of the two years(?)
Was all you this time! Spam up the thread some more, c'mon!

Sempers gonna semp? :rofl
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
Our crab bucket politicking aside.

The new fester map will make the GVers happy and not give many advantages to pilots other than to fight for what they want. The very starkly defined fronts with generous lines of fall back and regroup fields. Will either force large missons which even NOE will become apparent quickly. Or stall out into large furballs at 3 spots on the map.

I wish the three TT GV bases were uncapturable. Late nights would see furballs over that area like at the TT on CraterMA. If that's not possible, secondary fall back GV bases like on CraterMA might make it easier for the mid day or evening crew to reclaim their territory since the nearest other airfields are only a sector away at the same elevation. It may be more than bomber pilots can resist to not run low level conga line carpet bombing trains at the center fields to shut them down and capture all in a movement late night. 

Or that's the reason for such a juicy set of targets out in the open.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
If this terrain gets accepted and put into LW rotation, I only hope it's replacing another large terrain instead of just being added.

Not because I don't like the other large maps, in fact I love them and the huge variety of gameplay they do allow in theory.
But in practice the numbers don't really support them anymore. For all but the peak 3-4 hours of the day it's just too much area for too few people. And large maps tend to be up for a disproportional amount of time compared to the higher number of small maps.

That's sad, but that's how it is.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
I hope its a good addition.  Sounds good on paper anyway.  If I couldn't enjoy things created by folks who can sometimes be a#$hats or drama queens, I would have to toss most of my CDs, rarely watch a movie, and sell my Van Goghs.
AMAX  in game

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
I hope its a good addition.  Sounds good on paper anyway.  If I couldn't enjoy things created by folks who can sometimes be a#$hats or drama queens, I would have to toss most of my CDs, rarely watch a movie, and sell my Van Goghs.

Must have an antagonist(s) in any drama  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2013, 05:57:43 PM »
Must have an antagonist(s) in any drama  :)

The antagonist(s) being?  :)

This could have existed without the drama. People will interpret that from whatever
perspective their own bias warrants.  ;)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2013, 05:58:18 PM »
use default setup on the fester terrain bustr. the 3 center gv bases are uncapturable.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:27 PM »
The antagonist(s) being?  :)

This could have existed without the drama. People will interpret that from whatever
perspective their own bias warrants.  ;)

I was talking about the game, not this thread. As for the drama here, yes it was unnecessary, but someone had to make it personal.