Author Topic: If you are new click here.  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
If you are new click here.
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:30 PM »
I have been playing this game for just about one year. I have been riding an adrenaline high for most of that time. I have died a lot. Now your looking at this game and are overwhelmed, and I bet you have died a fair bit. We'll I hope you realize this is not an easy game. That being said if you take a few steps I guarantee you will improve in skill knowledge and enjoy the game more.

1. Ask for help.
2. Read about Acm ( Air combat manovers), turn fighting, energy fighting.
3. Go to this page http://trainers.hitechcreations.com and read some more. And learn as much as u can about the whole game.
4. If your now sick of reading watch some vids by the likes of
                               Vuduvince https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCADnOaV0-52prmVlAkLEZ_g more specifically his aces high training area.
                               Latrobe https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQrhDYTfS8hlyZ64kWAGCmw also some
very instructional videos.
5. If you haven't already look for a squad if you post in the squads part of the forum I bet a squad will pick you up. You don't have to stay, you need to find a squad that has similar interests and those can change over time. Learn from them, ask questions, pay attention to what they do and say.
6. Take all that you are learning and try it, over and over, focus on small goals, like I want to survive 2 turns in a stall fight, I want to land my bombs on this attack run, I want to get hits on a plane.

In time your skill will increase, I would consider myself an average pilot in skill and knowledge and hope that I can continue to find good fights, challenging fights, even fights I don't walk away from, as long as I learn more. I hope to give some good sticks a second thought and a who was that guy. You can get there as well. I wish I could say its easy and you can win the first day or week, you may get a kill but to consistently get kills will take time. I hope this helped in someway to even one player and this will have been worth it.

All I ask is to keep this read civil and helpful, share experiences from a memorable flight, first time u accomplished something. Let's help these new players succeed by hearing we were all once there.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: If you are new click here.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:08 PM »
dont forget the part about having fun.  if hoing a bogie makes you smile then it's worth your 15bucks.  if you kill a higher ranking player than you and he whines on 200 then you made your 15 bucks.  if you cant fly and all you can do is ho and it makes you smile then you spent your 15 bucks wisely.

if at the end of the day you figure out than you cant take off or even land a plane but you log off with a smile on your face then you truly have spent your 15 bucks wisely

in other words have fun your way. it's your 15 bucks and if you cant fly for crap, aim for crap, land for crap but you still have a smile when you log off, you have done good.

for all of you who play and log off with a smile I salute you  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:39 PM »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:02:19 AM »
Don't be afraid to switch sides once in a while. When you switch sides it becomes like that pick up football game in school, good competition but you're still friends with the other side.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:57:56 AM »
Agreed it is just a game and if your not having fun it not worth 15 dollars  :cheers:

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
#1 should be "set up your stick" and we need some sort of sticky with screenshots to help them get a good starting point setup.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
Just a few days ago I had my first successful 2v1. I took off in my ki-84 levelled off at 9500 asl ( above sea level). Moved towards a base, was soon dived apron by a p51, I dodged his initial attack and 2 others before I was able to get on his six, he took off for home. So I followed. As I arrived at this base I see a spit climbing out and engage him in a turn fight, 3-4 turns in a friend gets the kill shot. Now I have a quarter tank and feel like a rubber bullet night. Then I see said friend fighting a ki43', he eventually died and I went in for a slashing type attack, missing 3 snap shots I see a flash off in the distance,

And I think to myself I'm dead, there is a p38 F4u and a fw190 all off the airfield and heading my way.  So I think to myself peace and tak off, I dive for the deck in a safe direction. The 38 and 43 don't have the energy to follow and eventually only the 190 and corsair are behind me, I have almost no fuel and a half ammo load and am 50 miles from home. So I figure I'm dead anyways, the logical step is go down fighting, I pull up and yo,yo around dive under corsair. And dodge 190, turn into corsair and after two turns and one more dodge of the 190 light the corsair up. The 190 continues to take a pass extend and repeat, allowing me time to build energy till finally I deam I can commit to follow his extend, he realized to Kate I had energy on him and. Was soon dispatched to the cartoon grave.

Imy heart was throbbing I was out of fuel and supper elated. All in all in time u will get to a point will you will survive more and it takes time :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:41:40 AM by Schen »

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »
I would suggest heading to the dueling arena and making some pals.  I've learned more in there than in the MA.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »
To new players, I would say:  just like in the rest of the world, in here, there are kind people and some jerks mixed in.  Don't let the jerks get you annoyed.  They aren't worth it.  There are a bunch of people who are happy that you are flying Aces High.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
To new players, I would say:  just like in the rest of the world, in here, there are kind people and some jerks mixed in.  Don't let the jerks get you annoyed.  They aren't worth it.  There are a bunch of people who are happy that you are flying Aces High.
+100
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
Addendum: If you are new (or not) click here.  :D

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »
Skuzzy please make a sticky for this in the help and training bull items. The first post is extremely helpful
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 03:44:01 PM »
I have been playing this game for just about one year. I have been riding an adrenaline high for most of that time. I have died a lot. Now your looking at this game and are overwhelmed, and I bet you have died a fair bit. We'll I hope you realize this is not an easy game. That being said if you take a few steps I guarantee you will improve in skill knowledge and enjoy the game more.

1. Ask for help.
2. Read about Acm ( Air combat manovers), turn fighting, energy fighting.
3. Go to this page http://trainers.hitechcreations.com and read some more. And learn as much as u can about the whole game.
4. If your now sick of reading watch some vids by the likes of
                               Vuduvince https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCADnOaV0-52prmVlAkLEZ_g more specifically his aces high training area.
                               Latrobe https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQrhDYTfS8hlyZ64kWAGCmw also some
very instructional videos.
5. If you haven't already look for a squad if you post in the squads part of the forum I bet a squad will pick you up. You don't have to stay, you need to find a squad that has similar interests and those can change over time. Learn from them, ask questions, pay attention to what they do and say.
6. Take all that you are learning and try it, over and over, focus on small goals, like I want to survive 2 turns in a stall fight, I want to land my bombs on this attack run, I want to get hits on a plane.

In time your skill will increase, I would consider myself an average pilot in skill and knowledge and hope that I can continue to find good fights, challenging fights, even fights I don't walk away from, as long as I learn more. I hope to give some good sticks a second thought and a who was that guy. You can get there as well. I wish I could say its easy and you can win the first day or week, you may get a kill but to consistently get kills will take time. I hope this helped in someway to even one player and this will have been worth it.

All I ask is to keep this read civil and helpful, share experiences from a memorable flight, first time u accomplished something. Let's help these new players succeed by hearing we were all once there.
   This is pretty much how I approached the game when I started almost a year ago. Having fun is always my main objective and I do. Nice post.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »
It's just too bad all these videos and things weren't available when I started. Thankfully there are plenty of friendly and helpful players that are willing to show you the ropes.

Another thing I've thought about, is the training arena (at least every time I've looked recently) is essentially dead. I know why HTC decided to do away with damage there, but that's where I spent all of my time when I was new.

I don't think I even ventured into the main arena until I was several months into the game, used to always have good sticks in the training arena to smack me around.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by Estes »

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:26:43 AM »
I don't know how well i would have done if i didn't have videos to grasp certain concepts. Always have been a visual learner, for example when i took my leopard 1c2 training they were talking mills and lead shooting. Over head shwoosh. Put me in him and show me shot boom make it every time  same for snap shots once i understood the concept of imagining where the enemy will be when i fire and then seeing it in the vids, it really just helped. I hope that made sense lol just woke up.

Fo those of you that don't know the leopard one was the main battle tank for the Canadian military now replaced by the leopard 2 which in my mind is an amazing tank. Off topic yes but meh.