Author Topic: Anyone else get into the World of Warships Closed Beta?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Anyone else get into the World of Warships Closed Beta?
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »
It's actually pretty fun! I love torpedoes! I caught 2 Battleships distracted by other ships and drove my destroyer right between them and launched both sides of torpedoes, sunk 1 and left the other on 2% health  :devil

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Anyone else get into the World of Warships Closed Beta?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 05:17:57 PM »
"Anyone else get in?"

NOPE!

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 05:57:15 PM »
It's actually pretty fun! I love torpedoes! I caught 2 Battleships distracted by other ships and drove my destroyer right between them and launched both sides of torpedoes, sunk 1 and left the other on 2% health  :devil
I wish I was.  How did you get in
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »
Are you going to try to get banned from that as well Latrobe?

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:03:00 PM »
I wish I was.  How did you get in

My friend signed up for the beta, somehow got in and they gave him a beta key so I got in. If I get a beta key as well I might give it away on here. Don't think I'll get one though.

Are you going to try to get banned from that as well Latrobe?

hehe! Not enough hardcore "this is real life!" gamers in there..... yet. They are trickling in though. Never knew people took Beta's so seriously!!  :rofl

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »
You suck Latrobe... :furious :bhead

I submitted an application, but I won't hold my breath.  The ship I look forward to using the most is the Mogami Class Cruiser. :aok

Then the Yamato, because Super Battleship. :D

I wonder when they will get around to adding the IJN CV's though.  I really look forward to using them for CV action. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
I love killing the carriers! Nothing a Carrier fears more than a destroyer that breaks through the lines  :devil One match I was hunting down 2 carriers at once (they decided to stick close together). They launched EVERYTHING at!! I had to dodge no less than 20 torpedoes at once at one point!  :lol

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 06:25:41 PM »
Do carriers have planes to launch?  How does that work in the game?
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 06:40:54 PM »
Carriers are kind of like a RTS, with a top down view of the whole battlefield (expect ships are players and not AI :)   ). You set waypoints for your planes to fly to and have them attack targets. Fighters kill other carrier planes, torpedo planes launch torpedoes, and dive bombers dive bomb.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 07:03:12 PM »
From the numerous yt vids I've seen on CV game play, the dive bombers generally do not do a whole lot of damage, but have a pretty high chance of setting things on fire and damaging turrets.  The torpedo bombers are a bigger threat, but are harder to set them up.  They are what normally take out ships, doing substantial damage and causing flooding.  Torpedo bombers are not as much of a threat to a DD, due to their maneuverability.  It's the dive bombers they have to worry about.

Dive Bombers: High chance of fire, damage/destruction of turrets, easier to setup for runs, best option against a destroyer.
Torpedo Bombers: High chance of flooding, substantial damage overall, harder to setup for runs, best option against everything else.

That be my take on them based off of videos. :aok

iChaseGaming does a pretty good job of explaining things. :)

BB's and CV's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvvqUvars0

DD's and CA's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
waiting on my app to come back but we will see.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »
From the numerous yt vids I've seen on CV game play, the dive bombers generally do not do a whole lot of damage, but have a pretty high chance of setting things on fire and damaging turrets.  The torpedo bombers are a bigger threat, but are harder to set them up.  They are what normally take out ships, doing substantial damage and causing flooding.  Torpedo bombers are not as much of a threat to a DD, due to their maneuverability.  It's the dive bombers they have to worry about.

Dive Bombers: High chance of fire, damage/destruction of turrets, easier to setup for runs, best option against a destroyer.
Torpedo Bombers: High chance of flooding, substantial damage overall, harder to setup for runs, best option against everything else.

That be my take on them based off of videos. :aok

iChaseGaming does a pretty good job of explaining things. :)

BB's and CV's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvvqUvars0

DD's and CA's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc

So how do I launch lancstukas towards fleets from an airfield  :headscratch:
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
I like a couple of the FAQ's...

Q: Will you integrate all 3 projects in one battlefield.
A: No, because it's impossible

They can't do Tanks, Planes AND Ships in one. :rofl

Q: The average dogfight lastedroughly 45 seconds, and small tank on tank fights would not ussually last long either. However ship to ship clashes would often last hours on end, and usually a few ships would be sunk and others damaged before one side retreated. How does WG plan on making battles last only 15 or so minutes?
A: In time period of our game warships already had enough firepower to sink an armored opponent fast enough. History also has some facts about 'oneshots'. For example, admiral-class battlecruisers Hood was one shot by Prinz Eugene during WWII, because of setting ammunition deck on fire. We are very careful to historical details and will tune the gameplay in the way, when player will feel operating a true steel monster.

This bit, well, hmm... :headscratch:  So far it all points to the Bismark as the one who sunk Hood.  Maybe I'm missing out on something??? :headscratch:

Regardless, I am still looking forward to it.  Until War Thunder finally tosses it's hat into the Naval ring, WoWS will be my go-to for naval action. :)  I can't get that Mogami outta my head! :bhead
HiTech

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 08:56:35 PM »
hehe! Not enough hardcore "this is real life!" gamers in there..... yet. They are trickling in though. Never knew people took Beta's so seriously!!  :rofl

I thought the whole idea of testing is to try and break the game so they can fix it...  :headscratch:

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »
I thought the whole idea of testing is to try and break the game so they can fix it...  :headscratch:

Me too, but apparently to some people that's wrong. Seen a few people yelling at their team for "sucking" and "losing". Even saw someone say "Nice Armor hack". Not even in full release yet and already the hack accusations fly!  :rofl