Author Topic: Gunnery and the New Aces High Player  (Read 1019 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Gunnery and the New Aces High Player
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:36:53 PM »
I've posted a link to my new gunsight package in the Aircraft And Vehicles forum. The gunsights are window dressing. The value of the package is the "Gunnery" folder. The Aces High default gunsight "default.bmp" is a 101Mil ring and dot. The standard for AtoA Allied combat. The gunsights in the historic pac are to give you added immersion into our game at real world scaled sizes to each country's gunsight.

-------------------------------------------------------
Gunnery Manuals

Included the following WW2 gunnery manuals:

British - Bag the Hun (RAF Gunnery Manual)
AAF 1943 - Fighter Pilot Gunnery
AAF 1943 - Get That Fighter (Bomber gunners handbook)
AAF 1944 - Sights and Sighting (Updated gunners handbook)
Germany - Horrido! (Des Jagers Schiessfibel)
Germany - Hoorido! English Translation ( Translation of select parts)
--------------------------------------------------------

The pilot and gunner of WW2 had the same two problems when shooting at the enemy. Judging range and lead. Hitech is kind enough to give us the range. The Aces High Trainers are talented enough to help you learn to determine the lead. Especially since everyone can use the same manuals now.

By the way, I'm convinced 999000 personally wrote those gunners manuals. He was slaying my fighters 20 years ago from his B17 in Air Warrior.

Here is the download link for the gunsight package so you can get the manuals.

Download Link===>>>: http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/63472571/file.html

Please do not un-zip this directly to C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\sights.

If you choose to use any of the gunsights from this package, remember, each gunsight needs it's mil file copied with it to the sights directory to make it show up correctly. There are "readme" files all over the package to help you.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
Re: Gunnery and the New Aces High Player
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »
Thank you for your excellent sights. I think HTC should make them default in game.
And most precious are books. Thank you twice.
AH: impulse9

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:49:21 PM »
i cant find mil for almost all of the gunsights only one  has them
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »
 :salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:44 PM »
i cant find mil for almost all of the gunsights only one  has them

Please expand on this a tad. Your brevity makes me look like a loquacious old fert......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:03:15 PM »
Please expand on this a tad. Your brevity makes me look like a loquacious old fert......
oh i downloaded one of your gunsight packs but the copy i downloaded did not have the Mil file only one or two gunsight tab had them but i guess i had another one of the same and i fixed the gunsights
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Ok,

Recently I cleaned up an old pre 512x512, 128x128 bitmap, and posted a link back for the originator. If you download my Historic pacs, they are itemized by country, readmes in each, and every bmp file has a mil file.

You have some great brevity going there. Leaves me clueless to help you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
How new Bustr?
I just added in your sight pack a couple of days ago. Currently trying out REV 3.
Does the mil have to be included from previous packs?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:25:08 PM by MADe »
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 07:11:56 PM »
No, it's just a size control file with the number 256 as the size focus.

You can rename any of the other control files from way back when (whatevers.mil) if you lost the current one. Just edit any one of them in notepad. Say you loose the one for the Revi3.bmp, just open the Mk8v2.mil or anyone you choose in notepad. Then Save As Revi3.mil.txt making sure the number 256 is at the top of the file. Then rename the saved Revi3.mil.txt to Revi3.mil by removing the .txt from the name in file manager. Simplest is to right click on the file and choose rename.

It has to be saved with .txt first, for the format, so Aces High can see the number 256.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing