Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7766 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2014, 07:37:40 AM »
Early war.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/13a141wvgwhzwzp/film0_0011.ahf

Same in Mid war.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8l1qzceyfm5986/bomb_bail_mid_war_lancs_0210_0214.ahf

Don't you get the impression that no one cares besides you yet?

I'm sure this falls under " it is their $15". While it sucks for those that do the chasing, I doubt you will ever see anything done.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
Don't you get the impression that no one cares besides you yet?

Ahh no.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »
The issue here is bailing.  Bailing is reinforced, where it should be frowned upon. 

It's a tactical thing we do.  for example to stop the bishop/rook horde (we knights do not horde as that needs teamwork  :rofl), I will go to a base and take out ords and dar.  I wont waste the time to rtb.  I'll bail then go hit the next base and so on.

sometimes I'll be 1/2 way to a base or actually rtb'ing with kills and our squad plans a mission, then sometimes I'll bail too.  I have bailed out with as many as 7 kills (ok that one because I forgot I had 7).

thinking that bailing should be frowned upon is like trying to enforce "honor" rules that some people "play by".

you can argue to death the bailing out thingy but fact is you wont change what players do.  if they want to bail out then let them bail out.  people will only annoy you if you let them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
Right, because maybe we should just allow them to spam Lancs and B17s; just click a button and the AI does it for you, maybe even allow them to spam more than one base and do an actual player piloted bomb and bail at the same time, then they can bomb and bail 3 different bases at the same time; that'd be great for game play wouldn't it. After all you say that's what they want, so give it to them.

:rolleyes:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »
It's the same as the guys who tower their GVs when they hear the bombs falling.

Its the same as the guys who run to ack and hide in it.

Its the same as the guys who vulch you on the runway.

All pretty lame, all spoil your fun, but it is their $15. Your not going to see a change.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »
It's a tactical thing we do.  for example to stop the bishop/rook horde (we knights do not horde as that needs teamwork  :rofl), I will go to a base and take out ords and dar.  I wont waste the time to rtb.  I'll bail then go hit the next base and so on.

true, but because we are gaming the system, not because it is good for the game....

[snip]
thinking that bailing should be frowned upon is like trying to enforce "honor" rules that some people "play by". 

nope, rules won't work, but maybe different rewards systems might "encourage" less gamey behavior

[snip]
you can argue to death the bailing out thingy but fact is you wont change what players do.

if the benefits outweigh the penalties then the players will adjust accordingly.... so there is something that CAN be done

semp

Also, Fugi your point about things that are annoyances is well taken.  I don't agree, that you won't see a change.  I don't have that crystal ball, but through the years have seen a number of changes and I do have confidence that HTC development will continue to evolve in the spirit of creating a platform for combat. 

Dumping aircraft to avoid combat after effecting others combat abilities is the key issue here.  What the developers feel about that now is anyone's guess.  However at one point the direction they were contemplating for the game, centered around pilots' ability to perform tasks and survive.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2014, 11:01:30 PM »
Also, Fugi your point about things that are annoyances is well taken.  I don't agree, that you won't see a change.  I don't have that crystal ball, but through the years have seen a number of changes and I do have confidence that HTC development will continue to evolve in the spirit of creating a platform for combat. 

Dumping aircraft to avoid combat after effecting others combat abilities is the key issue here.  What the developers feel about that now is anyone's guess.  However at one point the direction they were contemplating for the game, centered around pilots' ability to perform tasks and survive.

chilli we have flown for a while while in the pigs.  and you know that people like me perks means nothing  and also points mean nothing.  first time i flew with the chawks I went thru 9 b29's just to prove that i could take off on a short base with a tree in front of it. I won  I only lost 8 b29's :).  then i lost my last one over the strats as i had gone to the bathroom.  hey perks and points are free in this game  :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »
It's a reaction to Ink's thread hating on the "Survive at all costs" folks.
Retired

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »

Your not going to see a change.

Seem to remember a single post by a player who lost a 262 to GHI in an IL-2 via F3 mode.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:10 AM »
Seem to remember a single post by a player who lost a 262 to GHI in an IL-2 via F3 mode.

I remember far more than one post. Also that issue was something that gave an unfair advantage to players using F3 mode. This one doesn't give anyone and advantage other than being able to more more runs in the time it takes to do one.

Is it game changing? I don't think so, that's why I don't think you'll see any changes.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
I remember far more than one post. Also that issue was something that gave an unfair advantage to players using F3 mode. This one doesn't give anyone and advantage other than being able to more more runs in the time it takes to do one.

Is it game changing? I don't think so, that's why I don't think you'll see any changes.

When 1 person hits strats & bails it has far more impact going on than extra sorties to do it again.

The impact is up to three hours long.

Far more impact than a single player in an IL-2 that shot down a 262 in f3 mode.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
How so? If he made it to the strats then the damage is done and bailing only saves him the time of the return to base. If he bails and you intercept him on his next trip and bails you stopped him, but don't get the kill. No advantage any where in there. If he made the trip to bomb a strategic and made it then the 3 hours is right, he earned it. Just because you didn't get to shoot him down doesn't give him an unfair advantage.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »
What you do after you drop bomb or troops or whatever says a lot about how you view this game.

If you fly back to your field, you see Aces High as a flight simulator.

If you drop your load and then bail, you see Aces High as nothing more than an arcade game.

It's that simple.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline cegull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2014, 03:12:31 PM »
Isn't human nature fun.  I'm one of the old crusty flight simmers thats been around for a while.  Always liked aircraft.  I used to bug my father to take me to the airport to watch stuff take off and land.  I still get a rush from hearing an Alison or Packard Merlin V12.

I've played online stuff off and on, since before 2000-think AH had the "canyon lands" topography back then and yep, there were always those who sought some kind of extra advantage in the sim and those who would get really pissed and complain with four letter words online as well.  

I think I originally started in something called 'Sky Fighters" by Don Hill.  Used a mouse for controls on an ancient MAC puter.  I still laugh about getting e-mails from little kids who wanted to know how to change the coding to their advantage.  In other sims there were gang bangers and there were expert spawn campers as well.  Some folks have a need to appear better or top dog I guess.  I recently tried a 'free player' trial thingy from one of the competing sims , (you know the one with axis and allies) and to my amazement the players there are now paranoid about spies in the game.  If they can't take a town then its got to be spies.  Always someone else to blame or worry about for your own lack of success. I would think that the players must know by now that it is them that can make or break an online game.  Maybe it's got to do with the later generation of first person shooters. Blast away and get points and that's it. In contrast I used to fly cyber planes around just for the pleasure of successfully taking off, going around and landing.  An old fashioned concept I guess.

I recently built a new rig and thought about coming back to play but when I see the same old behavior is still around I'm not so sure I will.  I have to say that, considering what I recently experienced with the other sim that HiTech has been pretty good about considering player suggestions , keeping the peace and coming up with some new stuff in the game but how can he and the staff deal with all player attitude stuff and keep working on development etc.  

What ever happened to just plain old gaming fun?